HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The Keaton boots are cool. Love how they are Nike.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Better than those Nikes :lol :lol :lol

They're pretty much on the same scale of lame but I bet the Nike boots are more comfortable. The shin gauntlet is a nice touch too and make sense.

I don't really know what the Schumacher boots look like, I'm gonna go look. I assume they're probably worse than the Keaton and Bale boots. Probably gaudy too.

The Keaton boots are cool. Love how they are Nike.

I really love the Jordan model :clap

1.JPG

According to Facebook, they finally arrived today at the warehouse, starting to ship today!

Gammy = bollocksed/wrecked/injured/faulty

But speaking of cellulite and fat, yes like a Gamorreans legs!

Rory you have a finger like a Gamorrean's leg!! :D

I don't really know what the Schumacher boots look like, I'm gonna go look. I assume they're probably worse than the Keaton and Bale boots. Probably gaudy too.

They probably have toenails sculpted on them.

British slang!

:monkey4

Cant say Ive looked at or care about the boots on any of the Batmans now your just going to far... LOL

I'm sort of bummed that this figure is going to be so totally and completely overshadowed by the other figures I have arriving at the same time, because I actually like it. Nothing for months, then everything hits during the same damn 2-week span...

According to Facebook, they finally arrived today at the warehouse, starting to ship today!

Yeah I just saw the same thing. Lucky bastards who get them soon lol

I don't really agree there BrooklynWolf (about the faceplates making the cowl). I don't think this Bale Batman cowl/head is in the same league as the '89 version, regardless of face plates.

The DX 09 cowl sculpt is a work of art (IMO), with or without the face plates. The shape of the head, the sculpt of the brows and shoulder bones, the texture on the cowl, it's very defined and very accurate. The PERS eyes are set in the back of cowl inside the head and just the way the cowl sits and the way they painted the skin around the eyes actually makes it appear as though the headsculpt is wearing a mask. If the eyes are the same size as this one, it's not as noticeable with how they constructed it. I'm actually surprised how well the cowl turned out, disregarding the PERS panel seam on the back of the head.

I can't honestly say the same things about this DX 12 head. It doesn't capture anything but a googly eyed toy with three swappable face plate gimmicks and moveable eyes. There's nothing real about it, in my opinion. It looks like a toy, it looks like an action figure. Sure, from certain angles and under the right lighting it could look real, but we're getting into specifics here.

I see you're point. And as I've said before, the shape of the cowl on the TDK suit tends to make PERS look funny. The 89 cowl and brow shape works better with it.

But I still predict the eye holes themselves are the same size.

But **** it, Ive come to accept it. Im going to make this guy look like the goofiest bastard on my shelf. :yess:

:lol

He can take it, because he's not our ideal figure. He's an ugly toy, a googly eyed protector . . . a Derp Knight.

:rotfl

Looking at this comparison I think blackening the DX12's eyelids could help improving the googly eyes issue. Think HT didn't enlarge that area, but the thin red lines just look off.

What do you think?

I think you may be right. I will likely be painting the eyelids...

Actually Mags, the DX12 eyes are a lot bigger than the 89 Bats eyes.

I'll wait to judge when I have him in hand. :peace

I came across this on Flickr....

Hot Toys DX12 Batman with EMP Gun by kevchan1103, on Flickr

It can be done right.

Very nice, but I have a feeling that shadow is hiding an awkward neck position. An extreme angle like that might not really be feasible.

WTF did HT make the rubber out of on the DX02? Xenomorph blood?

:horror :lol

Epic. I have a hard time seeing how people don't think this figure is awesome.

I think most of the general public would think that was the real Bale in a suit.

I think with the right angles and proper posing, no flash and not super HD pics..this figure is going to look close to par with the 89 Batman figure but, will not surpass it as a favorite for me.

So do I have OCD and mental problems if I think the head on this Batman looks like crap?

I don't see how it's nitpicking to say, "that weird shaped headsculpt with the anime eyes and the funny faces, looks like ****, here's why". It's not like I've pulled diagrams and illustrations with obnoxious colored lines to compare a toy and the real deal that's so often seen.

The head just looks like ****ing ****.

As lame as the diagrams can get, I actually find them to be helpful. It's a great way for someone to communicate clearly without long exposition - the whole "picture speaks a thousand words" thing. Also, it's harder to misunderstand a pictu than it is words. I just think pictures in general are really useful/helpful on the Internet.

Here's what you should all understand/assume about any annotated picture I post: It should not be seen as a way to gauge how passionate I am about a subject, It should be seen as proof of my laziness combined with a desire to get my point accross.

I would think that's true of many others as well.

Forget about the crap head, look what i did to the boots!
Finished DX12/DX02 combo, small feet, no cracks, no skinny ankles.

photo-60.jpg

Mod looks great. I still hope to find a way to modify the stock boots without splicing anything together.

409319_10151162632609145_1670973094_n.jpg

"FYI Hot Toys Bespin Luke and TDKR Batman DX have arrived and we've started shipping the pieces out :) Be on the lookout for your figure!"

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Back