HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I preordered the 28th and no shipment notice or they have charged my card.. Ill post when I have an update..

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Got mine for Crimbo from my folks. Here's a couple of photos. Lots of interesting posing options for this guy. This is REALLY basic. And one of the shots needed a LOAD of post-processing to get it looking decent.
:)
8328739470_23f87d5e04_b.jpg
[/url] TDKR Batman 50mm 003 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]
8327680993_1a7a975096_b.jpg
[/url] TDKR Batman 50mm bleach bypass iris blur008 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

image-1_zpsb1691c93.jpg

image-1_zps456335c7.jpg

image-1_zps6edc11ce.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPad pics, but here it is. I have to say, it came out much better then I thought it would. Especially since this is my first time sculpting anything.

I basically studied the eye structure from the BW sculpt and wanted to replicate the shape of his eyes. Stock eyes look fine, in fact, it's more expressive. But it's limiting because its best used when he's pissed, focused, or fighting bane. If you want him calm, self reflecting, deep in thought or searing with anger, it's only possible with smaller eyes or, as some prefer, squint.

Admittedly I was terrified that I would screw up and bought a third head, for fear of screwing up one of my 2 dx12s. I didn't go full out with the squint and decided to make it more subtle, focusing on just making his eyes a tad smaller. I am satisfied with the end result, and surprised at a successful first attempt, considering how I've screwed up a few things in the past when I tried to do mods to other figures.

I am thrilled to have another expression to pose with.

Remember folks, those that haven't done anything to your figures eyes, don't fret, it still looks great. I personally just wanted more versatility. It's exactly like the dx06 sparrow. But with even more variety due to swappable mouth plates and now in my case, an extra head with smaller eyes.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Took some effort, but I'm fairly happy with the result. And there was no way I could resist getting a couple shots of it next to what I consider the best Batman mass-produced collectible ever released, the DX09.

Some really sharp photos, Tyler. Brings out the best in the stock figure! :clap

:clap now how about I send you my DX12 when it gets here and you can do everything again on mine? :lol

I'm too afraid of the potential for messing up. Some of these mods had me pretty stressed out, so I'm uncomfortable with the idea of attempting anything on any other figure but mine. I do encourage people try it themselves, though! This is the first figure that I've ever tried tinkering with, so if I could do it, I suppose anyone can. :lol

Nice interrogation sequence! I expect a lot more of these once the DX11 hits.

image-1_zps456335c7.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPad pics, but here it is. I have to say, it came out much better then I thought it would. Especially since this is my first time sculpting anything.

I basically studied the eye structure from the BW sculpt and wanted to replicate the shape of his eyes. Stock eyes look fine, in fact, it's more expressive. But it's limiting because its best used when he's pissed, focused, or fighting bane. If you want him calm, self reflecting, deep in thought or searing with anger, it's only possible with smaller eyes or, as some prefer, squint.

Admittedly I was terrified that I would screw up and bought a third head, for fear of screwing up one of my 2 dx12s. I didn't go full out with the squint and decided to make it more subtle, focusing on just making his eyes a tad smaller. I am satisfied with the end result, and surprised at a successful first attempt, considering how I've screwed up a few things in the past when I tried to do mods to other figures.

I am thrilled to have another expression to pose with.

Remember folks, those that haven't done anything to your figures eyes, don't fret, it still looks great. I personally just wanted more versatility. It's exactly like the dx06 sparrow. But with even more variety due to swappable mouth plates and now in my case, an extra head with smaller eyes.

I like! :clap very versatile.

Just paid for this 'Bat' boy. Hopefully it will arrive this week... Can't wait to open the box. :yess:

Plasmid did more than just change the mouthplate. I think he also resculpted the eyelids, shorten the neck, fixed the chest so they are aligned etc.
I know, will try most of 'em too :)
Just wasn't sure about dat mp.

I am so sick of waiting on this figure. It will be here this week but still man, the buzz is g..BTW did they squint the eyes a bit more in the new batch or i s that just me? It doesn't look as geeked out in some of the newer photos.

What new batch?

Everyone is *****ing about the wait, I thought I was getting mine last week and I now have to wait until February :lol

I think he thinks that the modded figures are a "new batch" :lol

Yeah... thought as much. Would love it to be true though honestly.

Is there a tutorial on how to put the cape on correct, i have a feeling mine isnt on right.

Is there a tutorial on how to put the cape on correct, i have a feeling mine isnt on right.

Yup.

1. PM Lance (lforigno)

2. Ask for the short or medium Rayon cape

3. Pay him

4. receive cape from lance

4. put cape in with small screwdriver

5. Have a 100X better looking batman.

:thud: .

Gonna repost this again:

For those having trouble getting the cape to lay flat.

The part of the clip indicated by the arrow below needs to be pushed under the suit. Until you do that it will be a constant problem. Once you get it under the suit you literally never need to think about it again. It will lay flat until the day you remove the cape.

IMG_4141crop.jpg

Here is what you should see once the clip is in place:

IMG_4140crop.jpg

I don't care how many times people say the cape goes in....IT DOESN'T

Perhaps there is some sort of problem with certain people's.
I tried for ages and one clip just does not go in.

what do you guys think for the new Hot Toys Hall of Armor (Set of Four) for iron man? I want to pick one up so I can display batmans armor...

Ok guys so I need to get your educated opinion, especially those that have both the MMS71 and the DX12. Would you guys recommend selling the MMS71 to get the DX12? I just picked up the batpod and I want to know which one is easier to put on the pod or even looks better. Or would you guys recommend selling off Two face to get the DX12. Please feel free to post what you think or PM me. Thanks.

what do you guys think for the new Hot Toys Hall of Armor (Set of Four) for iron man? I want to pick one up so I can display batmans armor...

I would say no, I've seen some of the custom pieces for batman's stuff. Would look more appropriate IMO.

Back