HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Was contemplating selling mine. It's pretty much mint. I've only had it in museum pose since I got it. These still go for decent money?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just purchased a $25 custom cape for this figure off of eBay. I try to keep my figures as stock as possible, but the stock cape that this figure comes with is just hideous in my opinion and doesn't do the figure justice at all. It doesn't lay/sit right at the shoulders and the thing drapes and envelopes the figure like a beach towel.

Nice shots, Sierra. Still one of my favourites too, even with its articulation-related shortcomings.

Not perfect, but just gotta be patient and futz around with and it could still look good. :wink1:

Yeah, yours does look good, dw.

I think the biggest gripe for me with mine is that I can't for the life of me get the cape to sit correctly at the shoulders with the tabs. Instead of lying flush/flat against the shoulders, it simply insists on poofing up. I also fold the side edges of the cape inward a bit so it's not as big and poofy.

image.jpg

Not perfect, but just gotta be patient and futz around with and it could still look good. :wink1:

Oh, it's still capable of some great poses (great example by the way). It's just that the suit restricts it a little at the top of the thighs.

Yeah, yours does look good, dw.

I think the biggest gripe for me with mine is that I can't for the life of me get the cape to sit correctly at the shoulders with the tabs. Instead of lying flush/flat against the shoulders, it simply insists on poofing up. I also fold the side edges of the cape inward a bit so it's not as big and poofy.

View attachment 251012

That does look poofy. Mine sits okay, I think.

c89da5ae8ce6b22be41933ba5539b8a6.jpg

Play around with it a bit, some light pulling here and there, pushing the fabric down, slide the tab insert around to get more parts of the cape to go in the slot, or out, I used tweezers or something thin like the flat part of a flathead screwdriver. Just takes some patience to mess around with it to get the fabric to sit right.

Yeah, yours is fine also, Starscream. Perhaps it's just mine, or something that I'm not doing correctly with the tabs, but I have them seated all the way in and it still poofs. Although even if it sat flush against the shoulders, I still feel the overall size of the cape is a bit too large.

The cape is the only thing keeping my DX12 Bats looking perfect for my taste, so hopefully the custom cape will change that. It's apparently made of rayon material, which supposedly makes it look a bit more accurate than the velvet cape, especially in light, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Play around with it a bit, some light pulling here and there, pushing the fabric down, slide the tab insert around to get more parts of the cape to go in the slot, or out, I used tweezers or something thin like the flat part of a flathead screwdriver. Just takes some patience to mess around with it to get the fabric to sit right.

Thanks. If I for whatever reason don't like the look of the custom cape, I'll see what I can do with the stock cape again, keeping this in mind.

Have you tried ironing it? I've ironed mine a couple of times, it might help yours.

Nope. Just stuck it right in out of the box. :lol

I'll see how the custom looks though. I know a lot of individuals prefer custom capes for TDK/TDKR Batman figures being that they also feel the size of the stock capes are a bit too large.

Nope. Just stuck it right in out of the box. :lol

I'll see how the custom looks though. I know a lot of individuals prefer custom capes for TDK/TDKR Batman figures being that they also feel the size of the stock capes are a bit too large.

I stuck mine in right out of the box, but I think it's okay, I can take some pics after. I saw a lot of custom capes, so I was expecting stock cape to look terrible, but it was actually far better than I had hoped. The tabs actually slot in quite deep.

The customs will drape a lot better, TonyMeis at least, don't know about others. I only got them when I needed it for the look, like his wired cape for my Batpod Batman and the Begins cape that drapes down the front since the stock capes were unable to do that. Otherwise, I just used the stock ones for my extra DX12 and armory Bats. Don't really see the need to spend extra money with figure/statue prices already going up, but otherwise, the customs will definitely look nicer because of the material and cut.

Do you think Hot Toys will make any more Nolanverse Batman figures?

Probably. People still love this universe, as you can tell from the aftermarket prices, anything new would almost certainly sell well. I think it'd be pretty cool to see some updated Dark Knight figures at some point in the future.

Probably. People still love this universe, as you can tell from the aftermarket prices, anything new would almost certainly sell well. I think it'd be pretty cool to see some updated Dark Knight figures at some point in the future.
An updated Begins Batman, Harvey Dent 2.0, and a 1/4 Joker would be awesome.

Begins is probably the most desperately needed one, actually. The other two would be really cool too.
I'm hoping/expecting they might do something for TDK's 10th anniversary in 2018, and the Begins suit could actually be a part of that since he wore it for a short time in the film.

An updated Two-Face would be excellent, and a 1/4 Joker would be icing in the cake.

I'm hoping/expecting they might do something for TDK's 10th anniversary in 2018, and the Begins suit could actually be a part of that since he wore it for a short time in the film.

An updated Two-Face would be excellent, and a 1/4 Joker would be icing in the cake.

Oh yeah, that would be fantastic.

I think a new Two-Face would be really popular. Same with the quarter scale Joker, people love that Enterbay one.

I would love a DX Batman Begins. Also an improved Harvey Dent would be great. Can't believe what Dent goes for on ebay these days. I don't expect HT will revisit this but hopefully I will be surprised.

Back