HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

And here is the MRM sculpt with the cheap faceplate from the Hong Kong sellers on ebay. I dont have any close up shots of this one right now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Damn he looks good! I can't wait to lose my figures

That, or they did it on purpose to suck us into buying the more accurate 1/4 scale figure...

I actually cancelled my PO for this and changed it to the 1/4 scale back when they announced it. Back when the 1/4 scale had the enlarged DX12 headsculpt haha...I am definitely thankful they fixed it.

Everything about this figure is fantastic except the cowl - it's not a 'bad' looking figure - the suit is superb as is the Wayne headsculpt.

What lets it down is the headsculpt of the cowl - which is just disgustingly horrific.

= Medicom or MRM had as a replacement and you're sorted.

I've seen pics ppl post on here. I was convinced it doesn't look as bad as ppl claim but I was disappointed when I saw the actual figure. Either that or you need to futz around a lot to make it look halfway decent.

I personally love my Dx12. It's always been my favourite piece.

I just find him a bit chunky on the lower half of the figure.

I actually have issues with everything from the elbow up.

Damn making me wish i had a Medi or MRM head now

Those things are like gold dust now

The only thing on the DX12 that I think sucks is the awful stock cape. Other than that I really don't have a problem with anything. Yes, the eyes are bigger, but not as bad as the DX02. I like that the suit is not all rubber anymore, at least on the bottom. I don't care if it's 100% accurate. No figure I have is 100% accurate.

Any way to get the Wayne sculpt on the DX02 without replacing the neck?

Finally got the chance to see this up close. It looks pretty bad IMO. I'm definitely not a stickler for movie accuracy but it just seemed to me like HT didn't even try to do their best for this figure.

I blame their hard on for Iron Man.

I hated the stock cowl. So I modded mine. I don't think it's as accurate or nice as a modded Medi but I like it and it's better than the stock cowl, I think.

DSCF3652_zps8a5f7aed.jpg

DSCF3605_zpsbcae9d4d.jpg

DSCF3602_zps572f7348.jpg

What's the medicom or MRM? I just got my dx12 this week and also am not crazy about the cowl.

Here is a fully modified Medicom cowl. It's been widened, repainted and dremeled so it can fit on an HT body.

IMG_4893_zps7ad5b69c.jpg

IMG_4862_zps764ece0e.jpg

It's a pity that Medicom has such crappy paint apps because some of their great sculpts suffer for it badly. This is just one of few that I think of.

And here is the MRM sculpt with the cheap faceplate from the Hong Kong sellers on ebay. I dont have any close up shots of this one right now.

Now that looks like Bale right there.

I actually cancelled my PO for this and changed it to the 1/4 scale back when they announced it. Back when the 1/4 scale had the enlarged DX12 headsculpt haha...I am definitely thankful they fixed it.

I've seen pics ppl post on here. I was convinced it doesn't look as bad as ppl claim but I was disappointed when I saw the actual figure. Either that or you need to futz around a lot to make it look halfway decent.

I actually have issues with everything from the elbow up.

When I first saw a stock DX12 head with one of those awful mouth plates I came down pretty hard on it. Trashed it even, considering this is the third attempt at this figure. I remember I got flamed by a few members here for saying something bad about the cowl, they thought it was "great" or "perfect". The funny thing is those same members turned around and bought the MRM and/or MANDO custom cowls when they became available. :lol Yeah.

Anyway, other than the cowl what were your complaints? There is a thread dedicated to the mods for this figure, most of which are fairly easy. The cowl being the most difficult or expensive depending on what route you take.

Fiend what did you do to yours?

Cut the BW eyes ad use those and widen then cowl? How you do widen the cowl exactly

I hated the stock cowl. So I modded mine. I don't think it's as accurate or nice as a modded Medi but I like it and it's better than the stock cowl, I think.

Now that looks like Bale right there.

The cheap ebay faceplate is brillaint, isn't it?

Robbie's was good but the paint came off within seconds.

The ebay one fits in the MRM cowl perfectly.

The cheap ebay faceplate is brillaint, isn't it?

Robbie's was good but the paint came off within seconds.

The ebay one fits in the MRM cowl perfectly.

Zero problem with my Robbie face plate, the paint still looks beautiful.
On the DX12 cowl the Ebay plate is undersized, resin has a tendency to shrink.

When I first saw a stock DX12 head with one of those awful mouth plates I came down pretty hard on it. Trashed it even, considering this is the third attempt at this figure. I remember I got flamed by a few members here for saying something bad about the cowl, they thought it was "great" or "perfect". The funny thing is those same members turned around and bought the MRM and/or MANDO custom cowls when they became available. :

I got flamed for the same thing....I just don't get how you defend a figure that requires a ton of mods to look better than HTs last attempt.

This is their 3rd time making this figure and its still not right :slap

I got flamed for the same thing....I just don't get how you defend a figure that requires a ton of mods to look better than HTs last attempt.

This is their 3rd time making this figure and its still not right :slap

IT is funny that it doesn't look right after a number of figures already, yet they did an amazing job with Keaton Batman on the first try.

Maybe a few people at HT don't care about Bale Batman?

DX12 is one figure I'm not planning to change anything on. IMO, the weakest part of the whole package is the Bale head sculpt. It's decent, but not as good as the rest of the figure. Mine stays in the box as I have no plans to do a Bruce Wayne bash.

IMO, the weakest part of the whole package is the Bale head sculpt. It's decent, but not as good as the rest of the figure. Mine stays in the box as I have no plans to do a Bruce Wayne bash.
Totally agree! Never liked Bruce's sculpt from this release. They did good on Exclusive, and this one was almost a downgrade.
I think they left all the best of likeness, accuracy and details for 1/4 figure. That one is just amazing.

DX12 is one figure I'm not planning to change anything on. IMO, the weakest part of the whole package is the Bale head sculpt. It's decent, but not as good as the rest of the figure. Mine stays in the box as I have no plans to do a Bruce Wayne bash.

I must be crazy then because I love the Bruce sculpt lol

Everyone who visits me at my house always comments on how amazing the dx12 is, more than any other figure I own.

I've watched the movie maybe 10 times and I'm convinced the dx12 is awesome!

Don't get me wrong, the modded figures I see on this thread are much better, but I'm fine with it stock :)

Back