HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Also what do you think the production run on this batman figure will be? I'm praying it isn't too large, because it just kills some of the fun of owning such exclusive, detailed figures.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'm scrolling through this thread and hit a massive wall of Katie Holmes. Why?

I'm so upset about the boots on this one.... The boots were actually my favorite part on the dx02 :(

Their previous boot sculpts are crap. These look better and are more accurate.

I always wondered what was the reasoning behind the cast change from Katie to Maggie? I'll jump on the shallow bandwagon here, I find Katie more attractive and it's not like she did anything else after "Begins". Did she want more money? Was it the "Cruise"-factor? Possibly Nolan? I thought her acting was serviceable and didn't ruin the experience at all. The change is a bit jarring when you try to watch both. But enough about Katie...

Does anyone know the durability of this figure? I saw the cracked plates earlier in the thread and that had me a bit skeptical. I'll probably pick this up anyway and sell my 02, just wondering what was up.

She was on Cruise-Control.

I always wondered what was the reasoning behind the cast change from Katie to Maggie? I'll jump on the shallow bandwagon here, I find Katie more attractive and it's not like she did anything else after "Begins". Did she want more money? Was it the "Cruise"-factor? Possibly Nolan? I thought her acting was serviceable and didn't ruin the experience at all. The change is a bit jarring when you try to watch both. But enough about Katie...

Does anyone know the durability of this figure? I saw the cracked plates earlier in the thread and that had me a bit skeptical. I'll probably pick this up anyway and sell my 02, just wondering what was up.

She was pregnant at the time.

More Excited for this DX12 than Ever!!!!

Katie Holmes BOOBS are great in BB

I always thought she was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Katie-Holmes-196.jpg

Katie-Holmes-1146.jpg

Katie-Holmes__.jpg

Katie_Holmes_3.jpg

Katie_Holmes_2.jpg

katie-holmes-015.jpg

katie-holmes-019.jpg

25katie-holmes.jpg

Holmes21.jpg

Sorry I had to quote this :monkey3 , I think this woman was perfect between 2003-2005

I wonder the same thing, and never got a plausible answer.. many people say tom cruise was involve, but why??? how?? that makes no sense to me.. why would he like his wife to be out of a huge hollywood production..

She was pregnant at the time.

Are you sure? Acording to Wikipedia her child was born in 2006.. For sure she was't pregnant for the TDK..

Are you sure? Acording to Wikipedia her child was born in 2006.. For sure she was't pregnant for the TDK..

Not really. But that's the rumor that circulated around the time in my country.

After a bit of googling, apparently she had scheduling conflict. She was involved in "Mad Money" with Queen Latifah and Diane Keaton. Never heard of that movie to be honest.
source: https://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579619/katie-holmes-doesnt-regret-dark-knight-absence.jhtml

After a bit of googling, apparently she had scheduling conflict. She was involved in "Mad Money" with Queen Latifah and Diane Keaton. Never heard of that movie to be honest.
source: https://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579619/katie-holmes-doesnt-regret-dark-knight-absence.jhtml

:exactly:I recently bought The Art and Making of The Dark Knight trilogy book and in the casting section, Katie Holmes couldn't be in TDK because of scheduling conflict.:lecture

Oh god, really well done Katie :slap,

Still remember watching TDK with my sister and there is a scene where Bruce kiss Rachel, and my sister said, "how can he kiss that girl so ugly?" :rotfl..

Back on topic, I'm so frustrated with the cowl on this figure !! :gah: .. Really I see more Keaton Batman than Bale Batman,... If Hot Toys doesn't fix that, I'll try to get a modded Medi head sculp :monkey2

Last edited:

:exactly:I recently bought The Art and Making of The Dark Knight trilogy book and in the casting section, Katie Holmes couldn't be in TDK because of scheduling conflict.:lecture

I'd be willing to bet that she regrets that decision. Rachel's death may have had a more emotional impact had she reprised her role. The character would've felt more real, and the continuity, more solid.

Wow...this figure is already in "checking inventory" status at Sideshow...guess many liked the film to be willing to PO such a high-priced figure haha

Last edited:

My god, just saw The Dark Knight Rises. I liked it just as much if not more than TDK, very epic and emotional conclusion :clap

I am totally pumped for this fig now, i also want the Batpod which i didn't before lol

Thats what they said but in reality it was because of the whole Tom-Kat stuff. I hear they said thy didn't want people to concentrate on that relationship while watching the movies.

On Maggie, while she isn't as hot as Katie she is the better actress and played the role much better imo

Yup, I agree it was really cause of the whole tomkat thing. The premiere was even getting overshadowed by Tom cruise at the premier with Katie. It sucks for her cause I think she's a better Rachel Dawes.
I didn't care for Maggie, I found her character, bland. I probable would have more emotional state when Rachel dies if it would have been Katie. I didn't care much when Maggie kicked the bucket in DK.

Back