HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

All these dioramas are rad.

Personally, if I had the talent and time Id want to expand on the courthouse steps like on the Dx12 display stand, and make it into a larger diorama.

Maybe once Bane arrives. :)

Agreed. Which is why I think it's pretty cool HT put the steps on the stand.

That's when Bats comes to his own

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You know plenty. It's a great figure.

I am thinking about getting this figure but it seems that everyone has been modding theirs, I have no real experience with that so, is it a figure worth having and displaying as is?

Don't let the fact people are modding this discourage you. The changes are minor and most people would probably miss them unless its pointed out. If you have the money and are thinking about, don't hesitate. Buy buy buy!!! :panic:

If I have to modd a figure as soon as I get it to have it look the way I want it, I'd rather not get it at all.

I must not know a damn thing about 1/6th, because I'm so damn impressed with this figure. A total home run from HT. :lecture

I'll be doing no mods at this point.

I'll be opening mine on Christmas. Looking forward to it.

If I have to modd a figure as soon as I get it to have it look the way I want it, I'd rather not get it at all.

Doesn't bother me at all. Any mods I do at all merely make the figure more mine.

Doesn't bother me at all. Any mods I do at all merely make the figure more mine.

Agreed. Seriously, when I got this figure, I was impressed to hell and back. I love it. These mods are really just nitpicking and aren't all that necessary. It's just that some of us are real perfectionists or...dare I say, OCD with our collectibles. All I did were the shoulder plates and mouth plates..everything else is stock.

Seriously don't let a few modders affect your purchasing decision. It's a fantastic figure and I'm sure you will love it just as much as i do as well as others.

Couple of decent pics I took of my DX 12:

image-6_zps5014920c.jpg

image-6_zps826d8d7d.jpg

I love it. Nicely done. Is that the medi cape?

I guess Im different. Im looking forward to modding it. I actually like doing that. :dunno

I guess Im different. Im looking forward to modding it. I actually like doing that. :dunno

I really enjoyed modding this figure. I didn't do the extreme mods but did enough to make it look how I wanted. It's a good feeling looking at my Batman and seeing that I made it better thanks to some help from some awesome guys on this forum.

I must not know a damn thing about 1/6th, because I'm so damn impressed with this figure. A total home run from HT. :lecture

I'll be doing no mods at this point.
Only mods I'm doing is the lforigno cape, and adding the neutral mouth from robbiethepainter. Otherwise I think it is great. The PERS isn't perfect, but I'm not so put off with it that I feel compelled to paint the eyes or whatever.

I really enjoyed modding this figure. I didn't do the extreme mods but did enough to make it look how I wanted. It's a good feeling looking at my Batman and seeing that I made it better thanks to some help from some awesome guys on this forum.

See, that's my thoughts as well. I know its extremely hard to get a massed produced toy to be 100% accurate, so I dont mind doing what I can to make it as close as I can to feeling like its accurate to me. Its a labor of love. :lol

that's exactly how I feel! especially when I started customizing figures. It only made them more of mine and like no one else's
Agreed. Seriously, when I got this figure, I was impressed to hell and back. I love it. These mods are really just nitpicking and aren't all that necessary. It's just that some of us are real perfectionists or...dare I say, OCD with our collectibles. All I did were the shoulder plates and mouth plates..everything else is stock.

Seriously don't let a few modders affect your purchasing decision. It's a fantastic figure and I'm sure you will love it just as much as i do as well as others.

Agreed! out of the box, fan-freaking-tastic! Originally I didn't want to do any mods, just wanted to keep it stock, but like you say, there were things I was nitpicky about like the gloves/guantlets for instance. None of the mods are necessary IMO, but it is fun to do :)

I wasn't looking forward to it to be honest :lol Usually when I get a HT figure I like to leave it stock. Not for resale value or anything but for some reason, generally, I like them stock even if modding them amkes the more accurate. but for this, like I said above, I was being nitpicky and just had to rework things about it.

and with that said...

was playing around with my camera and think I got some decent shots minus the full body shot. Here, I've sculpted new eyelids for the squint and sanded down the back of the mouth pieces so they fit deeper into the mouth. felt they stuck too far out before. Aldo I modded the chest, gloves and gauntlets. Personally, I don't the think the smirk mouth looks so bad or rather happy here now that it actually fits into the cowl properly. i think the squint helps it a bit too.

SAM_3130_zps39dbd562-1_zps0e87ad5a.jpg

SAM_3131_zpse71b1265-1_zps0ed0f4a1.jpg

SAM_3132_zps9271fbad-1_zpsbbf6e3ab.jpg

I was just reading on hot toys fb and voting poll looks like this batman dx and 89 joker with iron monger are winning for figure's of the year for 2012 congrats bats!

That looks amazing Gipetto.
The mod to the eyes and faceplate makes makes it night and day.
Really makes it looks like Bale in that cowl now.
That almost looks like a pic of the real Deal.
Great job bud. :clap

Back