HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Got my second bats. :yess: (need to futz some things though)

I think the eye issue is exaggerated. In normal conditions he looks great. The only "mods" I have on mine are the custom mouthpiece and cape.

bats_zps4fd5aec0.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I am so conflicted. I think that it could be better, but there is so much love for this thing. Does it look better in-hand? What, exactly, am I missing? I still think they'll revisit this with a better one, but, damn, I don't know if I want this or not.

Everything is better in person.

Here's my view on it.

Positives

- Improved armored body/gauntlets are great
- improved Wayne headsculpt (though I'm sure in a few months time it will be outdated like all the others)
- love the way the boots work
- new and improved grapple gun and belts

Negatives

- not worth the high MSRP of $259 or whatever, price/value stings badly
- the cowl head is crap with the eyes and the faceplates, he's derpin'
- as nice as the regular belt looks, it's a piece of crap that is literally held together by tape
- same accessories as nearly every other batman
- crappy base
- horrible box that damages easily

You could probably live without it and you're right, you know damn well there will be "newer" versions.

Awesome man.

what faceplate is that? I think its time I picked one up. If they are still available that is :dunno

I am so conflicted. I think that it could be better, but there is so much love for this thing. Does it look better in-hand? What, exactly, am I missing? I still think they'll revisit this with a better one, but, damn, I don't know if I want this or not.

Yes, it could have been better.. But we are passed that now, nothing we can do about it. To me it's a nice looking figure, my favorite at the moment.

I couldn't pass on this since it was my most wanted character since I started collecting. Many of the promo pics of this figure makes it look really bad, like the one Tyranus quoted from Plastic Enemies. But if you futz it properly and have good lightning set up, you have an awesome looking figure.

The modding in my opinion isn't a must, I liked it very much straight out of the box.. but if modding improves the figure, why not?

Here's my view on it.

Positives

- improved Wayne headsculpt (though I'm sure in a few months time it will be outdated like all the others)

Negatives

- as nice as the regular belt looks, it's a piece of crap that is literally held together by tape
- crappy base

You could probably live without it and you're right, you know damn well there will be "newer" versions.

I guess that settles it, then. To be honest, the main thing that I wanted this figure for was either A.) so The Joker isn't alone or B.) for the Armory dio that's coming, but, I think I'll just wait it out for a better one. I could use that $260 towards some of the other Batman figures on the way, anyway.:lol

I like how it went from wait list to currently in stock. I feel bad for all the people paying $300-$400 for this on ebay and the like.

Here's my view on it.

Positives

Negatives

- crappy base

I think the box is similar like the previous DX releases? They are holding up fine so far. Although the paper coatin thats glued on base of the inner box of mine are starting to warp.

In hand, i still dislike the paintjob on the eye bag part. But for the most part, i agree with you. Didnt realize that the belt was held together by a piece of yellow foam tape. I assumed it was there to cover the magnet parts and to protect the suit from scratching.

Yes, it could have been better.. But we are passed that now, nothing we can do about it. To me it's a nice looking figure, my favorite at the moment.

I couldn't pass on this since it was my most wanted character since I started collecting. Many of the promo pics of this figure makes it look really bad, like the one Tyranus quoted from Plastic Enemies. But if you futz it properly and have good lightning set up, you have an awesome looking figure.

The modding in my opinion isn't a must, I liked it very much straight out of the box.. but if modding improves the figure, why not?

The problem with this figure, is no matter what angle you look it at, this figure always has flaws..

Asuming you made all possible modifications to him: mouth plates, new eyes, cape...

-if you look it at the front you will see, the wrong eyebrows, that really annoys me !:gah:... and the shoulder pads, which totally ruin the body proportions

-if you look it at the side, you will see the ridiculous back of his head... so there is no really much to do with this figure... Unless you get a completely new headsculpt, and some kind of accurate shoulder pads.. Then and only then this figure will be pure gold...

I think the box is similar like the previous DX releases? They are holding up fine so far. Although the paper coatin thats glued on base of the inner box of mine are starting to warp.

The binding on mine is all messed up/torn. It was like that from day one when I took it out of it's mint shipper.

Most of them are like that though since I see complaints all the damn time. It's just a cheap box, feels cheaper than the other DXs somehow. Main nitpick is the graphics though, it sucks. The little add-ins are usually pretty neat (Batarangs, Joker cards, Batsignals, Jokersignals, T-800 promo slide etc.), but that little Mattel Bat blue print blows.

In hand, i still dislike the paintjob on the eye bag part. But for the most part, i agree with you. Didnt realize that the belt was held together by a piece of yellow foam tape. I assumed it was there to cover the magnet parts and to protect the suit from scratching.

Agreed. It's like they tried to replicate the great paint applications they utilized on the DX 09 Batman eyes (where it looked like black eye make up was actually over Keaton's flesh tone under the eyes) but messed it up.

The second main regular belt (with canisters) is held together by the yellow foam tape, not the second without any canisters/boxes. I should have specified.

And yeah, I think they went with foam tape so the belt doesn't react/rub with the panels like it did with the DX 02.

The problem with this figure, is no matter what angle you look it at, this figure always has flaws..

Asuming you made all possible modifications to him: mouth plates, new eyes, cape...

-if you look it at the front you will see, the wrong eyebrows, that really annoys me !:gah:... and the shoulder pads, which totally ruin the body proportions

-if you look it at the side, you will see the ridiculous back of his head... so there is no really much to do with this figure... Unless you get a completely new headsculpt, and some kind of accurate shoulder pads.. Then and only then this figure will be pure gold...
Just curious, do you own this figure? I noticed you're only posting or referencing pictures from other people. So you've never actually been able to judge this figure in person? (Not arguing, just genuinely curious.)

I think mine looks f-ing amazing from all the angles I can look at it in my detolf. Again, your issues with this figure is nothing you can do about it now. This complaining is getting very annoying and it's just a waste of time, IMO.

Just get a custom head and call it a day man. I think you are taking it all too personally :lol look, the next 3.0 that will come later, will inevitably comes with minor crap like this one. Just enjoy the damn thing for now :lol

The binding on mine is all messed up/torn. It was like that from day one when I took it out of it's mint shipper.

Most of them are like that though since I see complaints all the damn time. It's just a cheap box, feels cheaper than the other DXs somehow. Main nitpick is the graphics though, it sucks. The little add-ins are usually pretty neat (Batarangs, Joker cards, Batsignals, Jokersignals, T-800 promo slide etc.), but that little Mattel Bat blue print blows.

Agreed. It's like they tried to replicate the great paint applications they utilized on the DX 09 Batman eyes (where it looked like black eye make up was actually over Keaton's flesh tone under the eyes) but messed it up.

The second main regular belt (with canisters) is held together by the yellow foam tape, not the second without any canisters/boxes. I should have specified.

And yeah, I think they went with foam tape so the belt doesn't react/rub with the panels like it did with the DX 02.

Same here. I opened it up and i thought they included some backgroud diorama bonus when i get to the bottom inner base warping :lol :duh

Yeah, the box design looks lazy and HT could do better, the bonus blue print is crap. The foam batarangs back then was a much better bonus and a nicer touch. I still remember when first pics were surfaced on HK forums and everyone was like excited and wondered what material the batarang were made out of. Good times :rock

i dont know if HT is getting lazy or are we getting too spoilt here. I mean yes, they are increasing the price. But so are everything else. They continue on bringing new innovations and stuffs for us, even though they are minor details that i think most of us dont even notice (e.g. Paintjob on the iris, better tailoring and outfit). But look at medicom, they might not increase their price (17-19k yen) but they are still giving us the same flat, lifeless paintjob on their figures since the early 2000, brittle joints, awkard loose neck on figures, subpar tailoring, very minimal accesories.

Fight the powers man!!!! :yess: Don't rest until everyone agrees with you and hates the figure, only then will your life truly have meaning :slap

It's not bad per say, the problem is it's the only usable one

Cut the guy some slack man :lol

He just love tdk batman so much that it frustrates him since HT cant bring the best representation for him. I mean, we've all been there too right :lol

Just curious, do you own this figure? I noticed you're only posting or referencing pictures from other people. So you've never actually been able to judge this figure in person? (Not arguing, just genuinely curious.)

Of course I don't own this figure. I consider myself intelligent enough to not get this figure if I dislike it this much :lol

Back