HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

What is the Armory cowl ?

It's the cowl that comes with the Batman Armory figure. Its eyes are a bit more "squinty" than the DX12's and the area around the eyes is fully painted black unlike the DX12's.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

And waaaay better mouth plates. Im tempted, but the Medi is still the best imo. Which is what I use.

The belt without the compartments is an utter piece of crap. The back part where the two ends snap together well...don't snaps together. It just barely does but it will not stay together. I have to use putty. Does anyone else have this problem?

HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Spec...

Nowhere near. While not as polished, the Medi cowl is the closest you'll get to Bale in 1/6 IMO. Only surpassed by the superior QS001.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Spec...

Nowhere near. While not as polished, the Medi cowl is the closest you'll get to Bale in 1/6 IMO. Only surpassed by the superior QS001.

Man you must be blind. The medi head is ridiculously oversized and that mouth plate looks like a 'tard that's been to the dentist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the medi cowl looks pretty good,might be slightly oversized but then again the HT cowl is a little to small imo. It's the medi mouth plate that i think is awful cartoony looking and nowhere near to the superior new armory plates in a likeness to bale. All preference at the end of the day

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Spec...

Man you must be blind. The medi head is ridiculously oversized and that mouth plate looks like a 'tard that's been to the dentist.

What? :lol "Ridiculously oversized". If that's not hyperbole I don't know what is. It's not oversized, let alone "ridiculously" so. People have gotten used to looking at that undersized DX12 cowl. I can't speak on the armory version. First time I've ever hear the 'tard comment either. I think excellent likeness to Bale, it's just not that mouth ajar or derp look people have become to accustomed to. And even if it didn't have any likeness to it I don't know where you're getting the 'tard idea. Moreover, the cowl itself is as about as accurate as you can get. The sculpting on the DX12 and 1/4 are still wrong. And do we really have to go the "you're blind" comment route? :lol I thought people grew out of that nonsense.

I'd have to strongly disagree...

What? :lol "Ridiculously oversized". If that's not hyperbole I don't know what is. It's not oversized, let alone "ridiculously" so. People have gotten used to looking at that undersized DX12 cowl. I can't speak on the armory version. First time I've ever hear the 'tard comment either. I think excellent likeness to Bale, it's just not that mouth ajar or derp look people have become to accustomed to. And even if it didn't have any likeness to it I don't know where you're getting the 'tard idea. Moreover, the cowl itself is as about as accurate as you can get. The sculpting on the DX12 and 1/4 are still wrong. And do we really have to go the "you're blind" comment route? :lol I thought people grew out of that nonsense.

:goodpost::exactly:

I now have the Armory Cowl on my modded DX12 figure and its a HUGE improvement. Pics up soon of my now completed Batman. :rotfl

the likeness looks great on this one

Some pics of my modded to hell DX12 with his new Armory cowl -

I don't own it, but doesn't the Medi head have a smooth finish? That alone makes it more accurate than HT's myriad efforts.

Hey guys, I have a question for you. The right shoulder pad on my DX12 looks loosen respect to the left one. Actually, I don't know if this is a problem with my figure or its a common issue, but can someone give me any tip to fix it?

Adding some pictures:

left shoulder

IMG_3349.jpg

right shoulder

IMG_3354.jpg

That slang word for a handicapped person is both insensitive and bigoted. Class act.

I like the fiend's Medi cowl as far as the shape goes. I have the 1/4, the armory bats, DX 12, and I used to have the MMS 71. My only gripe with these figures is that these figures look awesome in pictures(especially the ones from Mr. Elljay on the 1/4 Batman) but in hand, they just don't look the same in real life. I have 20/20 vision, but I am just not impressed with Hot Toys take on Nolan's Batman!

I like the fiend's Medi cowl as far as the shape goes. I have the 1/4, the armory bats, DX 12, and I used to have the MMS 71. My only gripe with these figures is that these figures look awesome in pictures(especially the ones from Mr. Elljay on the 1/4 Batman) but in hand, they just don't look the same in real life. I have 20/20 vision, but I am just not impressed with Hot Toys take on Nolan's Batman!

Maybe a change of lighting, changing up your setup or display would help?

Back