HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Nothing else. However, I did lay the paint in pretty thick right on the eyelid, so there might be a slight impression of a squint.

But yeah, just painted them.

IMG_4477crop.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just out of curiousity: are you still able to use PERS after the repaint?

The painted eyelids do make a significant difference to the overall look of the cowl. I'm not sure if I'd attempt it though, as I do plan on making use of the PERS.

Not sure what you mean... I can still use the PERS... or I could if I hadn't removed the joystick. But yeah, I can still position them fine. :dunno

Not sure what you mean... I can still use the PERS... or I could if I hadn't removed the joystick. But yeah, I can still position them fine. :dunno

I edited my message, because I wasn't sure if the PERS were functional or not :rotfl. But, that's cool. If that's the case, I'll definitely attempt the repaint.

Some are even doing the repaint without removing the eyes, so yeah they still work fine. :)

I'm definitely going to try this when I get the figure. Removing the PERS is too extreme for me, so I'm thinking of applying small pieces of masking tape to shield the eyeballs when attempting the repaint.

I know right o_o... especially compared to
522977_10151068216082344_1505714149_n.jpg

I can't believe how just some black paint can make a huge difference

Just goes to show that the PERS on this figure are not as gigantic as some would have you believe. ;)

Very awesome job Mags! I just took better pics of my modded cowl and will upload them shortly

Also, for those that want to paint the eyelids, you DO NOT have to take out the PERS unit. I sculpted the eyelids AND painted it without removing anything. All it takes is a small brush and a steady hand

I got the small brush, but not the steady hand. :eek:

Wow, you were even able to sculpt with the eyes in place?! So much for needing to take out the whole PERS panel!

Very awesome job Mags! I just took better pics of my modded cowl and will upload them shortly

Also, for those that want to paint the eyelids, you DO NOT have to take out the PERS unit. I sculpted the eyelids AND painted it without removing anything. All it takes is a small brush and a steady hand

pics pics pics!

These were the best of the bunch.

SAM_3099.jpg

SAM_3098.jpg

I got the small brush, but not the steady hand. :eek:

Wow, you were even able to sculpt with the eyes in place?! So much for needing to take out the whole PERS panel!

yea, although the cowl feels pretty solid it's actually quite flexible. once the epoxy started to dry, I was able to "scoop" out excess that got stuck in the cracks and behind the cowl opening and the cowl stretched with it a bit.

Nice pics. THe eyes look great. There's something about the Medi mouth that bugs me though...

These were the best of the bunch.

SAM_3099.jpg

SAM_3098.jpg

yea, although the cowl feels pretty solid it's actually quite flexible. once the epoxy started to dry, I was able to "scoop" out excess that got stuck in the cracks and behind the cowl opening and the cowl stretched with it a bit.

That figure looks like is real person, you guys are taking this figure to a new level. Congrats, very impressive :clap

Pretty disappointed when I first got this guy out of the box, but got to futzing and modding straight away! The gauntlets are very pliable when heated, so I'm going to widen the opening by the wrist and mod some gauntlets to fit in there. The elbows bent in look much better too. I painted the eyelids etc. but couldn't get over how pin-headed he looked, so eventually put the magnets into the medicom head and attached that instead.

Starting to like this guy! I do wish he was more poseable though. The kevlar details are excellent in the light; they are below a translucent layer, just like the real costume.

1b2e5543b6166c1c66fd0d8042c8cf0e.jpg

4d4bec0ee8056a16ac869db0c30b90fb.jpg

(No natural light right now so sorry for slightly pixelated photos)

Last edited:
Back