Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant decide if i should preorder this head or not. do you guys think its an improvement over the dx11 hs?

A definite nope on that...this picture really increases my appreciation for the actual DX11 head sculpts.

Is the purple coat on this figure a much brighter colour than the DX01 or just the camera giving a false impression?

I personally prefer the un-smudged head sculpt on the DX01, and it's also a bit less puffy than the DX11. I think the Bank Robber one is one of the best head sculpts for Joker.

It's the DX11 clothes so hope ok to post here. :)

fcd6368dafb88c542f398c9d36fbbd7b_zpsjuhojjwv.jpg

I'm curious if anyone has ever used the bank robber 2.0 headsculpt with the dx11 clothes set. I already own a bank robber 2.0 and don't necessarily want another joker figure, but I would buy a bootleg set of clothes on eBay if it looked half decent with that sculpt...

I'm curious if anyone has ever used the bank robber 2.0 headsculpt with the dx11 clothes set. I already own a bank robber 2.0 and don't necessarily want another joker figure, but I would buy a bootleg set of clothes on eBay if it looked half decent with that sculpt...

I saw a few Bank Robber 2.0 reviews on YouTube where they said they really wanted the headsculpt to use for their DX11 figure.

I have my Bank Robber 1 Joker headsculpt on my MMS Joker body
it looks great aside from the whole MMS Joker clothes n such... lol
Will likely eventually sell the MMS Joker once I replace it, I dig the BR 1.0 Joker set though, not bad at all, but the bootleg BR clothes look like a decent upgrade for that even

I just recently got these figures and just did a quick setup so I could get a pic.

Attachments

• WP_20161122_15_57_24_Rich.jpg
    WP_20161122_15_57_24_Rich.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 465
Amazing set up Kazar. Damn this figure is still one of the best they ever did, it doesn't age.

Also I love the other photo with "real" hair, where did you get that? I love it!

Has anyone wet the jacket on the dx11? I heard it would make the jacket lay flat. Thanks!

Yes, and yes it does. Looks heaps better than stock.

My gut tells me don't chance it. There are about 4 layers of clothing the water would soak through, proper drying and mold concern me. I'm also not convinced that purple coat is colorfast and could potentially transfer or run color to the other layers.

I had no run of colours, but I semi dried mine after wetting so it was more "heavily damp" rather than soaking wet, also dipped it in vinegar beforehand. Mold isn't a problem, yes there's 4 layers, but it will easily dry overnight if it's warm, and they're quite thin cloth. You really need constant damp for a prolonged period for mold to kick in.

Whenever I wet my doll clothing like these I dip them in a very small container first and massage them a little, see if there was any ink run. If there is, I dry it out before replacing them on the figure and abandon it. My memory may be faulty (it was a few years back), but the amount of ink run on this was tiny to non-existent. I definitely put it back on wet, I remember that.

Anybody know what body type is a good one for a joker replacement? looking at the hot toys true type just not sure if I should go for the regular or the slim version

Back