HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

My .02 about the cowls.
if you're sticking with ht, the armory is the way to go. It fixed the badly released dx12 and is a major major improvement.

Unfortunately, for people like me, even with the improved cowl, I can't overlook the fact that the cowl is too thin.
If you can overlook it, it's great cause it is a beautiful cowl.
If you can't, it's hard to appreciate the figure cause I was always drawn to it.
Ben's isn't perfect, but it's the same quality as a hot toys, and it improved the major nitpick I have, and that now, it looks like there's a head that can fit inside that cowl.
And it's not just a matter of just being too wide otherwise I would have just picked up s widened medicom cowl.
Ben's looks really cool in hand, and it made me appreciate my dx12 a lot more.

But if the size of the cowl doesn't bother you, the armory is a great cowl.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Someone needs to do a digital overlay or something because I'm sure the HT version has the correct proportions :lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

QS001 seems to have that issue too. Sometimes it looks spot on, other times it just doesnt. My main gripe with it is how long and pointy the nose is...it for sure isn't like that on the actual cowl.

After you mentioned the v2 sidious I found Ben on Instagram. He posted the v2 protos of TDK and BB just this past week and they are looking NUTS! Thanks for the heads up. :duff

Here:

https://instagram.com/crazyman6819

No problemo, had a look also, that new neck feature is looking the business.

Thanks for the heads up bud. Wonder why he won't post here anymore. He can generate more interest posting it here.

Thanks for the link bud.
Man, that's looking cool. And he's making the neck also. Nice!

No sweet pal.

Maybe he does but I have not seen him on here in a while. Maybe he has a limited run thing going on now maybe? I don't know :dunno :lol

I had this Medicom sculpt lying around and just recently had the chance to get it widened, magnetized and repainted by the help of my friend Liuskusuma. Body mods were done by him as well.

Hope you like it :wave

View attachment 268532View attachment 268533View attachment 268534

Nice head sculpt pal. :clap

My .02 about the cowls.
if you're sticking with ht, the armory is the way to go. It fixed the badly released dx12 and is a major major improvement.

Unfortunately, for people like me, even with the improved cowl, I can't overlook the fact that the cowl is too thin.
If you can overlook it, it's great cause it is a beautiful cowl.
If you can't, it's hard to appreciate the figure cause I was always drawn to it.
Ben's isn't perfect, but it's the same quality as a hot toys, and it improved the major nitpick I have, and that now, it looks like there's a head that can fit inside that cowl.
And it's not just a matter of just being too wide otherwise I would have just picked up s widened medicom cowl.
Ben's looks really cool in hand, and it made me appreciate my dx12 a lot more.

But if the size of the cowl doesn't bother you, the armory is a great cowl.

100% :exactly: :goodpost: :hi5:

QS001 seems to have that issue too. Sometimes it looks spot on, other times it just doesnt. My main gripe with it is how long and pointy the nose is...it for sure isn't like that on the actual cowl.

Yeah, I think the head looks the weirdest head-on. From the side, however, it looks great.

I'm wondering if it is worth trying to get one of these. I've been collecting since November and started out with mainly Star Wars but decided to get a choice few figures that I missed out on. I picked up the DX06 and the DX13.

This one I'm on the fence. I love the Nolan Batman series but this figure seems to need a ton of modding to get right ontop of already being pretty expensive. I could go the armory route and try and get a tony mei cape (Can you still get these?) but it seems to be pretty difficult to find a Batman only Armory set.

I'd also love to get a DX11 but it seems impossibly hard to find at a price that isn't insane.

You just have to keep your eyes peeled, and don't buy the first listing you see. I've seen DX12s for $250, and DX11s for under $400.

Join the Facebook BST groups, a lot of good deals on those.

People are way too over the top with their need to mod this figure. Apart from the head (just swap it for the armoury version) it looks fantastic. Even the stock cape can look good if you spend some time adjusting it.

What is the difference accesory wise between the Armory and DX12? I know the DX12 has the Bale headsculpt and the stand but i'm not sure what the difference is otherwise. The DX12 also has the PERS system for the eyes, the armory cowl doesn't right?

What is the difference accesory wise between the Armory and DX12? I know the DX12 has the Bale headsculpt and the stand but i'm not sure what the difference is otherwise. The DX12 also has the PERS system for the eyes, the armory cowl doesn't right?

I'm pretty sure the armory headsculpt has PERS.

The Armory version has most of the DX12 accessories, minus the Bale headsculpt and EMP gun.

If you plan on harvesting the armory for accessories, then it comes with a ton of little knickknacks. The description lists:

Weapons:
- One (1) surudoi saw
- One (1) nunchuck
- One (1) cutter
- Two (2) smoke bombs
- Three (3) sticky-bomb guns
- Three (3) grappling guns
- Three (3) Batarangs for attaching to utility belt
- Four (4) mini mines
- Six (6) ninja spikes
- Eight (8) Batarangs

Accessories:
- One (1) set of wire
- One (1) antidote injector
- One (1) drill
- One (1) set of drill bits
- One (1) big hook
- Two (2) holders for Batarangs attachable to utility belt
- Three (3) utility belts
- Three (3) gun holders
- Three (3) holders attachable to utility belt
- Four (4) hooks
- Five (5) sets of grappling gun clips
- Fourteen (14) mini canisters
- Fifteen (15) pouches
- Twenty seven (27) rounds of ammo
- Armory stand with movie logo

And the DX12 has:

Weapons:
- One (1) grapnel gun
- One (1) transformable sticky bomb gun
- One (1) light-up electronic gun
- Two (2) batarangs
- Two (2) mini mines

Accessories:
- One (1) adaptor for connecting Batman and Batpod
- One (1) deluxe stone-like light-up figure stand with steps, Batman/ Bruce Wayne nameplate and the movie logo

Overall I'd recommend getting the armory version, sorting out the pieces from it, and hunting down things like the Bale headsculpt & EMP gun on ebay if you really want them.

Thanks, I might start trying to track down an armory batman. Any idea where to get a tony mei cape for it?

People are way too over the top with their need to mod this figure. Apart from the head (just swap it for the armoury version) it looks fantastic. Even the stock cape can look good if you spend some time adjusting it.

You think the mods on this are excessive? It's nothing compared to the HT ANH Darth Vader figure. That has got to be the most modded HT figure I've ever seen. I mean mods that include moving the helmet less than a millimeter. :lol

As I saw someone in the Star Wars section once state though, it's essentially the yin and the yang of OCD. Some people have OCD to the point where they want their expensive $225 collectible figure to look utterly perfect, so they get a lot of fun and enjoyment out of making things on it as accurate as possible. While the other crowd has OCD to the point where they are afraid to so as much touch or breathe on their figures, lest ruining their expensive $225 collectible figure. :lol

A lot of the time, custom parts look worse than the proper ones. So I don't get the need to do extensive mods. HT tend to get things pretty spot on as it is.

The only change I've made is a Tony Mei cape, looks fantastic. Don't see the need to spend even more for a Choi cowl.

Back