HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

3. The Eyes- It seems that it would be best to make the eyes smaller, but since this is a DX, the PERS needs bigger eyes.

I wouldn't have minded had they done away with PERS on this one. Perhaps Keaton Batman needed it because you can't turn his head but the whole point of the TDK suit Batman is that his head can turn. You can have him looking around without necessarily needing his eyes to be turned.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

I wouldn't have minded had they done away with PERS on this one. Perhaps Keaton Batman needed it because you can't turn his head but the whole point of the TDK suit Batman is that his head can turn. You can have him looking around without necessarily needing his eyes to be turned.

How dare you speak such evil!

Finally, thanks to the new pics I have the perfect angle to compare the cowl features.

zfoUU.gif
That's a great comparison!

I think this figure is a total failure so far.
Based on the proto pics and now these display pics, it's ugly as hell.
The detail is there but the proportions and structural improvements make it fat and weird. IMO.
Still better dan UU Luke :wink1:

I think it has the least likeness of the HT DK Bats
Still better dan DX02 in soooo many ways.

Accuracy >>>> articulation for me
Custom statues for ya den :wink1:

just pre-ordered a Tumbler to go with this guy :) gonna make an epic display to counter my Avengers team

It's just not posed right.

The pose definitely looks like anoos, but I don't think that's affecting the cowl and giving him giraffe neck.

Reminds me of the DC Direct version released back in 2008 that I bought for only $20 and subsequently sold for $40 lol..
431871_394952503900079_329325045_n.jpg

I'm left speechless by your post.

Anyway, I think the eyes look fine here. I don't know if they look like Bales but they look good. Great pic.

Why the hell can they not make a cape that looks somewhat decent on these batman figures? Surely a company like hot toys can make a cape or a function that lets the cape look better. It is like they do it on purpose or something to frustrate us.

Why the hell can they not make a cape that looks somewhat decent on these batman figures? Surely a company like hot toys can make a cape or a function that lets the cape look better. It is like they do it on purpose or something to frustrate us.

It's frustrating, isn't it? I feel like either HT is really dense or they are just willfully ignorant.

What'll it take? Someone to walk up to their HQ with a megaphone and yell out: "hey, your capes suck."

In Chinese.

It's frustrating, isn't it? I feel like either HT is really dense or they are just willfully ignorant.

What'll it take? Someone to walk up to their HQ with a megaphone and yell out: "hey, your capes suck."

In Chinese.

While wearing Enterbat clothing

Lets do this.

Void, suit up.

Reminds me of the DC Direct version released back in 2008 that I bought for only $20 and subsequently sold for $40 lol..
431871_394952503900079_329325045_n.jpg
I'm left speechless by your post.

In fairness, there is at least one major similarity. They both have plastic armor over fabric. The DC Direct figure was the first thing I thought of when I saw this, and I'm still working to shake that. In the case of the abs in particular the armor seems so separate from him because of the plastic over fabric thing. They don't feel like part of the suit to me the way they did on the DX02.

:lecture :rotfl

Wait,

this figure is now being compared to the frankenstein DC Direct 13" figure. :horror

I've made the comparison several times. :lol

:chase

Cape looks fine here ...

552263_10150915279897344_1659899799_n.jpg

and here ...

292370_10150915280737344_1472466943_n.jpg

and here ...

eSJrhXHbkqiChRIjOPfPTw.jpg

The cape pictures from SDCC just need to be adjusted by someone that knows what they're doing.

SnakeDoc

Cape looks fine here ...

Certainly much better. But it's still too puffy on the shoulders, and needs to be velvet. I'll still be using one of my custom capes.

He thinks they do it on purpose to frustrate you, it really doesn't take much to frustrate the DC section.

Think about it. Criticism on futzing now. :lol

Back