HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

All these spoilers.....so tempted to click....must resist!

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

God sake, keep the spoilers for the movie thread. Friggin grey bars everywhere.

There'll be even more after i've watched it tomorrow!

Anyone else notice Batman's Hong Kong backpack in his armoury, dispelling the idea that it was his cape in a rigid shape?

That was the idea? I thought it was just his cape in a backpack.

Looking at the DX02 backpack sculpt... it sure wouldn't make sense if it was his cape.

Amazing how I can waffle on this figure so much before the movie but now that I've seen it I must have it. :panic::lol

Amazing how I can waffle on this figure so much before the movie but now that I've seen it I must have it. :panic::lol

feel the same way .

Anyone else notice Batman's Hong Kong backpack in his armoury, dispelling the idea that it was his cape in a rigid shape?

I always assumed that it was a back pack rather than his cloak specifically folded into that shape (especially since even in the DX02 description it says that its a back pack). But even if it is his cape it makes sense because his cape is made from memory cloth, therefore for it to be in that shape he would have needed to use a new cape for that rather than the one that he normally uses.

There's no such thing as memory cloth. You know that, right?

Actually there is. I was watching Batman Begins the other day and got curious about his gadgets and started Googling. It doesn't work QUITE like what's in the movies, but such a thing exists.

Well before there was some talk of HT possibly making a Battle Damaged Batman figure but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Glad I have this pre-ordered!

Spoiler Spoiler:

So i was taking a closer look at the Hi-res pics and noticed something that I'm surprised no one picked up on before the SDCC picks: the whole thing about the foot and leg sleeve that make up the boot. With all the red/yellow circles and arrows and over analyzing of this thing how could ppl not see it in the official pics. Take a look bellow. These pics clearly show it.

Leg sleeve is completely turned sideways while the foot is faced forward in both of these pics
dx12-04.jpg

Hot-Toys-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Batman-Bruce-Bruce-Wayne-Collectible-Figure_PR5.jpg

I know that this isn't anything new and I'm not trying to say it is. I'm just surprised that no one picked up on it sooner :lol

Hot-Toys-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Batman-Bruce-Bruce-Wayne-Collectible-Figure_PR5.jpg

I know that this isn't anything new and I'm not trying to say it is. I'm just surprised that no one picked up on it sooner :lol

Hmmm that second pic makes his legs look short. Hope it's just me. Got it pre-ordered and I''m not going to turn back now.

There's no such thing as memory cloth. You know that, right?

Well I haven't really looked into that so I can't argue whether there is such a thing as memory cloth or not, but I know there is a type of metal (or mixture of metals mixed together to form it) that has memory abilities. I don't quite remember how it is made but i remember that there is a way to make it remember a shape and then if you bend it you can bring it back into the original shape by heating it.

Edit: it's called shape-memory alloy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape-memory_alloy

Back