HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever tried to sell the joint you almost finished and have enjoyed for almost the same $$ that you paid for and possibly made money on it ? ;)

Yes my name is Geil and I am an addict.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Have you ever tried to sell the joint you almost finished and have enjoyed for almost the same $$ that you paid for and possibly made money on it ? ;)

Yes my name is Geil and I am an addict.

Very true. Very scary as well! That's the best thing with regards to his hobby. You can always buy, admire and then sell to buy the new, then admire, then sell to buy the new... and so on. I think the days of actually "making" money are pretty much over but u certainly won't lose much either.

With regards to your analogy of a joint... I think we all would be pretty happy if we could smoke it down to the core then turn around and trade it in for a brand spanking new one!

And that is what makes this "addiction" the best :D
I think I could reach a level of the hobby being self sufficient now that I have reached critical mass but letting go of some of the more valuable (and my precious) pieces turns out pretty tough and I agree the new stuff is likely to go up only very lil in value. (Except for the many many scalpers who raise prices before things even sell out :horror!!! )
Sorry I only join in the discussion when it's more light hearted and fun and positive ;)

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

As the song said " letting go is hard to do".

2985382_orig.gif

Lots of candy for you! :lol

20090528CandyExpoChocolate2.jpg

My friend waynesbutler on youtube sent me a pic of his figure and he put one of lforgino's cape on it. IMO it looks great.

IMG_0017.jpg

Much better.

here's a few shots i just took tonight.
250404_10152194331060226_1169574684_n.jpg

579227_10152194331310226_757552792_n.jpg

522837_10152194331395226_242900467_n.jpg

249573_10152194331785226_1243719939_n.jpg

254736_10152194331855226_1889641059_n.jpg

46282_10152194331960226_19520577_n.jpg

404754_10152194332055226_1812228580_n.jpg

8152_10152194332315226_105682031_n.jpg

523689_10152194332595226_73347412_n.jpg

The matte armor is extremely easy to scratch !!! anyone here know how to remove the scratches?

With the exception of the cape clip installation, these pics are epic. Best ones yet. Well done sir. :duff

does anyone have some photos of the DX12 with one of iforigno's custom capes on?

Real damn shame I had to cancel the first Batman figure that isn't a rubber statue.

He looks so cool with his arms up either holding his weapons or fists ready for battle.

Weird actually seeing him with his arms up, so used to rubber man. :lol
Why did you cancel man. I has a sad. :(
I finally got mine! will post pictures tomorrow.

:yess: people of this thread, be ready, Agen's pics are amazing.

Here are some of his DX02 ones...hope you don't mind agen.

darkknightwallpapersize.jpg

fallingcardsfullsize.jpg

Agen is my favorite photographer here. :)

I have many faves, the talent of the photographers here is great (where's maulfan??!!) you are one of them mags!

Wow!

I have never seen those Agen's pics.

Great stuff!

Yeah, I miss MaulFan. :(

Same suit, it's just been digitally altered to match up better with the "RISE" background image.

Like this:
katosuit.jpg

:exactly: .. The same Kato suit, just photoshoped.

No offence, but I think you need to go look up what "objectively" means.

He was talking about the mouth plates on the cowl. Not about the headsculpt which is awesome.

Yeah, I agree with karamazov. The eye's really show the Bale likeness, although the wrinkles under his eye's make him look a little old.
There is something about the nose and the mouth though. I just can't put my finger on it.
The hairline looks great, but there doesn't seem to be enough of it. It's more TDK hair than TDKR hair.
But yes, this is the best Bale sculpt seen by HT, but the imaresqd1 sculpt still tops this I think.

The problem is the eyes/eyebrows are too low compared to the proto, and that makes the whole face to look a bit shrunken on the vertical line. (red lines shows whats wrong)

comparacion2.jpg

Last edited:

Why did you cancel man. I has a sad. :(

:yess: people of this thread, be ready, Agen's pics are amazing.

Here are some of his DX02 ones...hope you don't mind agen.

darkknightwallpapersize.jpg

fallingcardsfullsize.jpg

Agen is my favorite photographer here. :)

Agen's actually one of the reasons I started collecting Hot Toys. I stumbled upon his photostream on Flickr over 3 years ago and the rest is history. :lol

The problem is the eyes/eyebrows are to low compared to the proto, and that makes the whole face to look a bit shrunken on the vertical line. (red lines shows whats wrong)

comparacion2.jpg

You realize the images are at different angles? :lol

It's the same sculpt.

You realize the images are at different angles? :lol

It's the same sculpt.

You realize that this head sculpt doesn't have neck movement right (on the vertical line)? i.e. the eye cant go higher or lower by only moving the head to the right or the left :slap

Besides check the yellow lines.. those are good.

The problem is the eyes/eyebrows are too low compared to the proto, and that makes the whole face to look a bit shrunken on the vertical line. (red lines shows whats wrong)

comparacion2.jpg

I think the biggest problem that HT keeps having with Bale sculpts is that they always make them to wide. Bale's front profile is very narrow.

Back