HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

o5AG7D7.jpg

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Anyway the sculpt of this figure in the pic below here looks skinny and long IMO. Maybe that is len's distortion.:dunno

lol, yet again, Sideshow Freaks casually throwing around the term "lens distortion" without knowing what it means.

You're right that it does look skinny and long, but it's neither the result of the head/face nor of any "distortion." The neck is simply far too long, lending the impression that the whole figure is that way. The giraffe neck is far more apparent when he's held in-hand.

It's the one really big defect of the figure.

Hey guys, need a little helpful advice... Kind of a general question with all Hot Toy figures, but what is the best way to swap the hands out? Is it better to remove the whole peg with the hands intact or just remove the hands with the peg still in the arm? I want to avoid breaking the peg. I remember with the MMS71 Dark Knight and the Batman Begins, there was an issue where they kept breaking. Thanks in advance!

Need advice guys, I have this DX12 and BB toy fair 2011 and was planning on selling them and no longer want to collect HT anymore. Or should I keep them, since HT man of steel fig is coming soon?

I don't know if I should keep them or let them go.

Hey guys, need a little helpful advice... Kind of a general question with all Hot Toy figures, but what is the best way to swap the hands out? Is it better to remove the whole peg with the hands intact or just remove the hands with the peg still in the arm? I want to avoid breaking the peg. I remember with the MMS71 Dark Knight and the Batman Begins, there was an issue where they kept breaking. Thanks in advance!

General rule of thumb I find is to not bend the peg when trying to get it out but to just pull it straight out to avoind damaging it. A pair o pliers can come in hand for this task.

Need advice guys, I have this DX12 and BB toy fair 2011 and was planning on selling them and no longer want to collect HT anymore. Or should I keep them, since HT man of steel fig is coming soon?

I don't know if I should keep them or let them go.

Sell them to me :monkey3

In all seriousness tho if your planning on buying the Man of Steel figure I would keep them, but if your trying to get out of the collecting game all together than I would sell them and not get the Man of Steel figure. If you end up getting Superman you'll probably regret selling your Batman figures over time.

If you're getting Man of Steel figure, you should keep your DX 12 / Nolan's Batman figures. Because they represented the modern reimagining of those characters. One wouldn't look complete without each other. (Except if they decided to create a new batman to accompany MoS's universe)

Can someone tell me how to get the stock cape to fit properly please? Mine looks horrible at the moment and keeps falling out:slap

Last edited:

if its falling out you haven't gotten the clips all the way into the body.

you want the curved portion to rest on the figures shoulder and the lip under where the cape is sewn to the clip fully underneath the the insert hole.

TBH Fiend, I am not the biggest fan of Nesson, so I guess I do not pay much attention to the face as you do because inimines one looks fine to me and I tell straight away that it is him. Maybe it is not perfect but it looks pretty good to me but you probably see things I don't, which is why you do not like it.

Anyway the sculpt of this figure in the pic below here looks skinny and long IMO. Maybe that is len's distortion.:dunno

Sorry Fiend I think I prefer the wider forehead to this.

Ugh. I grow weary of this place sometimes.

There's nothing to be sorry for. You like Imimininimininimninimie and I don't.

I gently pull and lightly twist (holding the lower palm area) till the hand (w/ peg attached) comes off at the wrist. I take needle nose pliers and pull on the peg till the hand comes off. Put new hand on peg then push back onto wrist. Hope this helps.

if its falling out you haven't gotten the clips all the way into the body.

you want the curved portion to rest on the figures shoulder and the lip under where the cape is sewn to the clip fully underneath the the insert hole.

Thanks! Looks a lot better now

Sell them to me :monkey3

In all seriousness tho if your planning on buying the Man of Steel figure I would keep them, but if your trying to get out of the collecting game all together than I would sell them and not get the Man of Steel figure. If you end up getting Superman you'll probably regret selling your Batman figures over time.

If you're getting Man of Steel figure, you should keep your DX 12 / Nolan's Batman figures. Because they represented the modern reimagining of those characters. One wouldn't look complete without each other. (Except if they decided to create a new batman to accompany MoS's universe)

Yeah, I was thinking on getting the MoS when HT release the fig. Since I missed out on Bane, Joker 2.0, Bat-Pod and Tumbler made me don't want to collect these anymore. But thanks to your posts got me thinking and will keep them instead. :)

I guess I will have to go through Evilbay to get those I missed out on... :gah:

General rule of thumb I find is to not bend the peg when trying to get it out but to just pull it straight out to avoind damaging it. A pair o pliers can come in hand for this task.

I gently pull and lightly twist (holding the lower palm area) till the hand (w/ peg attached) comes off at the wrist. I take needle nose pliers and pull on the peg till the hand comes off. Put new hand on peg then push back onto wrist. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys!:)

Doesn't look too bad here.

lol, yet again, Sideshow Freaks casually throwing around the term "lens distortion" without knowing what it means.

You're right that it does look skinny and long, but it's neither the result of the head/face nor of any "distortion." The neck is simply far too long, lending the impression that the whole figure is that way. The giraffe neck is far more apparent when he's held in-hand.

It's the one really big defect of the figure.

I can agree with all that but please clarify what Len's distortion means then?

Last edited:

Quick few pics I took of Bats!

Back