HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I love the apologists who state it looks good.... as long as you look at if from x angle with the head lowered etc... lol.. Another example of HT BS production. This could have been such a on the bullesyse fig too!
This is happening WAY too frequent. The mispaints on the Samurai Pred, now this GIANT eyeball bats??

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think with the right angles and proper posing, no flash and not super HD pics..this figure is going to look close to par with the 89 Batman figure but, will not surpass it as a favorite for me.

I hope your right, Valfar...Because I really do love most of the pics Ive seen of him, and I want to really like this figure once it's in-hand...As long as Im happier with everything from the neck up than I am on the DX02, it will all be good...If not, it will be my first return since I started collecting...:pray:

Matt

(...)
I think you may be right. I will likely be painting the eyelids...
(...)

Thanks man, would really like to see that! :yess: Can you PM me if you do so please? - I'll have to wait until January to see if I'll do this... :impatient:

I love the apologists who state it looks good.... as long as you look at if from x angle with the head lowered etc... lol.. Another example of HT BS production. This could have been such a on the bullesyse fig too!
This is happening WAY too frequent. The mispaints on the Samurai Pred, now this GIANT eyeball bats??

Beats the hell out of my V1 i sold and never did own a DX02 but, if i had then sold it and bought this, i would've still banked money after this purchase with the sale of my DX02, had i bought one.

I'm going to enjoy this figure especially because i haven't bought any new Hot Toys in months now, not interested in much of the Avengers stuff other then Loki, Thor and Cap...might bite on the Samurai Pred later on though.

I will say though, yea the eyelids could have been more squint on the figure but, again i have to wait til i have it in hand to pass judgement.

Last edited:

Just spike to a sideshow rep and my order heading out the door and in to the delivery truck. :yess:

To each his own for sure, its just unexplainable to do the same fig for the 3rd time, and get the eyes so bad. Its nothing compared to the leaky DX02 fiasco, but for the amount this is going for, collectors should have basically have gotten an offnscreen twin in 1/6. I guess if you can tweak it with some paint apps, it might be better.

Beats the hell out of my V1 i sold and never did own a DX02 but, if i had then sold it and bought this, i would've still banked money after this purchase with the sale of my DX02, had i bought one.

I'm going to enjoy this figure especially because i haven't bought any new Hot Toys in months now, not interested in much of the Avengers stuff other then Loki, Thor and Cap...might bite on the Samurai Pred later on though.

I will say though, yea the eyelids could have been more squint on the figure but, again i have to wait til i have it in hand to pass judgement.

A quick pic to show the size of the eyes of DX12 compared to 89 Bats. Big googly eyes on DX12....the large painted pupils on it also contribute to the googly appearance. The shape of the 89 eyes are more accurate to Keaton as well. Sorry, didnt have time to match the PERS position between the two. :gah: :wink1: Besides, they're both misaligned to varying degrees. :slap

dx12-horz.jpg
Another way to look at it....Keaton is stoned and Bale is wired. :horror

A quick pic to show the size of the eyes of DX12 compared to 89 Bats. Big googly eyes on DX12....the large painted pupils on it also contribute to the googly appearance. The shape of the 89 eyes are more accurate to Keaton as well. Sorry, didnt have time to match the PERS position between the two. :gah: :wink1: Besides, they're both misaligned to varying degrees. :slap

dx12-horz.jpg

Cannot see Bale in that mouth piece at all. How did they get Keaton so perfect yet fail on Bale?

...apologists...

Starting to hate that word...

Thanks man, would really like to see that! :yess: Can you PM me if you do so please? - I'll have to wait until January to see if I'll do this... :impatient:

Just keep an eye on this thread. Others have said they plan to do it, and I plan to not be the first. I would like to see it done first just like you. :)

dx12-horz.jpg

Well it's kind of a pointless comparison then. The Keaton eyes are positioned much better there. :peace

^^^ Well, as I said it was all I have time to do, but even to the untrained eye such as mine....without the aid of 37 lines drawn between the two :D....it's pretty easy to see what's going on.

Large eye sockets & large pupils = googly eyes.

:lol

Okaaay, you have been warned. I nearly pissed myself laughing when I saw it this morning.. note: this hasn't been in contact with the DX02 in days..
WTF did HT make the rubber out of on the DX02? Xenomorph blood?
:lol

IMG_1175.jpg

Looks like a little rubber dildo.

You can say dildo here?

Not surprising. 90% of my dreams are about dildos.

Hurry up and get this bat mags this thread desperatley needs some kick ass pics and less whiining........

Don't tell me, tell Sideshow! :panic:

Back