HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I´m following through 1260 pages and still don´t understand how some people can complain about it.

Even worse, how someone could mod this perfect figure?

This thing is a piece of art... Sometimes I afraid to look it for too much time and somehow break it...

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Took a few more pics

dxbat8_zpsf296f81d.jpg

how did you get this pose???? fought with mine for hours...

I´m following through 1260 pages and still don´t understand how some people can complain about it.

This thing is a piece of art... Sometimes I afraid to look it for too much time and somehow break it...

I modded to make it more perfect in my eyes.

For those who has DX02, try swapping the PERS head onto the DX12 neck and exchange the cape as well. Now, that is Christian Bale as Batman captured in 1/6 scale! :yess:

If anything needs a tutorial video, it is how to put on the damn cape.:wave

When I get my second DX12 I plan to do a video on that and a few other things. :)

For those who has DX02, try swapping the PERS head onto the DX12 neck and exchange the cape as well. Now, that is Christian Bale as Batman captured in 1/6 scale! :yess:

Apart from the inaccurate cowl and googly eyes :monkey1:rotfl

This is probably my most, biggest turnaround in how I felt about a figure. Initially, I wanted to cancel my order cause I wanted to do a Medix.
Since my dx02 was futzed and displayed well in the shelf, when I first received this figure, I was drawn to its flaws.
It was probably my biggest disappointment opening a Hot Toys.
I didnt care for any of the faceplates, So that was already a big downer since that's the head is the focal point.
The other thing was the legs, mainly the small ankles enhancing the thunder thights. I cant stand the boots.

Thankfully, the mods dramatically changes most of the problems. The biggest thing is...and I cant stress enough, Robbie's faceplate.
If you have a dx12...HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend his faceplate. It dramatically changes the cowl. That combined with painting the eyes, the difference is night and day. I also prefer the skin tone on Robbie's faceplate, its lighter flesh color gives a cowl and faceplate a better constrast like in the movie, and it also already sinks in which looks more natural. This is a mandatory mod in my opinion.

The other mod that I did that fixes another big issue is switching the boots to Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Boots. I sprayed it with gloss since it was a little matted for my taste. The boots were a little loose so I stuck a very small foam at the calves to tighten the boots a bit so it'll hug the legs better, it fixed the 2nd biggest gripe on the figure. I tried doing the mods of putting electrical tape at the ankle, but no matter how I tried, it just looks weird to me. I dont know if its just me, but it looks like a fat woman's legs with no ankles. unmodded, the ankles looks too skinny.
The Boots switch...for me is a drastic change cause it looks more natural. It also seem to give him a slight height adjustment, he looks like .5" taller and it makes the legs proportinate that the thighs doesnt bother me anymore.

The other mods that I've done is putting electrical tape in the neck shoulder area so now the neck looks more natural.
Heated and reshaped the shoulder plates and stuck them in the freezer. :lol
I cut the gloves and did the gauntlet mod.
I also used the batarang from my 1/4 EB batman. I just prefer it better than the smaller 1/6 version.
Lastly, I know HT supplied a surprisingly nice cape, but still, it falls short to a Lforigno cape. I like the deep dark of the velvet cape.
I also, slightly covered the LED lights in the detolf with some blue filter that gives a blue hue to the shelf, gives it the moody look.
Now, I'm sooo impressed and happy with this figure. :yess:

bat_12-26---1A.jpg

bat_12-26---2A.jpg

bat_12-26---3A.jpg

bat_12-26---4A.jpg

Last edited:

IMG_4958.jpg

Also, see pics in the post above.

i bought a cape because i was too lazy to fight with the one provided (and i wanted the velvet).

otherwise, it's a stunning figure and i won't be changing anything. it's no derpier than christian bale is himself (how's that for spot-on?) and the pers isn't look distractingly googly to me.

i had zero qc issues with this and have zero complaints.

and sure, some of the mods look nice, but i love the dx12 right out of the box!

: D

You know something ive noticed with the eye mod, its unneccessary unles you plan on taking close up photos. From a distance, the stock figure is great....

This is probably my most, biggest turnaround in how I felt about a figure. Initially, I wanted to cancel my order cause I wanted to do a Medix.
Since my dx02 was futzed and displayed well in the shelf, when I first received this figure, I was drawn to its flaws.
I didnt care for any of the faceplates, So that was already a big downer since that's the head is the focal point.
The other thing was the legs, mainly the small ankles enhancing the thunder thights. I cant stand the boots.

Thankfully, the mods dramatically changes most of the problems. The biggest thing is...and I cant stress enough, Robbie's faceplate.
If you have a dx12...HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend his faceplate. It dramatically changes the cowl. That combined with painting the eyes, the difference is night and day. I also prefer the skin tone on Robbie's faceplate, its lighter flesh color gives a cowl and faceplate a better constrast like in the movie, and it also already sinks in which looks more natural. This is a mandatory mod in my opinion.

The other mod that I did that fixes another big issue is switching the boots to Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Boots. I sprayed it with gloss since it was a little matted for my taste. The boots were a little loose so I stuck a very small foam at the calves to tighten the boots a bit so it'll hug the legs better, it fixed the 2nd biggest gripe on the figure. I tried doing the mods of putting electrical tape at the ankle, but no matter how I tried, it just looks weird to me. I dont know if its just me, but it looks like a fat woman's legs with no ankles. unmodded, the ankles looks too skinny.
The Boots switch...for me is a drastic change cause it looks more natural. It also seem to give him a slight height adjustment, he looks like .5" taller and it makes the legs proportinate that the thighs doesnt bother me anymore.

The other mods that I've done is putting electrical tape in the neck shoulder area so now the neck looks more natural.
I also used the batarang from my 1/4 EB batman. I just prefer it better than the smaller 1/6 version.
Lastly, I know HT supplied a surprisingly nice cape, but still, it falls short to a Lforigno cape. I like the deep dark of the velvet cape.
I also, slightly covered the LED lights in the detolf with some blue filter that gives a blue hue to the shelf, gives it the moody look.

bat_12-26---1A.jpg

bat_12-26---2A.jpg

bat_12-26---3A.jpg

bat_12-26---4A.jpg

Ive ordered robbies faceplate, have a velvet velvet cape waiting and im going to change the boots over from my Batsuit Begins batman like you have. Doing all the mods youve done as well, even more excited now ive seen what mine is going to look like!:hi5: also have you painted the eyelids?

yeah, I didnt remove the PERS.
I think its only advisable to remove the PERS if you're planning on sculpting the eyelids to shape it like he is squinting.

What I did was have him look all the way up then paint the eyelids and have a wet Q-tip handy in case I screw up to quickly wipe the accidental paint in the white areas of the eye.
Also, by having him look up, even if you screw up, it wont be noticeable when you roll his eyes back down again as the white portion of the eye will now be at the bottom of the eyelids when you have him look straight again.

I think its only advisable to remove the PERS if you're planning on sculpting the eyelids to shape it like he is squinting.

What I did was have him look all the way up then paint the eyelids and have a wet Q-tip handy in case I screw up to quickly wipe the accidental paint in the white areas of the eye.
Also, by having him look up, even if you screw up, it wont be noticeable when you roll his eyes back down again as the white portion of the eye will now be at the bottom of the eyelids when you have him look straight again.

:goodpost: Now that is smart thinking right there. :clap

bat_12-26---1A.jpg

bat_12-26---2A.jpg

bat_12-26---3A.jpg

bat_12-26---4A.jpg

Can I get a link/info on this Robbie Custom Faceplate?????

Thanks

Exactly what I have planned. Did you use a regular acrylic or would you recommend layering up acrylic wash?

Back