HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Do you have to pay Customs charges if you live outside the US and order from BBTS? I bought my TF Batman Begins figure from sideshow and it wasnt cheap because of customs.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

what I'm curious about is, if you are going to scam someone then why even send them anything (socks, wristband etc)?

It could be somewhere in the description that he would be receiving socks.*
* You gotta read the fine print.

Do you have to pay Customs charges if you live outside the US and order from BBTS? I bought my TF Batman Begins figure from sideshow and it wasnt cheap because of customs.

You'll have to go to your BBTS account settings and make sure that you check off the "mark package as gift" option. That way you will be okay. I had to do this, since I'm from Canada. I really wish Sideshow would do the same. It's pretty much the only reason I hesistate to buy from them sometimes, because the custom taxes are absurd.

I'll only buy brand new items from BBTS. They treat veterans wonderfully and have terrific customer service. The one time I had an issue with them (DCUC Wave 5 Eradicator's card came completely destroyed) they credited me $29.99 for store credit and apologized. I didn't have to return the figure or do anything else... just supplied photos.

I actually spoke to them while I was in Iraq (via e-Mail of course) and the history of their company is neat.

Thank you for serving man. :duff

What a nice thing to say... I've been out two years as of last week. Feels like a lifetime ago, really. But hey, a Purple Heart gets me some discounts on these bad boys so I'm happy.

what I'm curious about is, if you are going to scam someone then why even send them anything (socks, wristband etc)?

It provides a tracking number whilst you manage your time to delete your account or cover your tracks. It also makes it harder for the buyer to get their money back as it will come up that they have actually received an item (regardless of it not being the item they wanted in the end).

On another note, has anyone ordered from ModelZone before? When do they normally get their stock in?

You'll have to go to your BBTS account settings and make sure that you check off the "mark package as gift" option. That way you will be okay. I had to do this, since I'm from Canada. I really wish Sideshow would do the same. It's pretty much the only reason I hesistate to buy from them sometimes, because the custom taxes are absurd.

Most companies won't do that because falsifying customs forms is illegal and carries and heavy fine, if I remember correctly. I'm surprised Big Bad Toy Store would do this.

Most companies won't do that because falsifying customs forms is illegal and carries and heavy fine, if I remember correctly. I'm surprised Big Bad Toy Store would do this.

That depends. If the box has no label that depicts BBTS's name and BBTS puts in a person's name instead Big Bad Toy Store on the sender column then it's okay to declare it as gift. So long as the custom officer doesn't open said box and finds a receipt along with the actual price of the product being shipped.

My Batman is shipped:panic::yess::):banana:banana

Rules and laws are in place for a reason - for people to pick and choose which ones they would like to follow.

i really love the dx12!

uh...i think i'm in the right thread.

batsnow03.jpg

batsnow01.jpg

and yeah yeah i didn't futz with him at all so he's all crooked all over the place, but i was too excited about the snow to pay attention to what i was doing.

: D

I'd say the gift option is there for when... Y'know, it's a gift :dunno

You don't want to open your door to be charged £100 for some crappy present someone bought you

Nice pics Excile! I'd get a lforgino cape if I were you

Nice pics Excile! I'd get a lforgino cape if I were you

it is an lforgino cape!

i just made a hash of it because i was trying to stick him in the snow and it was stupidly cold out.

I'd say the gift option is there for when... Y'know, it's a gift :dunno

You don't want to open your door to be charged £100 for some crappy present someone bought you

Exactly. :goodpost:

I also don't go with "you pay PayPal fees or send as gift." You are using PayPal so they get their cut. If I sell a car I'm not going to mark the price sold way down so you don't pay taxes... that is their money and you should pay it. It isn't my responsibility to pay your fees/taxes, and PayPal is a pretty good and convenient service so I'd like them to stick around.

Pay what you're bound to pay.

Were you not worried about the snow and the rubber? I wouldn't want that to get wet.

I just preorder the figure from BBTS.. I was on the fence, because I was trying to decide between the 1:6 ver or the 1:4 version and because I have the original TDK DC version of Batman which I still like alot..

Were you not worried about the snow and the rubber? I wouldn't want that to get wet.

the snow was dry, so he was fine ~ and there's no rubber on the bottom ~ his feet/boots are all hard plastic.

but nevertheless yes, that's also why i didn't properly futz him ~ i didn't want him to be exposed for too long.

that said, i can be pretty brutal with my toys and this guy has proven to be a lot more durable than one would expect. been putting him through the paces since halloween and he hasn't showed any signs of stress or wear.

now, i don't fling him across the room or anything ~ i do treat him with respect, but i haven't had any problems with him at all except that his left hand likes to fall off when i go to pose it. i have that problem with gordon too.

Yep. And I don't think marking as gift will prevent it either.

Back