HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Seriously don't know who is voting on that poll but strongly disagree! For Likeness, Detail, Accessories, Display Bases, Value for Money, Luke Skywalker wins hands down as their best figure of 2012. I can't believe it has so few votes!

I can only assume that the Blu Ray release of TDKR has once again drawn attention to the film resulting in the high numbers of votes for this figure.

Yeah, technically and in terms of likeness, I understand what you say, but among all the great figures of the year, I don't think it would even come to my mind to vote Luke. The likeness is great, so is the costume, but I think it was a poor choice of costume from HT.

Yes, it's the best movie from the lot, and yes, it's one of the most memorable scene, but the outfit is just too much like a regular military figure from any army and conflict. A Tatooine/Hoth/Jedi master outfit would have given. Much more impact to that figure, here, it's just meh...

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Funny I actually think the suit choice was a great one, but take issue with the sculpt of Luke.

Oh, I'm not saying it's bad or whatever, I 'm just saying the uniform is so common it's the kind of thing you can almost kit bash and get something close to the original. Something maybe too easy to approximate so that I don't want to spend that much to get it. Now, as for the likeness, I get your point for the BD hs, but the reg is pure awesome!

If they were going to release the neck that long and the shoulder pads so big then I think they should have made the head a bit bigger :lecture

Agreed. But it's workable. A larger face plate makes a difference too.

So here's my batman I got last week from BBTS.

No QC issues, love the stock cape (surprisingly), i won't be making any mods, I think this figure is perfect.

IMG_1040_zps3d761fb4.jpg

IMG_1041_zps8cc5b246.jpg

quick question, if I was to unfold and lay out the magnetic belt, do you guys think it will crack over time?

I am so damn close to buying this figure but the DX02 deterioration photos, along with the countless rubber-based issues on other figures, stops me. I would really hate to find after a year that the rubber armor on my $250 figure is cracking or melting. This should not be a concern in 2012.

Man, this photo made me a believer of the smirking sculpt! Great job on the mods! :clap

That looks amazing Gipetto.
The mod to the eyes and faceplate makes makes it night and day.
Really makes it looks like Bale in that cowl now.
That almost looks like a pic of the real Deal.
Great job bud. :clap
Gipetto, the eye MOD is dope. I wish I had enough balls to do it.

Gippeto's mod really brings out the bale likeness on the sculpt :clap

Good job friend.

That's the most bale-like I've seen the sculpt looking, amazing job Gipetto!

Man I wish I had the skills to do the squint mod instead of just paint. That's spot on Bale. Great work man! :clap

Looks great Gipetto. Very jealous.

Amazing Bale likeness, well done man.:hi5:
Thanks a bunch fellas! :1-1: When I get time, I'll try to take a pic with each mouthpiece in the cowl

Btw Gipetto, can you take another pic with him looking slightly up?
Will do when i get a second. been very busy! Now that I'm home for good, I've been unpacking all my extra stuff from my dorm. Just snapped those the other day when I had a moment
Looks great Gipetto. What did you use to sculpt the eyelids? How long does it take to harden?

I used Milliput 2part epoxy putty Standard yellow-grey mix. hardens overnight and is rock solid. you can sand it afterwards if you need to smooth things out. really good for sculpting onto something that you don't want to potentially ruin by baking
31I20E4TFPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The eye mod looks great - but look at the final pic of the full figure: how small is the head??? He looks ridiculous.
And the medi looks too big and not the correction shape in all the pics I've seen :dunno all in the eye of the beholder I think
Head does looks small there.

Shortening the neck and tightening up those shoulder plates would make a big difference though.

I don't see a need to do those mods. Neck length and size of the pads don't bother me. Doesn't look too long/too big. Head size looks fine to me too. I never modded the DX02 neck and won't do it here either. Only mod I might consider doing is to make the shoulder plates in 2 pieces like Plasmid did but sculpt the rest of the lower plate so no matter how I pose it, there won't be a "whole" under the top plate

So here's my batman I got last week from BBTS.

No QC issues, love the stock cape (surprisingly), i won't be making any mods, I think this figure is perfect.

IMG_1040_zps3d761fb4.jpg

IMG_1041_zps8cc5b246.jpg

very nice and clean display!

quick question, if I was to unfold and lay out the magnetic belt, do you guys think it will crack over time?

No. ..

Does anyone have any pics of the base lit up?

I am so damn close to buying this figure but the DX02 deterioration photos, along with the countless rubber-based issues on other figures, stops me. I would really hate to find after a year that the rubber armor on my $250 figure is cracking or melting. This should not be a concern in 2012.

I don't think it will be an issue with this release. It is not like the other HT Bats where most of the suit is rubber. This has a body suit with the rubber armor attached. It makes for a much more durable suit and more realistic looking as well.

Yep once you get the figure you can feel how well the armor and suit is put together very well and feels very durable...I dont mess with my figure's too much but dont forsee any problems later on.

that's exactly how I feel! especially when I started customizing figures. It only made them more of mine and like no one else's

Agreed! out of the box, fan-freaking-tastic! Originally I didn't want to do any mods, just wanted to keep it stock, but like you say, there were things I was nitpicky about like the gloves/guantlets for instance. None of the mods are necessary IMO, but it is fun to do :)

I wasn't looking forward to it to be honest :lol Usually when I get a HT figure I like to leave it stock. Not for resale value or anything but for some reason, generally, I like them stock even if modding them amkes the more accurate. but for this, like I said above, I was being nitpicky and just had to rework things about it.

and with that said...

was playing around with my camera and think I got some decent shots minus the full body shot. Here, I've sculpted new eyelids for the squint and sanded down the back of the mouth pieces so they fit deeper into the mouth. felt they stuck too far out before. Aldo I modded the chest, gloves and gauntlets. Personally, I don't the think the smirk mouth looks so bad or rather happy here now that it actually fits into the cowl properly. i think the squint helps it a bit too.

SAM_3130_zps39dbd562-1_zps0e87ad5a.jpg

SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a1.jpg

SAM_3132_zps9271fbad-1_zpsbbf6e3ab.jpg

Dude, that looks damn near perfect. Great job. I need to buy a second head so I can do the eyelid sculpting.

The cod piece on mine sticks out a little too far. It makes getting the front of the belt in the proper area below the waist a real pain in the ass.

The cod piece on mine sticks out a little too far. It makes getting the front of the belt in the proper area below the waist a real pain in the ass.

Can you peel and re-glue? I did that because the cod piece on mine was the same (and a bit crooked to boot). If that doesn't work, sanding down the the cod piece would most likely fix it.

I was going to try to peel it off actually (I have glue for fabric for these things) but it's on there pretty good. When I got to pull, feels like the suit is coming with it.

It's not misaligned or crooked, it's just, I don't know, it's hard for the front buckle to go over the top of the cod piece before it slides up. This happens even if the back of the belt is up high in the back. I futz it and it's fine, then I go back and look and see it's slid back up.

Oh, man. Wait til he sees Selina. :monkey4

Just messin' :peace

I was going to try to peel it off actually (I have glue for fabric for these things) but it's on there pretty good. When I got to pull, feels like the suit is coming with it.

It's not misaligned or crooked, it's just, I don't know, it's hard for the front buckle to go over the top of the cod piece before it slides up. This happens even if the back of the belt is up high in the back. I futz it and it's fine, then I go back and look and see it's slid back up.

I think mine is the same. It doesn't look like its coming off, just like it sticks out a bit so that the belt doesn't quite go over it.

Yeah it's glued on pretty firmly. I was just very careful about pulling it away from the suit as I used something (a flat head screwdriver) to pry the glued section from the suit.

If you do decide to do that, please be careful. I'd feel terrible if the suit is damaged.

If it's just the topmost tip of the cod piece that sticks out, I think you should be able to place a spot of glue in the crack between the fabric and the cod piece and it should make the cod piece adhere to the suit a bit flatter.

Last edited:

Just tried Gipetto's sanding trick for the neutral faceplate. Worlds of difference. May sand it down a little more so the top of it sits a little farther back, but it's almost stupid how such a little trick can change the way something looks.

IMG_20121218_201101_028.jpg

IMG_20121218_201131_793.jpg

great pictures, cr0w!

Still really digging this one myself....

TDKR-03.jpg

Back