HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeh the neutral face is just too derpy... makes the overall cowl look that much worse. I have to go back to Mag's angry face photos to unsee the derpyness.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Even though it's far from perfect, I find the DX12 head looks much better than the Medi one.
I don't understand why so many here convinced themselves the Medi head was any good in the first place.

Making the eye hole smaller on this is going to be a pretty major job. The paint detail is pretty intricate compared to the DX02, so unless one was going to paint the hole eye-socket area black, it would be tricky to get it to look natural.

Here are my thoughts on PERS: Poseability is nice, but they tend to look weird because they are deep-set. From certain angles all of them look off (yes including Keaton), but it's amplified with the Bale cowl because of the extremely furrowed brow.

I actually think the size of the eyes is a much smaller issue.

Yes, I agree, except I don't think the size of the eyes is a small issue, I think it IS the issue? You can get them pretty straight looking in certain angles, but even then they look goofy. I just wish I could figure out how to get out the "eye plate" the part glued inside the mask with the pers inside.

Yeh the neutral face is just too derpy... makes the overall cowl look that much worse. I have to go back to Mag's angry face photos to unsee the derpyness.

:lol :exactly: I'm working up the nerve to start sanding DX02 face plates...

I just wish I could figure out how to get out the "eye plate" the part glued inside the mask with the pers inside.

Not sure what you mean. In the process of "fixing" my PERS, one of the eyes came out. I don't think anything is glued.

Yes, I agree, except I don't think the size of the eyes is a small issue, I think it IS the issue? You can get them pretty straight looking in certain angles, but even then they look goofy.

The size of the eyes can't have anything to do with them looking 'not straight'. It's an illusion caused by the combination of deep set eyes and a furrowed brow that sticks way out between the eyes. Those two things cast shadow on the whites of the eyes at the midline creating the illusion of crossed eyes. And actually - bowing the head amplifies the problem as it casts even more shadow.

I received my DX 12 not too long ago and have a few issues.

First I remember reading some of you saying that the gap between the ab armor and chest armor can be adjusted, and I'm wondering how? The only way I can adjust it is by making him do a crunch. However when I go to pose it's obvious to me and it ends up looking like he's leaning forwards.

My first question is basically is there anyway to adjust that gap without crunching his abs?

Secondly mine has a couple of issues. The rib armor segments have been put on asymmetrically. Essentially all the armor segments on his right side have been glued on too close to the ab armor. This is most noticeable on the lowest one. I'm wondering if I can work up the nerve to work them loose and re-glue them in their proper position.

Lastly the bicep armor on his left arm has been put on a little too low. This is the least bothersome of his issues, but it's so low that the shoulder bell armor barely overlaps it.

Any help, or insight into adjusting that gap, and thoughts on moving the rib armor would be much appreciated!

An image.
127_51599_e6b8d63b00105d7.jpg

I received my DX 12 not too long ago and have a few issues.

First I remember reading some of you saying that the gap between the ab armor and chest armor can be adjusted, and I'm wondering how? The only way I can adjust it is by making him do a crunch. However when I go to pose it's obvious to me and it ends up looking like he's leaning forwards.

My first question is basically is there anyway to adjust that gap without crunching his abs?

Secondly mine has a couple of issues. The rib armor segments have been put on asymmetrically. Essentially all the armor segments on his right side have been glued on too close to the ab armor. This is most noticeable on the lowest one. I'm wondering if I can work up the nerve to work them loose and re-glue them in their proper position.

Lastly the bicep armor on his left arm has been put on a little too low. This is the least bothersome of his issues, but it's so low that the shoulder bell armor barely overlaps it.

Any help, or insight into adjusting that gap, and thoughts on moving the rib armor would be much appreciated!

I can't comment on your other issues, but I can comment on the part in bold.

Yes, you can adjust the gap between the ab armor and chest armor without doing a crunch. It just takes futzing. You literally push the abs up and the chest down. I don't mean bend the torso joints, I mean actually slide the ab armor up. The suit is more "futzable" than most think.

An image.
127_51599_e6b8d63b00105d7.jpg

The bottom center and bottom right pics really show how great this sculpt is.

Maglor, you should definitely consider modding the dx02 faceplates...especially the talking and neutral ones. UPDATE: I modded the neutral face and once again, yulli nailed it then. Granted you still have to make the upper back portions on both sit in more to lessen the beak effect and smirk, respectively. But without a doubt, they look great and IMO improves the dx12.

I will provide pics soon, I don't have a digi cam, just an iPad, so it's gonna take me a couple steps to take pics of it, upload to my laptop, upload to photobucket, then finally here.

Anyway, I'm glad I took the step and sanded the dx02 mouth plates. I was afraid I was gonna mess up and ruin them, but the sanding process, while a bit annoying, was worth the effort.

Like I mentioned before, I think for the dx12 neutral mouth, to lessen the smirk effect, I think you just need to make the top half sit in more...but in the end, kojun was trying to sculpt his neutral face from those promo shots, but ended up going a bit too far and thus, left us with a smirking batman.

I was at Frank & Sons today and got to play with the DX12.. I was not impressed... the abs looked very toyish to me. I am 100% sure The Wayne Sculpt was cross eyed.
Made up my mind to pass on this guy and get the DX02 head for my MMS figure. (if anyone is selling one please PM me ASAP)

Even though it's far from perfect, I find the DX12 head looks much better than the Medi one.
I don't understand why so many here convinced themselves the Medi head was any good in the first place.

Couldn't agree more mate
I think dx12 its the best so far..its not 100% accurate but good representation of batman dark knight trilogy

Gonna have to agree with some of the others. The Medicom head looks bad on the DX12's body. Looks out of proportion imo

Yep agreed, i always thought the skin tone was off as well far too pale. Its amazing from the pictures the difference it makes from sanding down the mouthpieces. I still cant wait for mine (as long as box isnt obliterated)

Isn't that Enterbay's Batman Begins 1/4 scale sculpt?

I meant, the DX12's Bruce Wayne head sculpt has a shrunken and fat nose (compared to the proto and compared to Bale itself :monkey3 ).. still far superior than to the 1/4 EB Bruce Wayne ???? :dunno

Hoping to have mine in time for xmas as OSB said theirs will be shipping from China soon :yess: not gonna change much on the figure as i think it looks great, but i will be getting a Batman hs without pers, hopefully the one Creg is doing. I love the idea of pers, but it's never been executed to a point where it looks as good as painted eyes imo. Got my custom cape as well, thinking about putting some wires in it for some flowing poses and when i have him stood over the Bat-pod.

Have you seen/own a properly modded Medi head? It's the best representation of the cowl currently available. I'll reserve judgement on the DX12 until I get it in a couple of weeks, but from the photos so far it doesn't look anywhere near being better. A real shame, as I really like the new Kevlar plates on the torso, and with a decent head I could forgive the gauntlets and the cheap lookin plates on the legs.

On the size issue, I just compared my widened Medi head to my other Hot Toys figures and it seems perfectly in scale. Is the DX12 body and head undersized??? Frustrating having to wait before I can start tinkering with this!

Last edited:
Back