HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You are correct.

It's amazing again that a simple switch of the mouthplates makes all the difference. Is this a custom cast if the Bale sculpt that came with the DX12 or something entirely new you made?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

My hot toys cherry will be popped this Friday or Saturday :)
As I said before this is my first hot toys,
Need some help
What kind of body should I get for to Bruce Wayne head? and outfit.

I can't wait and thank you everyone

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if there is a way of removing the light scratches which appear on the black plastic? I have just got a DX12 and the shoulder armour and chest plates have some black 'scratches'. They are not deep just surface scratches which make the plastic look a bit shiny instead of matt. Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the scratches, mine just arrived 2 days ago ,i'll have to inspect it closer, took one shot just out of the box with more to come later, I Love the magnetic head on this it will make for much easier Nods and head shot poses !

@vorhees, what length cape is that on your dx12 medium or long?

Honestly I have no idea. When I ordered from Lance this is the one I got. I didn't even know there were 2 different sizes. If I were to guess, this has to be the long version.

If you change your mind, they can be futzed to be under the chest armor in about 15 seconds without modification. ;)

Wow, looks really good.

What body is it on?

I used a narrow TT for the body. Fits decent but the jacket looked just ok. So I took it off. As for the mod, i'll check out your tutorial video and go from there. Thanks!

If anyone is interested I'm selling mine-

$250 shipped in the lower 40. The box did have some minor damage.

The Dark Knight w/modded neck- to lower it.

batman110512001.jpg

Thanks.

I've been through 5 figures and 2 or 3 had those similar scratches. But all 5 had some tiny flaw. If anyone has a way to fix to other than the obvious paint let me know. Just come to expect some sort of QC issue with HT.

Honestly I have no idea. When I ordered from Lance this is the one I got. I didn't even know there were 2 different sizes. If I were to guess, this has to be the long version.

There are actually three lengths that he offers. Most notable are the long and the short, but there is a medium length option. I have the medium. Yours does look longer than mine, so I'd guess you are correct in that you do have the long.

Got my figure yesterday. It looks and feels very well done. Even the stock cape is much better than their previous attempts. I'm very glad to own this figure; it's just such an amazing toy.
I can understand people's drive to customize this, though, and I've seen some beautiful mods in this forum. Congratulations!
Mods or no mods, we're lucky to have toys as nice as this.
Cheers!

I've been through 5 figures and 2 or 3 had those similar scratches. But all 5 had some tiny flaw. If anyone has a way to fix to other than the obvious paint let me know. Just come to expect some sort of QC issue with HT.

On some plastics, tooth pasta is a great way to remove scratches. Then you shine it with a soft cloth. I think it should work here!

Any suggestions between the long and the short rayon capes...is the short the hero template?

So it really does work light that! Thanks.
it does indeed :hi5:
Thanks for the info. I am wondering it myself since I haven't yet found actual pics with the EMP gun lit all the way just like in the pic.

If anyone can post pic of actual DX12 with the EMP gun on that will be great. Thanks :)

It doesn't photograph well which is why I haven't posted any pics. the two pics I quote below are nice pics but the gun doesn't look all that bright. Mine is definitely brighter than what's shown in these pics below

This one is close:

TDKR2.jpg

Mine is only the top light. I got 2 DX12 and both are same.
that sucks to hear. mine lights up pretty bright
Beautiful...isn't it???? :wink1:

ActionFigures061.jpg

Limited Edition # 1092 of 35,000
you're lucky to have gotten that awesome case. I went to 4 different stores and didn't find that :(

Need some help

It can go either way, it's hard to predict with HT figures. I was able to get a Keaton Batman, HT Reeve Superman, and DX Jack Sparrow a month ago at original retail prices, and all of those figures are a year old and based on massively popular characters. Not only that, but they all have great word-of-mouth. The reception for this figure has not been as enthusiastic.

Who knows.
Regardless of the criticisms being levied at this figure, if you look at the licenses, assuming Batman in this suit isn't released again (a big IF), I would put heavy money down on DX 12 being a more popular
figure than those others you mention in the long run. As great as those other figures are, the HT collecting fan-base are just gonna be way more into Nolan Batman than Keaton Bats, Reeve Supes, or Sparrow. And that is gonna translate into sales, despite a figure's flaws. Look what happened with the previous releases of this character in this suit.

Now, I don't know how many of these were produced vis-a-vis those others. . .

Need some help

I think it's a narrow shoulder tt that people use over in the Bruce Wayne Kitbash thread, check it out

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40789

Back