HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You need to stop at DiFabio's and Jyecat's house. :tap

Well, ok....at least Jyecat's house, DiFabio probably doesn't want anyone to know what he looks like. :lol

I thought you Waz in lolcat city (NYC?)

Which are ALSO GOTHAM CITY.

Gotham can be anyon... Err anywhere :lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I agree too. Once they start selling this piece by piece, I might consider picking up the body and Wayne sculpt. Other than that, nothing really worth getting

I think had no one pre-ordered, that may be the are with a lot of people. Including me.

I only got the joke after reading your comment rory. I actually thought he was serious. :lol

Believe me guys, you're making me feel nasty for liking this figure :rotfl

I know it has a lot of "fails", but it's a vast improvement from dx02, isn't it?

I know it has a lot of "fails", but it's a vast improvement from dx02, isn't it?
I think,

The Suit ... Yes.
The Cowl ... No.
Accessories ... Yes.
Stand ... Yes.
Mouthplates ... No.
Posability ... Yes.

The mouth plates and cowl are a major part of this figure, and probably the worst part. But this one actually comes with a Bruce Sculpt, unlike the DX02.
If you like it, you shouldn't feel nasty, you should feel excited for when he arrives.:lecture

it isn't. :monkey4

I think had no one pre-ordered, that may be the are with a lot of people. Including me.

It does suck some people preordered thinking this would be the end of all Batman figures only to find they're right back at square one. I admit steps have been taken to improve the DX12 over the previous incarnations, but the key issue with all the figures has been the cowl. And with Batman, the most important aspect is the cowl sculpt. And Hot Toys continue to disappoint in this department. I also agree with the post above that if the mouth sculpt had been good, the eyes wouldn't have been such a big deal to me either.

People here do credit Hot Toys for fixing the bat emblem on the chest and the widening of the cowl but honestly, the crooked as **** emblem was easily noticeable and the widening of the cowl was expected from me, otherwise this thing would be the DX02 on a different body.

As much as we pick apart the figure, at this stage of the game, its pretty much a done deal. Hot Toys won't release a different batch with different eyes and mouth sculpts. This is the DX12 everyone has to live with. And to those who think its worth it and think it looks awesome, great. But as for myself and others, its a disappointment.

It does suck some people preordered thinking this would be the end of all Batman figures only to find they're right back at square one. I admit steps have been taken to improve the DX12 over the previous incarnations, but the key issue with all the figures has been the cowl. And with Batman, the most important aspect is the cowl sculpt. And Hot Toys continue to disappoint in this department. I also agree with the post above that if the mouth sculpt had been good, the eyes wouldn't have been such a big deal to me either.

People here do credit Hot Toys for fixing the bat emblem on the chest and the widening of the cowl but honestly, the crooked as **** emblem was easily noticeable and the widening of the cowl was expected from me, otherwise this thing would be the DX02 on a different body.

As much as we pick apart the figure, at this stage of the game, its pretty much a done deal. Hot Toys won't release a different batch with different eyes and mouth sculpts. This is the DX12 everyone has to live with. And to those who think its worth it and think it looks awesome, great. But as for myself and others, its a disappointment.

Well said.:goodpost:

But a fellow freak posted a few days ago about Hot Toys purposely doing a bad cowl but bettering everything else as a way to get us to come back for more every time. I laughed reading then, but it sorta seems like a game plan to me now. If they do improve on a certain area every time they release a Batman, then there will come a time when we get the definitive Batman, but how many will we be after purchasing when that time comes.
I do think however, if the DX02 mouth plates could fit on this guy, he would be a little better. The mouth plates on the DX02 look real good, I think.

ROFL @ price. Typical ebay sellers. Shame on the poor, misguided soul that buys the headsculpt at that price. Literally half the figure's price!

:lol:lol And the worse thing is, it's inevitable someone will. :lol

Neck is way too long as well, again.

Yeah, not even nitpicking really.

datneck_zpsa398d981.jpg

datneck2_zps853b0528.jpg

My biggest problem with this is the fact that it looks like a toy. When the final outcome of the production figure looks just as goofy as an older 2009/2010 figure, there's something wrong.

I mean, the DX 02, oil aside, was acceptable and fun because it was fresh and new. The PERS wasn't great because it was just being implemented. The head and neck were their first tries as well so issues like a long neck or some other criticisms were easy to swallow.

This though? Nah. Other than the body suit and EMP gun, what's so great or new about this? That neck, those eyes, the faceplates. It just doesn't seem like a 2012, $250 figure worthy of their "DX" title. I mean, how come their DX 09 Keaton '89 Batman looks so photo realistic and perfect? His eyes aren't wonky? His face and head looks natural? This is their 8th go at a Batman figure and their 3rd attempt at the TDK suit, they should make it count.

I kind of fear what the Batman Returns and Arkham City Batman figures will look like, especially if they're DX figures.

ROFL @ price. Typical ebay sellers. Shame on the poor, misguided soul that buys the headsculpt at that price. Literally half the figure's price!

And the nose is too wide on eyes line area !! :slap

$(KGrHqF,!jMFBkL010gZBQbs981eog~~60_3.JPG

Now I think Adam's Bruce Wayne is better..

Well said.:goodpost:

But a fellow freak posted a few days ago about Hot Toys purposely doing a bad cowl but bettering everything else as a way to get us to come back for more every time. I laughed reading then, but it sorta seems like a game plan to me now. If they do improve on a certain area every time they release a Batman, then there will come a time when we get the definitive Batman, but how many will we be after purchasing when that time comes.
I do think however, if the DX02 mouth plates could fit on this guy, he would be a little better. The mouth plates on the DX02 look real good, I think.

Yeah the mouth plates are excellent on the DX02. I would consider selling off my DX02 without the mouths if I could :D But yeah. You're right. I can't say for sure it will happen but in my honest opinion, I believe Hot Toys will come back to this version of Batman again, promising more improvements and realism. Its a hot, steaming plate of garbage they serve us but as collectors, we can't help be suckered in. In a way its become like the annual sports videogame. Released every year, with new improvements, yada yada yada.

datneck_zpsa398d981.jpg

datneck2_zps853b0528.jpg

My biggest problem with this is the fact that it looks like a toy. When the final outcome of the production figure looks just as goofy as an older 2009/2010 figure, there's something wrong.

I mean, the DX 02, oil aside, was acceptable and fun because it was fresh and new. The PERS wasn't great because it was just being implemented. The head and neck were their first tries as well so issues like a long neck or some other criticisms were easy to swallow.

This though? Nah. Other than the body suit and EMP gun, what's so great or new about this? That neck, those eyes, the faceplates. It just doesn't seem like a 2012, $250 figure worthy of their "DX" title. I mean, how come their DX 09 Keaton '89 Batman looks so photo realistic and perfect? His eyes aren't wonky? His face and head looks natural? This is their 8th go at a Batman figure and their 3rd attempt at the TDK suit, they should make it count.

I kind of fear what the Batman Returns and Arkham City Batman figures will look like, especially if they're DX figures.

:exactly::goodpost:
It seems weird to me that they perfected the DX08 and DX09 PERS and suddenly for the DX12 (but hopefully not the DX11) the PERS suck. IT's as if they purposely do it.

Yeah the mouth plates are excellent on the DX02. I would consider selling off my DX02 without the mouths if I could :D But yeah. You're right. I can't say for sure it will happen but in my honest opinion, I believe Hot Toys will come back to this version of Batman again, promising more improvements and realism. Its a hot, steaming plate of garbage they serve us but as collectors, we can't help be suckered in. In a way its become like the annual sports videogame. Released every year, with new improvements, yada yada yada.

:lol:lol Nice analogy. :hi5:

datneck_zpsa398d981.jpg

datneck2_zps853b0528.jpg

Agreed, but i'll reserve my final verdict when i got my figure :D OMG's pics looks great on his Batman :D Indeed, Keaton Batman looks photorealistic my first DX worth it :D

maybe the fact that this is my first Bale Batman i'm be getting(missed out on all the others) I'm overlooking all the negativity over the figure, I think it's a solid 9/10 in terms of Hot Toys quality, it people want to call it a reissue of the DX02 that's fine i guess, and the price is right around what i paid for my Keaton Batman

Back