HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Managed to snap a few natural light photos. Excuse the blurriness, I do not have steady hands. I think the smirk mouth came out nicely in these shots.
Also, if you compare these pics to others', you can see that the DX2's shoulder pads (which I have on my Batman) are smaller than the DX12's.
IMG_0942_zpsb2b34430.jpg

IMG_0937_zps3c97c1f1.jpg

IMG_0935_zps63314091.jpg

IMG_0932_zpsd59a2085.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just finished another medi head. I modded the first one for a friend (a bunch of posts back). This one's staying with me. ;)
He's wearing a Tony Mei cape (the best imo). Also, besides putting a magnet and repainting the mouth area, I sculpted a little bit of lower eye lids for the squinty look. Check it out!
18072CE3-C54D-4218-9F0A-F0732DE9243B-763-000000A7D406A14A.jpg

968F416B-6F6A-4DC2-B3D7-FDB269B8CB24-763-000000A7E2AF07C5.jpg

You're a son of a female dog, do you know that!? :lol Stunning work! Perfect Bale batman sculpt right there!

Commtech, do you still have the dx12 cowl?

If you had a chance it would be cool to see side by side comparison size wise of both for all of us who don't have medi cowls.

What's this Tony Mei cape you speak of??

Thanks, my fellow freaks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Oh and thanks to Maglor and others for all the mods.

Commtech, do you still have the dx12 cowl?

If you had a chance it would be cool to see side by side comparison size wise of both for all of us who don't have medi cowls.

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. I don't have an extra body so I guess I'll just take the same picture twice just switching the heads.

Even the cowls sitting next to each other would be cool to see size difference.

Thanks!

The Medi cowl is so much better. Now that I've got my 12, and Medi together you can really see the difference.

C'mon commetech can I be your friend? I need someone to modify mine =(

Ok, I had some time so here are the requested comparison pictures. Please remember these are iPhone pictures (both heads came out thinner than they really are, don't know why) and I tried to keep the proportions equal, but they might not be 100% the same, so look at them individually to see the size of the head to the body. Again, this comparison is so much clearer in person.
Screenshot2013-01-06at83829PM_zps5e466edd.png

Right one looks to be more in scale. Left one is too small. Nice picture.

And here's just the heads (sorry for the excess light and sorry that they are not perfectly aligned. It was a freaking balancing act:lol)

DX02-DX12-Medicom

FC8D1A98-2C70-4C88-BC3C-DDE352B10832-763-000000C9DD6EAA12.jpg

It's funny how all the ears are so different.

Last edited:

........ Now up close like that, I like the dx12 best. :lol

It's funny how all the ears are so different.

It's funny how Medicom got it right in one try and Hot Toys still hasn't gotten it after three. :monkey1

Commtech, thanks for the different shots!

After seeing the pics I am more undecided than I was before hahaha.

Trying to compare your shots to real pics of bale in the suit it just seems that the size wise we need is inbetween the dx12 and the medi. I'm sure in person neither would bother me as looking at my dx12 I don't feel it's small and I don't think I would feel the medi would look big.

I think so far my favorite option for the faceplate out of all we have is Robbie's version. I hope to see MRM'S cowl with Robbie's plate and maybe that would be my end all tell all lol.

At the end of the day I am happy with mine as is but I wish I had a medi too so I could display one on each of my DX 12 hahaha.

Thanks again for the pics!

Managed to snap a few natural light photos. Excuse the blurriness, I do not have steady hands. I think the smirk mouth came out nicely in these shots.
Also, if you compare these pics to others', you can see that the DX2's shoulder pads (which I have on my Batman) are smaller than the DX12's.
IMG_0942_zpsb2b34430.jpg

IMG_0937_zps3c97c1f1.jpg

IMG_0935_zps63314091.jpg

IMG_0932_zpsd59a2085.jpg

Great pictures! :clap

Back