HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I can see where the DCD comments are coming from. Now that I've seen that critique, I can't not see the resemblance.

It's an improvement over the DX 02, sure, but it hasn't wowed me like the DX 02 did back in 2009/2010 either. That offering was much more impressive.

This figure looks weird, I appreciate the construction of the suit and them experimenting with non-rubber suits but I'm definitely waiting for in hand pics for this one.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

He thinks they do it on purpose to frustrate you, it really doesn't take much to frustrate the DC section.

Think about it. Criticism on futzing now. :lol

The cape futzing is perfect in those pics. The fault lies in the cape construction. The way it attaches with the big bulky clips + the material used = ugly on the shoulders.

I fully expected that though, and am totally fine with using one of my custom capes.

Yes, but some others can't seem to work out the difference between prepared shots and people that put it on display quickly. Who really can't be bothered to faff around having it sit nicely.

Somebody turns up at a display, takes some shots then it's, zomg on a forum!

Apart from that, how do you know it's using those clasps?

I think it has the same clips/clasps as the DX02, because when installed wrong (not slipped under the chest armor) the clips made the cape stand up exactly like this on the DX02:

431871_394952503900079_329325045_n.jpg

With the custom capes you can do the same thing, when rushing it. Only difference is, it's not getting pushed up from the back of the figure.

To get the customs in place you have to use some kind of tool to jam the cape in place. Can't imagine Hot Toys using that design for the stock cape instead of clips.

I used thin plastic, so it wouldn't slip back out. But here's another for the easily frustrated, vertical neck and no V on the cape. !1

I think it has the same clips/clasps as the DX02, because when installed wrong (not slipped under the chest armor) the clips made the cape stand up exactly like this on the DX02:

431871_394952503900079_329325045_n.jpg

Not surprising. Those clips were always a pain to put in...for me anyway. I can't see HT doing anything without using clips, but I hope they'll be easier to put in with this one.

The cape seems like it has been improved, it's not just a piece of cloth now, but still there is no 'weight' to it. Definitely getting a custom velvet cape.

Wait... just to get this straight.
Are some people actually saying they like the rubber suit better than this?
That is surprising, to say the least.
I find this solution looks much better, is more accurate, allows for better articulation and is probably more durable to boot.

I'm excited to see the intricacies of the suit. It looks like a technological marvel bringing the same 1:1 principle to 1/6.

Now the thing is I'm also not sure if from the neck down if it looks better than dx02. There are some images where the suit looks weird, some shots, the figure looks chunky or just not as cool as the dx02.
I'm sure it's probably just a matter of futzing, it's just I'm not completely sold the body looks better than dx02.
Im excited to get the figure tho cause of the The BW sculpt, the nice upgraded belt, neck, and wider sculpt, and seeing the suit with the separate mesh.
Overall, if there is still one batman figure to pick, this would be it.

Looks awesome there. :D

Still wish SSC's were posing these though, not the DC guys.

LOL you do realise this is a real person in a Batsuit. To be exact its the theme park Batsuit. I have a full version like this myself.

Lol I thought it was BIG DADDY for a minute

I am wondering if this will support the DX02 backpack or have magnetic belt to hold the sticky bomb gun too.

My bad, forgot this came with the sticky gun too.

Last edited:

Getting this for posability, still think DX02 looks a little sleeker.

This is way better than rubber suit.

The pics from Comic-Con definitely sell Batman better, he will look amazing along side Joker and Bane

Still mad because of the boots :sadpanda:

Back