HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I can see a number of differences, and I suspect anyone and everyone can if you point it out to them. But without referencing the movie or photographs from the movie prop at the same time (or close enough to the same time), I can't tell you which one of those 1/6 cowls is more similar to the real thing. And with accuracy not on the table, one doesn't look necessarily any "better" than the other to me, especially when using the exact same face plug.

But like I said, I understand the strive for accuracy and other perfectionist tendencies. I have a lot of them myself, just not here. I mean, I bought the DX05 Indy for Pete's sake, and I think we can all agree there's something very obviously missing in the face sculpt. ;)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The difference is indeed striking.
Still, even though the MRM cowl may look more accurate in some respects (the truth is somewhere between the two cowls IMO), there is no question for me that the modified DX cowl is aesthetically better looking.
The Medi / MRM cowl gives Batman a somewhat retarded expression and I want a cool looking Batman on my shelves.
Modified DX12 it is!

He did a very bad shot of the two cowl, I mean I wouldn't use the word "retarded" that's harsh. Lol I wish I have one so I can do a comparison.

You crack me up bro. :)

While not perfect it's better than the DX12 cowl in my opinion. In person the MRM is really the more accurate cowl. And I apologize for the "very bad shot" of the two. Phone pics is all I can do unfortunately. Retarded is a bit harsh. Maybe someone will do a better comparison that have these two

I can see a number of differences, and I suspect anyone and everyone can if you point it out to them. But without referencing the movie or photographs from the movie prop at the same time (or close enough to the same time), I can't tell you which one of those 1/6 cowls is more similar to the real thing. And with accuracy not on the table, one doesn't look necessarily any "better" than the other to me, especially when using the exact same face plug.

But like I said, I understand the strive for accuracy and other perfectionist tendencies. I have a lot of them myself, just not here. I mean, I bought the DX05 Indy for Pete's sake, and I think we can all agree there's something very obviously missing in the face sculpt. ;)

Glad someone said that mate, i am a bit of a perfectionist in most things i do but where the DX12 is concerned i feel its kinda getting out of control with all these mods & different cowls & capes etc...
Most people are just happy to own a HT figure when you think how much these things cost.
I personally Prefer the DX cowl & will not put anymore cash into trying to make just 1 figure perfect as it will never be 100% perfect. when does it stop?
I was bored the other day so grabbed the figure cut into the suit just to remove the fat under suit, major articulation improvement & needed to remove a link in the belt as the waist was thinner but that's as far as I'll go with this figure already did the eye paint.
its hard enough trying to get these figures when there released then it seems there's cowls & capes to panic buy due to fear of them
selling out or a limited run. I paid £190 for my DX12 & if i did all the things that some have done on here it would be twice that price already. Just annoys me at times lol :gah:

Last edited:

Glad someone said that mate, i am a bit of a perfectionist in most things i do but where the DX12 is concerned i feel its kinda getting out of control with all these mods & different cowls & capes etc...
Most people are just happy to own a HT figure when you think how much these things cost.
I personally Prefer the DX cowl & will not put anymore cash into trying to make just 1 figure perfect as it will never be 100% perfect. when does it stop?
I was bored the other day so grabbed the figure cut into the suit just to remove the fat under suit, major articulation improvement & needed to remove a link in the belt as the waist was thinner but that's as far as I'll go with this figure already did the eye paint.
its hard enough trying to get these figures when there released then it seems there's cowls & capes to panic buy due to fear of them
selling out or a limited run. I paid £190 for my DX12 & if i did all the things that some have done on here it would be twice that price already. Just annoys me at times lol :gah:

I'm glad you like yours stock beside taking out the fat suit. But most modification doesn't cost twice the figure. I just don't know how you got your number to be twice that amount.

There just hater out there who going to hate no matter what. Some times people just takes thing out of perspective. Truth is its your dx12, do whatever makes you happy. Stock or mod? At the end your be the one steering at it. People are just here to show there work. Bad or good, it's something for us collectors to argue about. And I'm sure most of you get a kick out of it. :)

While not perfect it's better than the DX12 cowl in my opinion. In person the MRM is really the more accurate cowl. And I apologize for the "very bad shot" of the two. Phone pics is all I can do unfortunately. Retarded is a bit harsh. Maybe someone will do a better comparison that have these two

I actually thought the pictures were good, they reflect the differences between the two figures as well as any other I've seen.
Beyond that it's obviously a matter of taste, mine goes towards the moded DX12, not so much for accuracy but for cool aesthetics.
As a scale modeler when I build a P-47 I want a really accurate plane.
When dealing with $200+ figures I want a superhero who looks like an actor, not an actor who looks like a superhero!
When filming superhero movies a lot of tricks are used to make the character look like something more than a guy in a suit, some on these boards just want that "guy in a suit" look, I want the superhero our minds perceives when watching the movies.

There is no comparison. The HT cowl looks weird even with all the mods because the problem is the cowl itself, not the eyes or faceplates. The most notorious mistake is the nose of the cowl which is too short. The MRM cowl is not perfect either but looks much more accurate and looks great with any faceplate.

For those wondering, the Kai mouthpiece, can't fit the MRM cowl, the chin is too long.

Looking at those comparison pictures, going back and forth a lot I can tell a couple of subtle differences, around the eyes and the shape of the back of the cowl seems slightly different. But like I and others have said maybe you need to see it in hand. But as long as everyone is happy with what they have that's all that matters.

Hot Toys aren't getting cheaper so I can totally understand the complaints.
$100+ figure - I can expect little mods to be made
$200+ figure - No mods should have to be made
$300+ figure - I want that actor shrunken and dry freezed on my shelf.

Not many people are complaining about Bane although he is pricy for an MMS line. Too many people are complaining about the DX12 and he is very pricy. In other words I would expect a DX line to be near flawless for the price that it commands in comparison to the MMS line.

I love my DX12 but he is far from perfect for the price I paid.
Cheap cape, bad mouth options, googly eyes, thunder thighs, magnet head, cowl sculpt and for some one who stayed indoors for years - Bruce has quite a tan and looks like he gained a bit of weight.

DX12 toy of the year? ughh no, DX11 definitely earns that title for me.

what a waste to go and customize that head,why buy it if you dont like it?and just for the record the custom looks dumb looks like a poor guy who just got beaten up

what a waste to go and customize that head,why buy it if you dont like it?and just for the record the custom looks dumb looks like a poor guy who just got beaten up

Are you talking about the MRM cowl or the modded DX12 cowl?

Mine just arrive , Kai studio face plate. Look sick

image_zps4df43275.jpg

Hey redd, sorry I wasn't able to provide any pics, but seeing as how you received it...it is sick looking right?? Doesn't take anything away from Robbie's face plate, but like I mentioned in my review post of Kai's face plate, it's great looking and offers more options for your dx12.

It's weird that bales exposed portion of his face can vary from scene to scene. I mean, it's him, the actor, wearing a mask that exposes his mouth....and yet he can look different every now and then.

That's why these mouth plates are a great feature for batman figures.

mrm or whatever its called its awfull,mms71 dark knight head is way better if you dont want rolling eyes,and whyre sculpt the cowl it fine except the cape in total figure its fine i dont get why a lot of ppl spent so much money to modify something really cool.god.

mrm or whatever its called its awfull,mms71 dark knight head is way better if you dont want rolling eyes,and whyre sculpt the cowl it fine except the cape in total figure its fine i dont get why a lot of ppl spent so much money to modify something really cool.god.

Because its there's and they choose 2?:dunno

looks great, but is the chin meant to stick out that far?

I'm not sure, but Kai studio intentionally did it like that. But the face plate can also be modify by triming it down. Even thought it not rubber like Robbie's. it's made of hard PVC plastic I think. Which can easly be trim with a xacto knife. But you might have to trim the upper face plate to get perfect fitment. From some dark knight reference photo? There are time where bale face stick out. So it all comes down to personal prefence. I have 2, I might modify one to show you guys. I personally like it how it is.

Mms71 sculpt was good back then, but I when I look back at it? It's way off. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure, but Kai studio intentionally did it like that. But the face plate can also be modify by triming it down. Even thought it not rubber like Robbie's. it's made of hard PVC plastic I think. Which can easly be trim with a xacto knife. But you might have to trim the upper face plate to get perfect fitment. From some dark knight reference photo? There are time where bale face stick out. So it all comes down to personal prefence. I have 2, I might modify one to show you guys. I personally like it how it is.

Looks great to me, I like it : ) where can I get one?

Hey redd, sorry I wasn't able to provide any pics, but seeing as how you received it...it is sick looking right?? Doesn't take anything away from Robbie's face plate, but like I mentioned in my review post of Kai's face plate, it's great looking and offers more options for your dx12.

It's weird that bales exposed portion of his face can vary from scene to scene. I mean, it's him, the actor, wearing a mask that exposes his mouth....and yet he can look different every now and then.

That's why these mouth plates are a great feature for batman figures.

Yup, I agreed. It good to have option for custom plate. For me Kai plate just give the figure a more serious and neutral look. As muh as like HT figure, the 1/4 enterbay batman likeness is amazing. Maybe because its in 1/4 scale. But well just have to see hen HT 1/4 scale release.

Back