HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Ok, so Sideshow got back to me regarding my second DX12. As expected, they offered me $40 credit for damage or $35 partial refund. So, do I accept one of these offers and find replacement parts off another member or eBay (chipped scowling faceplate and utility belt) or do I return the figure for full refund and buy a complete new set here in Australia for $300AUD shipped? My box is torn too but I've given up on getting a good one of those.

Benefit of getting locally is that if this one has QC issues I can easily return the set for another. What do you think I should do?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Ok, so Sideshow got back to me regarding my second DX12. As expected, they offered me $40 credit for damage or $35 partial refund. So, do I accept one of these offers and find replacement parts off another member or eBay (chipped scowling faceplate and utility belt) or do I return the figure for full refund and buy a complete new set here in Australia for $300AUD shipped? My box is torn too but I've given up on getting a good one of those.

Benefit of getting locally is that if this one has QC issues I can easily return the set for another. What do you think I should do?

Get a refund. A damaged box is one thing, damaged parts are a different matter entirely.

I also totally agree with a full refund. A Sideshow rep told me that the Hot Toys shipper box was designed for shipping and protection against damage. I disagree given the examples posted here on this thread. They will get the message with more returns. Just make sure your able to obtain one locally first before sending it off. You shouldn't have to go to ebay to buy parts that you've already paid for.

Go with the refund. I wouldn't accept the damaged parts. You planning on ordering from popcultcha?

Got my Bat-pod and Bane from them and they're very good. They only bubble wrap the shipper, but Auspost takes good care of packages I find and everything I've received is mint.

mrm or whatever its called its awfull,mms71 dark knight head is way better if you dont want rolling eyes,and whyre sculpt the cowl it fine except the cape in total figure its fine i dont get why a lot of ppl spent so much money to modify something really cool.god.

But the MRM cowl isn't a mod to the existing DX12 cowl. It's a separate head all together. It gives people more options. Honestly for myself I didn't feel the DX12 cowl was very accurate to the movies to begin with. I like that I can have a more accurate option to switch with on the fly.

Is there anywhere I can get this for a reasonable price? Just bought so I want a Bat to accompany it with.

Get a refund. A damaged box is one thing, damaged parts are a different matter entirely.

I also totally agree with a full refund. A Sideshow rep told me that the Hot Toys shipper box was designed for shipping and protection against damage. I disagree given the examples posted here on this thread. They will get the message with more returns. Just make sure your able to obtain one locally first before sending it off. You shouldn't have to go to ebay to buy parts that you've already paid for.
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna hit up Sideshow for a full refund.

Go with the refund. I wouldn't accept the damaged parts. You planning on ordering from popcultcha?

Got my Bat-pod and Bane from them and they're very good. They only bubble wrap the shipper, but Auspost takes good care of packages I find and everything I've received is mint.

Hey dude,

Yeah, gonna order it from Popcultcha. Heard many good things about them. At least if there is an issue with the figure from there I can get a replacement quickly. Here's hoping that I can get a problem-free DX12 after a 3rd attempt lol.

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna hit up Sideshow for a full refund.

Hey dude,

Yeah, gonna order it from Popcultcha. Heard many good things about them. At least if there is an issue with the figure from there I can get a replacement quickly. Here's hoping that I can get a problem-free DX12 after a 3rd attempt lol.
Can you link me the DX12 on their website? Can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone else know any place selling this for a reasonable price?

It depends what you consider reasonable. Big Bad Toystore at about $340 the last I checked. It's the only store I know that even has it.

001-4_zpsc98f69b4.jpg

Damn thought that was a screen cap or something. Dying to get this figure now.

But $350 is crazy :(

Cheers. You know after the DX-02 skyrocketing in price after its release, I thought HT were going to saturate the market with the DX-12. It seemed like it too, with word of SS getting multiple shipments of the thing, but this seems to have dried up as well.

Buuuuut... if this does turn into another DX-02 situation, $350 will seem like a bargain in a few months :(

Cheers. You know after the DX-02 skyrocketing in price after its release, I thought HT were going to saturate the market with the DX-12. It seemed like it too, with word of SS getting multiple shipments of the thing, but this seems to have dried up as well.

Buuuuut... if this does turn into another DX-02 situation, $350 will seem like a bargain in a few months :(

Ya I am glad I didn't hesitate and ordered mine ended up saving myself about 90 bucks from the price increases. Was worried that there would be a ton out there going for under retail but apparently they didnt flood the market with them so that is always great news for those of us that may sell there DX12 down the road :yess:

I once asked if I should buy this or Jack Joker and a friendly member told me to definitely buy this first. Such good advice

can anyone tell me why the right arm is longer than the left on the DX12? Is there a fix for this? Thanks

You can push/pull the arm at the shoulder, giving it an impression of different lengths if one is pushed in and the other pulled out.

Back