HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I bought one from this guy too ($269 + $30 shipping, right?). I e-mailed him as soon as I saw that the listing was cancelled (after I'd already paid). He responded with the tracking # that he entered in PayPal. Just checked & mine is being delivered to someone in Decatur, GA. I contacted him gain & he's looking into it. As he had about 10 DX12s listed, I'm hoping he just mixed up the tracking numbers. If not, I'll be opening a case with ebay as well.

Just FYI, a member in another thread had also purchased from this seller and stated he received a T-shirt. :(

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

They must have some way to profit from this, otherwise why do it in the first place if a refund is offered to the buyer? Does anyone know if they can use the money between the time of purchase/payment and the complaint/case opening? How do they get away from such scams?

They must have some way to profit from this, otherwise why do it in the first place if a refund is offered to the buyer? Does anyone know if they can use the money between the time of purchase/payment and the complaint/case opening? How do they get away from such scams?

Hacked paypal account and/or ebay account. Sell, collect, withdraw before the funds are frozen/refunded. Repeat with new account(s). To make it convincing, the thief should only list the same types of items normally sold by that hacked account. Otherwise would-be buyers might get worried when someone who has exclusively sold glow sticks is suddenly listing 20 auctions at a time for Hot Toys.

Last edited:

I bought one from this guy too ($269 + $30 shipping, right?). I e-mailed him as soon as I saw that the listing was cancelled (after I'd already paid). He responded with the tracking # that he entered in PayPal. Just checked & mine is being delivered to someone in Decatur, GA. I contacted him gain & he's looking into it. As he had about 10 DX12s listed, I'm hoping he just mixed up the tracking numbers. If not, I'll be opening a case with ebay as well.
Yup sounds like the same guy I bought it from. Ebay refunded my miney within 2 hours after opening case.

Just FYI, a member in another thread had also purchased from this seller and stated he received a T-shirt. :(

I've had a bad feeling about this ever since ebay yanked the listing, but I decided to wait and see if the DX12 actually arrived before opening an ebay case. If it is a scam, it's difficult to understand why the guy has bothered to answer my e-mails and provide a tracking number. And what's the point in actually shipping something else to the U.S.? It's not as if a tracking number was required in order for PayPal to process the payment. I'll wait for the seller's response with respect to the erroneous tracking number. If he doesn't have a new one that indicates it's headed my way, I'll file my claim with ebay.

So who are these scammers really stealing from, Paypal? eBay? If buyers get their refunds and the scammers get away with money, who's at loss?

If it is a scam, it's difficult to understand why the guy has bothered to answer my e-mails and provide a tracking number. And what's the point in actually shipping something else to the U.S.?

In a scam situation this is done to string along the mark so they don't file a claim causing funds to be frozen during the discussion period prior to a claim. String along multiple people to make sure the window to collect and withdraw funds is maximized before the whole account it suspended.

So who are these scammers really stealing from, Paypal? eBay? If buyers get their refunds and the scammers get away with money, who's at loss?

PayPal who will have to raise fees to cover costs. Legitimate customers of PayPal who will have to pay higher fees and undergo even tighter controls to run their legitimate businesses. The owner of a hacked account, losing reputation, possibly some funds. Buyers if they don't follow the complaint guidelines properly, including the time to file.

mezarudu.jpg

edy3a7a9.jpg

uvyme7a6.jpg

ve7uhydu.jpg

yqy2emyj.jpg

enevajyb.jpg

umu8enyq.jpg

eqe2e8ys.jpg

yzesupu6.jpg

u5u2yve9.jpg

 Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk 

Agreed! Great pictures!

For the Hot Toy's pros - I was wondering today...How many DX12's do you think Hot Toys produced and ultimately sold?

More than 1 and less than 500,000

:rotfl

Just Kidding!- HT is close to vest on production - NO ONE seems to know outside of HT

More than 1 and less than 500,000

:rotfl

Just Kidding!- HT is close to vest on production - NO ONE seems to know outside of HT

Haha! I would really love to know how many figures they sell. Guess they wouldn't release sale statistics as that would possibly effect prices of their figures?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

so i am late to the party on this one..sold out ??

As far as I can tell... Yes. Haven't seen it for sale at a reasonable price for a very long time now.

@ Gothic Soul - Love the pics!!! :clap

It sold out in early February at all the usual suspects. A small number of stragglers the next month. Most offers after that point were scalper-like prices on twice-resold stock.

If you didn't hop on the SSC restock in February your out of luck. This thing went up is value very quickly, even with all the units that were available. Even in February, directly before SSC announced they would have more, it was being sold for $320-$350 range. Didn't it cone out in November or something?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I just got mine for 315$ shipped on evilbay. I hope you can find one at a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

so i am late to the party on this one..sold out ??

I missed on this one too brother. Sucks. Shld have just ordered back then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Removed my batteries from the Emp gun. Light was a bit weak but I am struggling to find replacement batteries in a local store due to them being so small.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Back