HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

For me, cape over the shoulders is synonymous with the first two Burton Batmen and Batman Begins. For TDK and TDKR, I just want a stock cape that looks like this. Someday, HT, someday?

tdk.JPEG

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

For me, cape over the shoulders is synonymous with the first two Burton Batmen and Batman Begins. For TDK and TDKR, I just want a stock cape that looks like this. Someday, HT, someday?

Buy some thin black material (about £5 for half a metre). Use the HT cape as a template and cut around it. Boom.

uploadimage

Buy some thin black material (about £5 for half a metre). Use the HT cape as a template and cut around it. Boom.

uploadimage

Definitely. The first and best high-end Batman cape - the Takara Batman cape - was very thin material and it draped beautifully.

It can be done with futzing.

Here's mine currently waiting for his new armory head to arrive. :wink1: (everything stock)

19d4ea696e0bff04fb319365a71da010.jpg

0e9e389a3f8b0f9ea31fac088bdfbbc0.jpg

Would removing the wires help? They're supposed to smooth the cape down but actually they seem to do the opposite on my armoury Bats.

Would removing the wires help? They're supposed to smooth the cape down but actually they seem to do the opposite on my armoury Bats.

The material, though, at least to me, doesn't look right. I think some guys have advocated using rayon? I don't know if Tony Mei uses that material in his customs.

I'd much rather forego the custom route and make my own, saving me 50 or 60 bucks, but I'm none too confident in my abilities as a seamster.

I would probably hire my mom or sister instead of buying Mei capes. Lol. Rayon huh? I'll try look for those. Btw, you guys really make this guy look natural in a neutral pose. I couldn't do it on the damn base. The legs don't hold well at the level difference.

I'd much rather forego the custom route and make my own, saving me 50 or 60 bucks, but I'm none too confident in my abilities as a seamster.

So what? It costs 5 bucks and would be a great learning experience to develop a new skill.

Best-case scenario: You get a great-looking custom cape for 5 bucks.

Worst-case scenario: You screw it up, are out a mere 5 bucks, and have learned how not to do it - so your skills have improved, and for another 5 bucks, you can give it another go with a higher chance of success.

Seriously, it couldn't be easier - just buy some fabric and cut it into the shape you want (based on the existing HT cape or a pattern you draw yourself). Why would you spend 60 bucks for it?

The best part is, you'll be developing confidence and skills which will help you when you're ready to move on to more difficult enhancements for your figures - which will only make them look even better!

So what? It costs 5 bucks and would be a great learning experience to develop a new skill.

Best-case scenario: You get a great-looking custom cape for 5 bucks.

Worst-case scenario: You screw it up, are out a mere 5 bucks, and have learned how not to do it - so your skills have improved, and for another 5 bucks, you can give it another go with a higher chance of success.

Seriously, it couldn't be easier - just buy some fabric and cut it into the shape you want (based on the existing HT cape or a pattern you draw yourself). Why would you spend 60 bucks for it?

The best part is, you'll be developing confidence and skills which will help you when you're ready to move on to more difficult enhancements for your figures - which will only make them look even better!

I feel like a fast-food drone sitting at the feet of Julia Child. Thank you! :lol

It really is easy Yankee. Ive actually made a cardboard template because its easier to trace. Oh, and even if you mess up a little bit you won't even notice when its hanging.

It really is easy Yankee. Ive actually made a cardboard template because its easier to trace. Oh, and even if you mess up a little bit you won't even notice when its hanging.

Thanks, man. Tony makes some very nice capes, but I'd much rather put $60 toward a figure.

Thanks, man. Tony makes some very nice capes, but I'd much rather put $60 toward a figure.
I hear ya. And I'm not knocking Tony either. While they're certainly too expensive for me I get why he charges what he does, I've owned one. Still, its only a damn cape. :lol

I hear ya. And I'm not knocking Tony either. While they're certainly too expensive for me I get why he charges what he does, I've owned one. Still, its only a damn cape. :lol

And something HT should have done right, the first time. We're on, what, the fourth Batman and still the same chintzy cape. :lol

And something HT should have done right, the first time. We're on, what, the fourth Batman and still the same chintzy cape. :lol
It truly is a head scratcher. :lol And the thing is these cape that we make, like the ones iforigno offers would actually save HT money. :lol The ones HT offers are double layer with two different fabrics stitched together.

It truly is a head scratcher. :lol And the thing is these cape that we make, like the ones iforigno offers would actually save HT money. :lol The ones HT offers are double layer with two different fabrics stitched together.

It's just occurred to me - could this be something to do with the licensing? Like, the actual screen cape is like this and they're contractually obliged to have to replicate it as a standard part of their contract with WB? Just wondering.

It's just occurred to me - could this be something to do with the licensing? Like, the actual screen cape is like this and they're contractually obliged to have to replicate it as a standard part of their contract with WB? Just wondering.

Looks like they ignored this idea when creating the cowl.

HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Spec...

Has anyone tried this? I like the new Batman from the DK Armory but since I don't want to buy another DK Batman, I purchased a loose mouth plate from the DK Armory set on ebay, and replaced the stock mouth piece of the DX12. The mouth fits ok and I think he looks more Christian Bale-ish now, even though the mouth plate looked off at first glance.

cdbe146bca6c53c7eac73a7e700cabd5.jpg

ad60446f0dc5086a6147c58f2c9f07bf.jpg

7c0d135e6f6727bdb378c2403dedb663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the armory mouthplates fit fine on the DX12 cowl? I plan on getting a custom sonar cowl that can fit the DX12 mouth plates on it so I want to see if the armory ones fit as well so I can use those.

Back