HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

After having been a long time lurker around the edges of the 1/6 community, I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered DX11. Ledger's joker is one of the most brilliant performances I can remember so I thought it would be nice to have something to commemorate it.

I also decided that it would probably be good to have a Batman to go along with him (shortly after seeing the interrogation backdrop heh).

So I went down to a local place yesterday and they surprisingly had a DX12 in stock and I bought it; my very first 1/6 anything.

After laying out close to $300 (with tax) my expectations were pretty high and upon opening the very nice box, buyers remorse hit me like a knife in the belly. A cross-eyed fat a** with thighs like a 400 pound hooker looked up at me from the foam tray.

The feeling has subsided somewhat; naturally I got the cape and belt on and fiddled with some poses, but if this is the best that HT can do at this price point I may as well just stop here.

The figure is ok from 5 feet away at certain angles (side profile) and when I sent a picture of it to my girlfriend she said it looked like Batman was standing in my kitchen, but for that amount of money, I was hoping for wow amazing!

I guess it can be modded, but I don't want to do anything to this for fear of damaging any resale value, which as I understand, HT keep pretty well.

Yeah if you plan on reselling I don't recommend any mods. Mods are for those that plan on keeping it without worry of resale value. Honestly though even if you did mods you could probably sell it at the price you bought it for down the road. However this is one figure where I think certain mods are a must to bring out the full potential of this figure. It is your figure and you have to decide if you want a more accurate Batman or if your happy with the stock version enough to keep it the way it is and sell it later down the road.

And welcome to the addiction :wave

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

After having been a long time lurker around the edges of the 1/6 community, I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered DX11. Ledger's joker is one of the most brilliant performances I can remember so I thought it would be nice to have something to commemorate it.

I also decided that it would probably be good to have a Batman to go along with him (shortly after seeing the interrogation backdrop heh).

So I went down to a local place yesterday and they surprisingly had a DX12 in stock and I bought it; my very first 1/6 anything.

After laying out close to $300 (with tax) my expectations were pretty high and upon opening the very nice box, buyers remorse hit me like a knife in the belly. A cross-eyed fat a** with thighs like a 400 pound hooker looked up at me from the foam tray.
The feeling has subsided somewhat; naturally I got the cape and belt on and fiddled with some poses, but if this is the best that HT can do at this price point I may as well just stop here.

The figure is ok from 5 feet away at certain angles (side profile) and when I sent a picture of it to my girlfriend she said it looked like Batman was standing in my kitchen, but for that amount of money, I was hoping for wow amazing!

I guess it can be modded, but I don't want to do anything to this for fear of damaging any resale value, which as I understand, HT keep pretty well.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

What are you going to do about the crossed eyes?

image-1_zpsb1691c93.jpg

image-1_zps456335c7.jpg

This is what I got, tamiya epoxy putty -smooth surface.

This is what I did:
I took out the pers eye plate. I had to. There was no way I was gonna sculpt the eyelids on the plate within the cowl. I give mad props to those that did...IMO it would've been way harder had I sculpted it that way. Once the plate came out, i popped out the eyes, which is fairly easy.

my tools. toothpick. yes, I applied the putty with a toothpick, and sculpted with a toothpick. That was my tool.

I had used the Bruce sculpt, high res close up shots of said sculpt as reference during the procedure and replicated the shape as best as I could. You just need to be patient. Every once in a while i restored the eyes to make sure both eye lids are symmetrical. Dont fret when you feel the eyelids are looking droopy, sleepy or lazy. you have to remind yourself that the eyeplate has no brows, so the eyes are going to look weird. if you need to, reinsert the plate into the cowl just for a quick look at your progress. if you like where its going, keep at it. if not, adjust.

Also make sure you sculpt the bottom lids so it has that fold or crease. Some here gave him a full on squint. I chose to make it subtle. The main goal for me was to make his eyes a little smaller. At this point it's all comes down to preference.

The good thing about the putty is that it takes a whole day to fully harden. So you have ample time to sculpt, correct, adjust. I had NO experience what so ever, nor did I cut, sand anything. That putty was damned good.

Hope this helped.

Looks good. Thanks for the tips. I may try this if I ever get a hold of one.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

What are you going to do about the crossed eyes?

Have this guy lit from above and looking down probably :mad:

Maybe if I play with the PERS more it will look better, but I sort of doubt it.

F that! Dude, I'd take it back. Although, you should know that PERS does have a tendency to to appear slightly misaligned at times so should just move the joystick around to reset it. I'd do that before taking it back. How bad is it?

Sorry your first foray in 1/6 wasn't a good one. Maybe you'll like the Joker better.

Have this guy lit from above and looking down probably :mad:

Maybe if I play with the PERS more it will look better, but I sort of doubt it.

you should move the pers arround a couple of times, maybe he just need a reset.
if not, you should try to change yor figure.
give us some pictures to see how bad it is.

Mine came yesterday night. Man, what a great out the box figure. My eyes were fine and even the stock cape is a huge improvement over the Toy Fair Batman cape. I am loving this figure. I can't wait for Joker 2.0 and Bane.

I do plan on modding though. I did the glove mod last night and have a Robbie faceplate and a Lforigno cape on the way. I'm going to go for a squinted eye mod too but I'm terrified.

Habi Toys,,,NEXT REVIEWS

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnFxlcC8os[/ame]

im perfectly fine with my mms batman..i love this but i have too many to buy

Is there anyone else stateside that has a pre-order in for this guy that has not yet been filled or am I the only one??

i think its been out for awhile now.. im pretty sure.. ive seen it in my local stores as well

i think its been out for awhile now.. im pretty sure.. ive seen it in my local stores as well

I pre-ordered mine through Goblin's Cavern in Troy, NJ. Apparently he still hasn't got his shipment in yet. Just wondering if anyone else is in this situation or if possibly he's not getting a shipment.

I know, but I don't want to buy two, if my preorder will be filled.

That happened to me! I got impatient waiting on BBTS's shipment and after correspondence dropped off I caved and ordered one off sideshow. Then I got so busy over the holidays I forgot to cancel the 2nd order after the 1st arrived. Now I have 2 DX12's and no idea what to do with the 2nd one!
:slap

i feel like sideshow is incredbly slow.. i ordered from other sites and got it fast and even my new dx joker says 1/23/13 on side show its march

Back