Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is exactly the problem right here.

The reason these threads devolve into these nasty fights, that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread, is because people like you KNOWINGLY flaunt the rules and post stuff that has no business here.

This is the MMS DX11 thread, not the $8000 custom Joker head thread.

You knew this wasn't the right place, but you did it anyway - you thought the rules don't apply to you, that your desire was more important. You have no one else to blame for this huge mess but yourself. Why do you think those rules were created in the first place?

I have no problem seeing or discussing these custom Joker projects, but they should be where they belong -in custom Joker figure threads.

Thiat stuff belongs in this thread just as much as Darth Vader and Iron Man stuff belongs here.

you are right about the rules and i apologise but when i posted this at first was together with my dx11 figure , thats all. i really dont care if guys like it or not , my point was the person that mention about my "insanity" or even said that how come someone can stand on a relationship with someone that spend this amount of cash on a "doll" head. and if im not wrong i saw many customs during this thread from cheap ebay heads to Owen and other artists and simply didnt see a issue posing with a dx11 figure!

Last edited:
The main issue I have with it is, if you go back 3-4 years, you had posts from Adam (no I can't locate them but trust me, it stuck with me for a reason) trying to pass off the whole moral route of why he wouldn't sell joker heads anymore and CERTAINLY would not do a general run of them because of the fact they were unlicensed and he 'felt bad' at ripping off the studio etc.

He was still selling them under the radar then and to find out he is now for that much? Sickening. Absolute hypocrite.

This is exactly the problem right here.

The reason these threads devolve into these nasty fights, that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread, is because people like you KNOWINGLY flaunt the rules and post stuff that has no business here.

This is the MMS DX11 thread, not the $8000 custom Joker head thread.

You knew this wasn't the right place, but you did it anyway - you thought the rules don't apply to you, that your desire was more important. You have no one else to blame for this huge mess but yourself. Why do you think those rules were created in the first place?

I have no problem seeing or discussing these custom Joker projects, but they should be where they belong -in custom Joker figure threads.

Thiat stuff belongs in this thread just as much as Darth Vader and Iron Man stuff belongs here.

Ha ha! Epic! This post just made my afternoon!

It's still available for PO on eBay, Jim - Seller/store "wzlucky1983" has a few slots left. I've bought some HT parts from them for various custom projects & have always received authentic, quality merchandise.

The main issue I have with it is, if you go back 3-4 years, you had posts from Adam (no I can't locate them but trust me, it stuck with me for a reason) trying to pass off the whole moral route of why he wouldn't sell joker heads anymore and CERTAINLY would not do a general run of them because of the fact they were unlicensed and he 'felt bad' at ripping off the studio etc.

Yeah but did anyone seriously ever believe him when he said that was the reason he wouldn't make anymore?

He was still selling them under the radar then and to find out he is now for that much? Sickening. Absolute hypocrite.

Yes he is but what is worse is that he was fishing for prices, he knocked back a lot of high offers (I have my sources) until someone offered him 6.5 K, which became the new price for this head. So this head went up in value from $2500 to $6500 just after it was released, how anyone here can justify that is beyond me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys did release a 3.0 TDK Joker but it better have rooted instead of sculpted hair. I've seen quite a number of custom Jokers that look amazing with the rooted hair. It's the next logical realism step for them. If HT can do Chewie, this should be a piece of cake.

It better NOT have rooted hair. Let the weird hair stylist buy custom heads if they like styling doll hair that much.

Yeah but did anyone seriously ever believe him when he said that was the reason he wouldn't make anymore?

Yes he is but what is worse is that he was fishing for prices, he knocked back a lot of high offers (I have my sources) until someone offered him 6.5 K, which became the new price for this head. So this head went up in value from $2500 to $6500 just after it was released, how anyone here can justify that is beyond me.

Absolutely agreed. It's a disgusting attitude to have.

Then again, if people will pay it. :dunno

Absolutely agreed. It's a disgusting attitude to have.

Then again, if people will pay it. :dunno

200.gif

It's funny because I see a lot of collectors do this. They will have tens of thousands of dollars in figures, statues etc. and they will all be displayed on crappy $30 shelves from Ikea or Wal-mart. They won't be covered up and they will be in a room with windows with bright light shining in. It's kind of nuts :lol

If I spent 6K+ on a doll head that thing would be in a custom made professionally built display box with lighting, temperature control, UV protection on a rotating base etc. It would be displayed on it's own and would be the focus of my collection. The cost is so minimal compared to the actual item, I would want to protect it.

"bright light shining in" will do no damage to your figures, direct sunlight is the only problem.
Ikea cases are just fine though they can be improved upon, I'm going to be modding mine to have UV protection and covering the sides to keep dust out, too, though the UV protection is more me being ****, since there's no direct sunlight hitting my figures ever throughout the year, but just incase I have to move the display case in an area that gets some sun sometimes, the figures inside will be protected

It better NOT have rooted hair. Let the weird hair stylist buy custom heads if they like styling doll hair that much.

Plenty of sculpted hair Joker head sculpts available. Let the next iteration of the TDK Joker take it to the next level in realism.

I normally prefer sculpted hair to rooted hair but this is one character that looks amazing with faux hair.

Plenty of sculpted hair Joker head sculpts available. Let the next iteration of the TDK Joker take it to the next level in realism.

I normally prefer sculpted hair to rooted hair but this is one character that looks amazing with faux hair.

Mass-produced hair won't look good stock. Every time they release a figure with rooted hair you need to style it to make it look decent.

Barbie hair ≠ Next level of realism

I agree but TDK Joker's hair wasn't exactly styled neatly. More like "Chewy's fur" in style... :wink1:

Remove figure from box, pat down the hair with a finger and pose figure as wanted.

You have to admit that there have been quite a number of stock head sculpts and custom Ebay head sculpts with sculpted hair. Some looking better than others but none looking as realistic as the custom hair sculpts. I just would like an opportunity in getting one without having to pay a ridiculous amount for a custom sculpt.

I can only imagine having something like this on a shelf... (custom MJ sculpt - I can't give credit to the person who took the pics, as I don't know who it was.)

joker.jpg

I wish I could delete this thread and/or kill the one who made it. Ledger Joker dolls and their rapid fans were a mistake.

Back