HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Congrats Chris and glad you got power back :hi5:

Looks awesome.

What did you do to his neck?

Just shortened it a bit. Took out the plug and dremmeled about 5mm from the neck joint. I actually thought it looked ok out of the box, but it does look better a little shorter.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'm having trouble putting the cape on.
Can some one show how it's suppose to snap on?
I can't figure it out.

I can't figure it out.

So glad you asked this because I know I am going to have the same problems when I get mine! :s

Finally put him into my Bats detolf display. He has grown on me a bit more since I fixed his neck. He looks nice and mean with joker. Now if only something could be done about his thighs.
...my current display, phone pics.
3-53.jpg
1-63.jpg

:rock2

Spectacular display. So badass.

Also, I think the thighs look fine there. :)

:rock2

Spectacular display. So badass.

Also, I think the thighs look fine there. :)

Thanks Mags, took the plug out and dremmeled the neck joint.
The thighs are hidden (in shame) in the shadows..
:lol

You dremmeled the neck where the head attaches? No dremmeling down where the neck attaches to the body?

You dremmeled the neck where the head attaches? No dremmeling down where the neck attaches to the body?

No I dremmeled the bottom of the neck joint, where it fits into the body.
I split it open took the plug out, then to get it to sit even lower I cut about 4-5mm off the bottom edge. I'm not touching the top part. I'm pretty happy with the head/neck join.

I split it open took the plug out, then to get it to sit even lower I cut about 4-5mm off the bottom edge. I'm not touching the top part. I'm pretty happy with the head/neck join.

Hmm. I'm scheduled to get mine today, and am seriously considering this neck mod. The difference is subtle but impressive.

I can't figure it out.

Don't be gentle, just shove the clips in at about 45deg angle and once they're in push down. It's that simple

I ordered mine on 10/31, when it was already backordered. My status changed to "shipping soon" today and I was even billed for the packout option.

Usually that only happens 72 hours before they ship them out. So I believe SSC might have gotten their second batch :) Excited to see it in hand!

Did you do Flex Pay or paid in full? I have mine on Flex Pay and ordered it on the 19th but still haven't received anything. That makes me a sad panda :(

EDIT; Checked with SS and they said that they didn't get any and its on backorder still. They told me to check back next week. suck...

Last edited:

I see I think...

Don't be gentle...

:lecture

Has always been the case with cape installation.

Did you do Flex Pay or paid in full? I have mine on Flex Pay and ordered it on the 19th but still haven't received anything. That makes me a sad panda :(

Flex Pay is lame, no offense. They don't ship the figure until it's payed in full.

Flex Pay is lame, no offense. They don't ship the figure until it's payed in full.

No offense taken. It helped me with the Tumbler (for obvious reasons lol) so I figured I'd try it with Batman but I'm now kinda regretting that. I definitely see where it's handy though not having to put big chunks down at a time. The only part that sucks is I tried paying it off last week and they wouldn't let me since they didn't have any in. I may be waiting till the end of the month before I get mine. I'm such a noob lol

Man I got on the list really late and still got mine. SSCs must have had enough to fill all the PAID IN FULL orders. I guess the flex pay helps them to mitigate the whole partial order deal.

No offense taken. It helped me with the Tumbler (for obvious reasons lol) so I figured I'd try it with Batman but I'm now kinda regretting that. I definitely see where it's handy though not having to put big chunks down at a time. The only part that sucks is I tried paying it off last week and they wouldn't let me since they didn't have any in. I may be waiting till the end of the month before I get mine. I'm such a noob lol

I tried Flexpay once when buying a Premium Format figure. Not because I didn't have the money, just because for some reason it didn't seem as expensive if I payed in smaller increments. When I realized I wasn't getting the figure until after the last payment I immediately called and payed in full. That was the last time I ever Flexpayed. :lol

In rare cases, some may only be in a position to preorder if they have the flexpay option. But other than those rare instances, just make sure you have a few hundred bucks saved up ahead of time and pay all at once. It's the same amount of money either way. It just takes a little self control to make the flexpay payments to your own bank account before you need it. :lecture

Man I got on the list really late and still got mine. SSCs must have had enough to fill all the PAID IN FULL orders. I guess the flex pay helps them to mitigate the whole partial order deal.

That'd be my guess too and I won't be doing it with any other figures after Batman unless its insanely expensive and I need to use Flex Pay.

Finally put him into my Bats detolf display. He has grown on me a bit more since I fixed his neck. He looks nice and mean with joker. Now if only something could be done about his thighs.
...my current display, phone pics.
3-53.jpg

Nice pics Rory! What's the formula on that Joker? Just curious. Looks really cool.

I tried Flexpay once when buying a Premium Format figure. Not because I didn't have the money, just because for some reason it didn't seem as expensive if I payed in smaller increments. When I realized I wasn't getting the figure until after the last payment I immediately called and payed in full. That was the last time I ever Flexpayed. :lol

In rare cases, some may only be in a position to preorder if they have the flexpay option. But other than those rare instances, just make sure you have a few hundred bucks saved up ahead of time and pay all at once. It's the same amount of money either way. It just takes a little self control to make the flexpay payments to your own bank account before you need it. :lecture

True story. And I have enough money for the Batpod through BBTS that I am waiting on them to get but when they pushed up the date for Batman I freaked and I felt I need to Flex Pay so I wasn't getting hit for over $500 at one time lol So I'll probably have the Batpod before Batman but that's ok. It's not for him anyways :wink1:

Back