HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Neither here nor there, but if one can't afford to pay for something all at once, than one probably shouldn't purchase that item. That's sound financial practice. Two exceptions in life: car and house, since few people have the money to pay those in full. So many people try to live beyond their means and are ruined financially, living paycheck to paycheck.

My problem isn't about the money it's about me not being able to get the figure early lol.

I just called to see if they could take the rest of the money to pay off the batman and basically they said unless they get extra in and send me an email giving me the option to pay it off I'm stuck until December.

From what they are saying its same deal with the joker for me also. Ahh well as long as I know I'm getting them its not that big of a deal. I need to stop coming to this thread to look at pics haha.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Are there pics or a step by step for the glove strap mod?

Cheers!

Neither here nor there, but if one can't afford to pay for something all at once, than one probably shouldn't purchase that item. That's sound financial practice. Two exceptions in life: car and house, since few people have the money to pay those in full. So many people try to live beyond their means and are ruined financially, living paycheck to paycheck.

You're on a completely different tangent here. Re-read what he posted before spitting out nonsense.

Yeah I have to agree with annihilate, your way off man lol and I'll just leave it at that.

My problem isn't about the money it's about me not being able to get the figure early lol.

I just called to see if they could take the rest of the money to pay off the batman and basically they said unless they get extra in and send me an email giving me the option to pay it off I'm stuck until December.

From what they are saying its same deal with the joker for me also. Ahh well as long as I know I'm getting them its not that big of a deal. I need to stop coming to this thread to look at pics haha.

Yeah my last Flex Pay is on the 20th and that's basically what they told me as well. I'm stuck till the 20th unless i get an email. Oh well, as long as I get one I suppose. Beats possibly not getting it at all. Hopefully I'll get the Batpod soon to hold me over till then :yess:

Finally got mine this evening. The Christian Bale sculpt is jaw droppingly amazing. Feel guilty at even the thought of not displaying him with it, but he's...y'know, Batman, and I have to use the cowl.

The scowling mouth piece always looked a tad too severe in all the early pics, but right out of the box, it's my favorite.

Planning on doing the neck mod, just may wait a bit before purposeful breaking any part of this guy. All that you guys are doing is pulling out the stopper inside the bottom of the neck piece itself, right?

Tracking says he was delivered 30 minutes ago... But now I'm at work. The one day that UPS doesn't come at the normal time! :gah:

But tonight... :pray:

Planning on doing the neck mod, just may wait a bit before purposeful breaking any part of this guy.

:lol I'm the same way. It always takes a while of staring at the problem before I can work up the nerve to mod stuff.

So jelly,

Don't get this guy until end December. :(

Planning on doing the neck mod, just may wait a bit before purposeful breaking any part of this guy. All that you guys are doing is pulling out the stopper inside the bottom of the neck piece itself, right?

:lol I'm the same way. It always takes a while of staring at the problem before I can work up the nerve to mod stuff.

Neck mod is easy....spread/split it apart at the seam with needle nosed pliers & remove the rubber grommet. Don't even have to glue it back together...just shove it into the suit. :yess:

I'll prolly be doing some fringing too though. :/

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6lLt6TL85s[/ame]

another deanknight masterpiece

The minute you put the Bale and the cowl sculpt next to each other it becomes clear why a neck mod would necessary. Look how much freaking longer the cowl neck is. So bizarre.

photonov0680834pm.jpg

^ That was a pretty awesome video. Mine should be here tomorrow. :pray:

The eyes on the cowl are horribly unphotogenic. They don't look anywhere near as bad as some of these pics make them out.

He almost always looks crosseyed in pics, but does not in person.

Just did the neck mod. Surprisingly simple and easy. The neck fits snuggly in the socket, even with the grommet removed. You could literally lift him up by the neck and it would still stay secured.

It's such a little thing, but it makes quite a difference.

Apart from being in un-photogenic the eyes are quite simply way off

I blame satan.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3p8kIyqLI[/ame]

The eyes look good centered or slightly off centre looking up. If I try anything to the sides, the eyes look pretty out of whack.

Hm . . . Rory's pics are actually making me want to give the stock cape a try . . .

I got mine yesterday. I like it quite a bit, however I was really hoping to have enough flexibility in the suit to have him posed with one foot up on the steps and one on the "ground" but I can't get him to move enough. Also, in waynesbutler's video he says how the figure looks like it got run over by a steamroller, and I have to agree a bit. The whole ab armor area looks really flat.

Other than that, the eyes look a LOT better in person, and the "smirk" faceplate actually looks neutral like it did in the proto pics. Overall, I'm glad I sold my DX02 for this guy, but he's definitely not perfect.

I know there's a lot of mixed feeling about this guy, but I think he's great.
photonov06103805pm.jpg

Back