HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Its comicon today guys, hopefully Hot TOys will release a big update regarding their lines, maybe even bane or catwoman reveal?!

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

what people are highlighting as problems at the moment are non-existant.

Bat symbol head on the chest is wrong, there's no question about it. They may have changed it but can't see from these pics. And they may still change it.

Collarbone kevlar is wrong, that's simply black and white, the shape is completely off.

Lines on the cowl are not accurate.

The issues very much exist. :dunno

VOID

Are you telling me that the costumes are at hmv on Oxford street?

Yep,in the window. Or at least replicas

Oh and the costumes at HMV are not replicas either

Yupp, these are the actual screen used costumes (multiples were used for each character I imagine, these are just one of the many)

I found this picture of the DX02 on Facebook. THIS is why the DX12 suit owns on the 02.

558217_496569197027352_2145693603_n.jpg

Only thing I'm little concerned is that even with new DX12 suit, the part that comes in contact with the belt is also rubber. It looks like the new suit is rubber parts with fabric underneath? Rubber can become easlily degraded with anything it touches.

It happens.

This doesn't stop people from buying tires. :dunno
hrdp_1103_03_o+how_to_drive_on_two_wheels+cracked_tires.jpg

Jesus christ that guy must be rubbing the thing off. These are figures, not tyres, it shouldn't turn into that.

Jesus christ that guy must be rubbing the thing off. These are figures, not tyres, it shouldn't turn into that.

im sure its some defected versions, / lots of posing batpod mounting...

I pretty much keep mine in a static , standing looking straight at me looking MEAN AS ____ POSE!

This fig need to fix.

487692_340105616063978_1261740931_n.jpg

credit to photographer

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Agreed.

The cape is actually decent!

I am absolutely loving the cowl in these shots. Perfect.

Cowl look fine in that shot but body proportion doesn't look good at all.

im sure its some defected versions, / lots of posing batpod mounting...

I pretty much keep mine in a static , standing looking straight at me looking MEAN AS ____ POSE!

Really? Posing him on the bat-pod creates this issue? :thud:

I guess I will only be posing the DX12 or future Catmwoman on it then. Provided the Catwoman outfit is not rubber :lecture

I still have all my Batman's in box, due to no displaying options at the moment. I guess I should take them out to check if they are defected. :dunno

im sure they are fine if they're boxed. im in moving limbo at the moment too so i only have my dx02 on display right now... :(

Look at the right side of the abs, same space you are talking about, but they are not touching.

Just the way they posed it maybe? :dunno

uuu2.jpg

You picked about the only picture that gives the impression that the ribs and abs don't meet (on both sides - left and right). The reason the illusion of adequate space is there is that the abs are so stiff. If they were curving more with the torso, they would be almost right up against the ribs.

Wow, looking at the intricacies of the 1:1 suit this close - I gotta say, you can't reproduce this in 1:6 scale via mass production. I respect the arguments for accuracy - but help me understand - do you really expect HT to remake this exact design that you see in the pics above with assembly line style production and sell it for $260? There's just no way. Don't get me wrong - it's doable... but we're talking hand-crafting each figure individually over the course of many months. And forget about $260 - try AT LEAST $1000 per figure. I know there are some of you willing to pay that - but HT is a business that's in it to strike a balance between profit and quality. And don't kid yourself that they don't lean more towards the profit part of the equation. So if they released a production run of say 20 figures, they could probably make all your wettest dreams come true. But the truth is, they'll make 1000's in order to do what a business typically wants to do - make money.

Shortening the ribs a little would be a very easy fix.

What? Take a look at the figure and the actual suit side-by-side. Hot Toys did a pretty damn good job. There's not much I see on the figure that they didn't replicate. They actually have a fabric suit with the correct individual pieces of armor. They even did the translucent armor sections. The stuff they got wrong is actually easily fixable compared to what they already put into making this figure.

For the most part, I agree.

That's why I love the Medi neck with the Wayne head.

IMG_0267.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful shot.

Love the space between abs and ribs on the Medi. It's almost too much space, but that's better than too little imo.

I think the torso needs to be just a little wider to allow for that space and to look better proportioned with the legs

I'm right outside HMV right now looking at the actual film suits :lol
(yes I know it's on a mannequin and not Bale's body)

Back