HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Agreed! :goodpost:Please stop whining!The comments about inaccuracies are getting boring...:lecture

Even with all the whining, still an amazing out the box figure and the best Nolan Batman figure ever.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That could be misinterpreted.:lecture

Easily misinterpreted... for you.

tumblr_mfgl2c6g3L1r7s6oso1_250.gif

Yes, it is a cool story; because it's true.:lecture Feankly, I don't know how this thing beat out the likes of the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker for figure of the year in all of these polls. I can see that there are a lot of pros it has weighting towards it, but the cons are just so glaring; I don't think I could even enjoy the figure.

Gotta agree here. Keaton Bats is just all kinds of cool. The only mod somewhat required is a custom cape, the pers is perfect (argurably the best execution of this system by Hot Toys), and the sculpt is perfect. Even all the face plates are undeniably Keaton.

While the DX 12 is a good figure, there are far too many shortcomings to say it competes for figure of the year, let alone win it.

I said it when this was first released and I stand by it today, this figure is still just a marginal improvement over the DX 02. For this to be their 3rd attempt at this figure, it should have been on par with Keaton Bats and Reeve Supes.

We all know it fell far short of that.

Even with all the whining, still an amazing out the box figure and the best Nolan Batman figure ever.

An amazing out of the box figure, sure, but when you say the "best Nolan Batman figure ever," it could be taken as you saying that it is the best Nolan Batman figure ever, out of customs and everything; it's not.

Easily misinterpreted... for you.

tumblr_mfgl2c6g3L1r7s6oso1_250.gif

:lol

Of course he can. He already has. :lol

I do mean its the best Nolan Batman unmodded and out of the factory box though. It's yet to be topped until DX22.

Yes, for their third attempt, Hot Toys dropped the ball on the DX12. I still believe they shat out the DX12 ASAP, with all the licenses and upcoming figures on their to do list, which is why I think the DX12 has so many inaccuracies and inconsistencies with it; basically slapped a few new things and sculpt on it, then got it out as quick as possible. But I think if people are happy with their purchase, then so be it. From reading the posts made in this thread, for many of the Freaks, it seems the DX12 was their first Nolan Batman purchase. And I still stand by my call that if you're going to purchase any 1/6th scale figure of Nolan's Batman out thus far, the DX12 is the winner in the group. For myself, after switching out the mouthplates for Robbie's custom, I'm happy to say I'm quite pleased with the DX12.

As for figure of the year, I agree I don't believe that the DX12 is the figure of the year. I think there are a lot of other figures released last year that top the DX12.

Well I must admit that though it was a long painful wait for him, I am very pleased in the end. I haven't done any mods to him yet. I have been fortunate that I didn't have any defects with him besides the slight offset of the ab line on the armor.

I may do the forearm mod and possibly the glove mod, still on the fence. So far only change made has been removing stock cape and adding Iforigno's velvet custom cape. I love it, it's freaking awesome.

I agree that this is the best Nolan figure ever...

with all the mods.

Technically the same could be said for the Medicom version. Though IMO, I think the mods involved with Medicom's version seem far more extensive. And let's be honest, its clearly a battle between the DX12 and Medicom's version. No company has really released the "definitive" version of Nolan's TDK/TDKR Batman yet without mods being done on it. But the DX12 sure is the closest so far.

Yes, for their third attempt, Hot Toys dropped the ball on the DX12. I still believe they shat out the DX12 ASAP, with all the licenses and upcoming figures on their to do list, which is why I think the DX12 has so many inaccuracies and inconsistencies with it; basically slapped a few new things and sculpt on it, then got it out as quick as possible. But I think if people are happy with their purchase, then so be it. From reading the posts made in this thread, for many of the Freaks, it seems the DX12 was their first Nolan Batman purchase. And I still stand by my call that if you're going to purchase any 1/6th scale figure of Nolan's Batman out thus far, the DX12 is the winner in the group. For myself, after switching out the mouthplates for Robbie's custom, I'm happy to say I'm quite pleased with the DX12.

As for figure of the year, I agree I don't believe that the DX12 is the figure of the year. I think there are a lot of other figures released last year that top the DX12.

This is the case for me, and is also my first Hot Toys purchase up until Friday when I purchased the DX07, which will come before the DX12 :lol :gah: and from what ive seen as far as people posting pictures of this guy, I reckon I am going to be extremely satisfied with the out of box figure :)

Well I must admit that though it was a long painful wait for him, I am very pleased in the end. I haven't done any mods to him yet. I have been fortunate that I didn't have any defects with him besides the slight offset of the ab line on the armor.

I may do the forearm mod and possibly the glove mod, still on the fence. So far only change made has been removing stock cape and adding Iforigno's velvet custom cape. I love it, it's freaking awesome.
I feel the same. Even the problems like the big eyes don't look nearly as bad when you're holding it, especially when you let shadows cast over the face (IMO). I had a slight misalignment in my armor as well, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I'd do the mod to get more movement in the legs, but since I only have one, I'll probably wait until they release another version, then mod this one a bit. Can't wait for the rest of the gang to be released, he looks a bit lonely on my shelf right now! :)

The amount of Potential heads i can have for this is getting me really excited - standard hot toys, or the hot toys with Robbie's mouth, Kai's mouth, Steven Guintas mouth, then the MRM Medi cowl with hopefully all these mouths. I know Robbie's fits the medi cowl and it looks absolutely perfect. On top of that I'm thinking of getting a head play bale sculpt and modifying it into a mouthpiece. :yess: I need this figure now!!

The amount of Potential heads i can have for this is getting me really excited - standard hot toys, or the hot toys with Robbie's mouth, Kai's mouth, Steven Guintas mouth, then the MRM Medi cowl with hopefully all these mouths. I know Robbie's fits the medi cowl and it looks absolutely perfect. On top of that I'm thinking of getting a head play bale sculpt and modifying it into a mouthpiece. :yess: I need this figure now!!

Is there anyone who is selling a custom cowl for this?

Personally in hand I still cant see a problem with the stock cowl in terms of shape, I also think that in most cases the pics you see are actually bigger than the item in hand which I think probably make any mods even less noticeable in hand however if someone was selling a custom cowl (specifically with the eye mod) I could be tempted to check that out....

I'll also say I think it's a joke some of you are still waiting for this, I got mine way back in October, feel for you (especially you fellow UK collectors)

Is there anyone who is selling a custom cowl for this?

Personally in hand I still cant see a problem with the stock cowl in terms of shape, I also think that in most cases the pics you see are actually bigger than the item in hand which I think probably make any mods even less noticeable in hand however if someone was selling a custom cowl (specifically with the eye mod) I could be tempted to check that out....

MRM is making one based off the Medicom cowl. PM Alexi to see if there is still a spot open.

Just checked out the thread, thanks for the heads up

Back