Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see more models include the diorama & many accessories ,(like Indiana jones, this joker etc...) my fiancée loved the pics I took & was almost convinced of my hobby, she still doesn't know what each model truly cost lol. I told her between $50 - $100 ea lol. I'm already 2k into my collection.
za5yduma.jpg

I just remembered I still have this guy sitting in a box in the closet. If I've forgotten about him for close to a month, I suppose that means it's time to just sell him.

Sorry Surly, I believe he's poking at me with this comment and not you. While I'm sure it makes no difference to anyone, the reason I (and others) use the term "opened and inspected" is to clarify in a sales thread that the figure was removed from the shipper and inspected for any manufacturing errors/quality issues then replaced in box. As opposed to a figure that has been modded or sitting on a shelf gathering dust. I inspect figures whether I'm going to display them or not, because the only time to get a replacement or refund for a damaged/defective figure is within a reasonable time of purchase. The terms "used" and "new" are a little too pat for collectors on the board. Let's say I leave a figure sealed in it's shipper, so if can call it new. Then decide to sell it six months later. I send it to a buyer who unseals it and finds some noticeable flaw. Now the seller wants to return it, because I didn't tell him about the flaw, which I couldn't, because I'd have to inspect it to ensure there are no flaws, but then I can't say it's "new". Yes, a potential buyer could ask me to check it before sending it out, but then we're back to me sending him a now "used" figure. So it's a little bit of a gray area. I don't normally feel the need to comment to criticism on the boards (lord knows you can't leave a comment without someone having a bit of a poke at you), but it's something worth mentioning.

Don't think I'm trying to provoke anything Mr. Ecko, I know you were just having a go, and didn't mean anything more than that. Just thought I'd chime in with a response.

What? Yeah it's used... i don't recall saying otherwise. Was used when I bought it...

That could be BOTH a good or bad reaction Mr. Ecko. :lol

You either like it, or it has made you sick but which one is it? :thud:

You've gone a bit too overboard. Looks like the ceiling came down on it or your put it through a wall. It looks too dusty/chalky. Weathering should be subtle so the fine details are just noticeable while keeping a vibrant purple.

It now looks like it's lost that premium/deluxe look. I'm not trying to be harsh but it was a $275 figure, that looks like it's been in the bottom of a plastic container in storage for years.

You've gone a bit too overboard. Looks like the ceiling came down on it or your put it through a wall. It looks too dusty/chalky. Weathering should be subtle so the fine details are just noticeable while keeping a vibrant purple.

It now looks like it's lost that premium/deluxe look. I'm not trying to be harsh but it was a $275 figure, that looks like it's been in the bottom of a plastic container in storage for years.

Like I said vodoun it wasn't meant to be movie accurate and my initial plan was for him to be as dirty and grubby as I could get him without going OTT. It was said that he was meant to sleep in his coat and never take it off or wash it so I was taking all that into consideration when I did the weathering.

Plus this is a spare coat so to have him looking 'premium/deluxe' and worth the $275, I will just put on his stock coat. Also who is to say that MY Joker didn't do some graft on a building site? :lol

Having said all that I have worked on him some more, especially dulling/toning down the weathering on the back of his coat as I wasn't happy with that after seeing the pics.

And here is how Mr J is looking now -

Hey guys,

My DX11 Joker recently had a nasty fall and unfortunately now has big paint chip on the nose. :slap Any recommendations on how to fix it?

If you can give me any advise or if you can point me to the right direction where to ask for it, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'd use white acrylic paint, and dry brush (put a little on the end of a brush, run it over some paper until the brush is almost dry, then apply to figure) it on in thin layers until you're satisfied. Fortunately it's on a spot that's fairly flat white, so you shouldn't have to match too many tones. You may want to use a fine grit sandpaper, and sand down any odd edges that were created by the chip (though it's hard to tell if that's necessary by this photo) to get back a rounded smooth nose surface.

Here you go, sorry for the crappy pic, I used my phone. It's very noticeable when you look at it closely:

View attachment 91986

Any ideas on what paint I can use to remedy it?

Had never seen these shots of Ledger testing the costume before.....looks like the nurse outfit on the rack behind him as well.
Glad they switched to a green vest.

fzoy.png

ab3l.png

pqbr.png

I'd use white acrylic paint, and dry brush (put a little on the end of a brush, run it over some paper until the brush is almost dry, then apply to figure) it on in thin layers until you're satisfied. Fortunately it's on a spot that's fairly flat white, so you shouldn't have to match too many tones. You may want to use a fine grit sandpaper, and sand down any odd edges that were created by the chip (though it's hard to tell if that's necessary by this photo) to get back a rounded smooth nose surface.

Thanks rory! :hi5: I have some Tamiya white acrylic paint left over, might as well use it. Now, to muster a lot courage to paint a $300 figure...:thud:

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure Specs thread

Hi Im new to this site so I thought I would just add a few pictures of the beautiful DX11! Im currently in a predicament over which pose to put the figure in (2 out of the pic). Also if anyone has any improvements that I should make, please feel free to say any!

thanks!

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

Back