HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

The stand is awful. Looks like polystyrene.

Haven't watched the video yet but I doubt I'll use the stand despite how nice it looks in the pics, I'll be using Batman with Joker 2.0 reenacting the Interrogation scene

Oh and the costumes at HMV are not replicas either

Thank you sir again!

They are so detailed in person.
Shame that i could only get these angles as there was too much sun shining on the window so i had to press my phone right against it.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Batman legs really bother me it look fat.

319393_10150970607092825_695302352_n.jpg

Toy Hunters

It's the camera and the angle it's been shot at.

487692_340105616063978_1261740931_n.jpg

Looks fine at this angle

https://youtu.be/ZZui7p34Enk

Everything looks good to me, amazing figure.

Bump. :exactly:

This thread moves fast

Wow, looking at the intricacies of the 1:1 suit this close - I gotta say, you can't reproduce this in 1:6 scale via mass production. I respect the arguments for accuracy - but help me understand - do you really expect HT to remake this exact design that you see in the pics above with assembly line style production and sell it for $260? There's just no way. Don't get me wrong - it's doable... but we're talking hand-crafting each figure individually over the course of many months. And forget about $260 - try AT LEAST $1000 per figure. I know there are some of you willing to pay that - but HT is a business that's in it to strike a balance between profit and quality. And don't kid yourself that they don't lean more towards the profit part of the equation. So if they released a production run of say 20 figures, they could probably make all your wettest dreams come true. But the truth is, they'll make 1000's in order to do what a business typically wants to do - make money.

Which is why it's silly to argue about the length and distance of certain things between the real suit and the crafted figure. The suit's great. It looks sharper around all the edges giving it a more realistic look to the actual thing.

I did my best at editing to illustrate what I've been saying about the ribs/abs.

I just used photobucket, so nothing fancy. And to be clear, I am shortening both the abs and the ribs a little:

Before

Ribs.png

Actual

realribs.png

After

Ribsedit.jpg

Guess I'm the only one who cares about the ribs. :lol

Because they used Advanced body.

FIG-DOL-2124.jpg

I guaranty those aren't the legs under the suit. No way are the giant thigh adapters on.

It's the camera and the angle it's been shot at.

487692_340105616063978_1261740931_n.jpg

Looks fine at this angle

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Nope. :D Your manip shows exactly how they should be and evens out the entire flow of the suit.

But like I said if they fix it, awesome if they don't, it's not an issue that will bug me. :D

How did you do all that in photobucket? I'm still getting used to pixlr.

Just used the "doodle" tool to scribble black over the ribs/abs. :D

Oh wow. :lol

Excellent doodling skills. :lecture

I can't find the circles and boxes stickers you seem to be using though.

Oh, the circles, arrows, and boxes I just do in preview on my Mac. :wave

Same with my "MaglorTheFreak" watermark.

I'd like to see if fixed on the final version but it doesnt look horrible as it is and i could live with it unchanged. If HT go to town fixing all the nitpicks that would be great, but as it is it's a very nice figure.

My one gripe that i hope they fix is the lower area of the cowl isn't wide enough. And neither is the mouth opening in the cowl.

Just used the "doodle" tool to scribble black over the ribs/abs. :D

Maglor, the more you post it, the more I see it. Now, hit up Facebook and spread the Gospel of accuracy! :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

Oh, the circles, arrows, and boxes I just do in preview on my Mac. :wave

Same with my "MaglorTheFreak" watermark.

I still need to learn how to use preview like that.

I'd like to see if fixed on the final version but it doesnt look horrible as it is and i could live with it unchanged. If HT go to town fixing all the nitpicks that would be great, but as it is it's a very nice figure.

Agree with you here.

Is there a confirmation that the mouth expression has been changed? Cos in the pic there is an open and angry mouth on the table and there seems to be like a definite neutral/slightly upset face on Batman. :D

It's probably the same expression... but we won't know until someone takes a PROPER close-up picture.

In any event these pictures prove the official HT ones were terrible :lol

Back