Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see this as a fault in anyway to be honest. It's just a sculpt/texture line. Oh if only this was my only issue with this headsculpt!

Hey all, this is my first post. I have been reading for a while now and decided to register.

I picked this figure up and while I think the production quality is superb. I don't understand how they got the colors wrong. The colors of the vest and coats should be a-lot darker. The deep/dark colors add to the sinisterness of the jokers character and look, so I just find it unfortunate.

Also, I ultimately would love a joker figure with an expression made specifically for the "Hit Me" scene.

Great pics from all you guys. Some of the poses I see on here are are so life like.

This is for people who want to upgrade their DX-01 Joker with these new improved shoes. I didn't want to use a drill to the hole of the new shoes as I have no drill or experience so I tried Darkavatar's hair dryer method. My hair dryer wasn't strong enough so I put the shoes in boiling water for 5-10 seconds. The plastic has to get soft enough so it could be malleable. Once it was the old feet pegs fit into the hole easily. Worked like a charm.

M7IxlmD.jpg

Y0X3kOm.jpg

ozRNGQd.jpg

vzas3mQ.jpg

Hey all, this is my first post. I have been reading for a while now and decided to register.

I picked this figure up and while I think the production quality is superb. I don't understand how they got the colors wrong. The colors of the vest and coats should be a-lot darker. The deep/dark colors add to the sinisterness of the jokers character and look, so I just find it unfortunate.

Also, I ultimately would love a joker figure with an expression made specifically for the "Hit Me" scene.
Great pics from all you guys. Some of the poses I see on here are are so life like.

There is an thread in the "Interest Threads" section for a "Hit Me" sculpt. Check it out.

EDIT: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127526

Is he supposed to have this mark on his forehead?

IMG_5885.jpg

Don't see it in the Proto.

600874_10150886133187344_694589993_n.jpg

I don't see this as a fault in anyway to be honest. It's just a sculpt/texture line. Oh if only this was my only issue with this headsculpt!

Must be worse on mine then. With overhead light it's absolutely glaring.

Speaking for myself, this is the best Heath Ledger as Joker sculpt ever. Even if I was given one of Adam's heads, I would sell it to get another one of these (and a bunch more HT).

This mar on the forehead is the only drawback for me, and sadly is all I see now.

Speaking for myself, this is the best Heath Ledger as Joker sculpt ever. Even if I was given one of Adam's heads, I would sell it to get another one of these (and a bunch more HT).

I just got my loose PERS sculpt in the mail a few days ago (still waiting on my supplier to get my pre-order in:impatient:), and I agree that it's definitely Hot Toys' best Joker yet, and I really like it. From some angles it's a perfect Ledger IMO. I won't comment on Adam's heads, as I've never seen one in hand.
I do plan to do some minor paint touchups on the sculpt to make the white, black, and red "pop" some more, hence the second sculpt.

I see what you mean about the mark on your head, but mine doesn't have it, at least not when looking at it with the naked eye under different lighting conditions. Perhaps it will show in pictures though.

Maglor, i think yours must be exceptional. mine has only the faintest imaginable line (no actual indent).

This mar on the forehead is the only drawback for me, and sadly is all I see now.

You gotto reverse that procedure and remove the lens from your eyes ;) then it will be better ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

There seems to be quite different levels of white paint on these heads (one of my laughing sculpts has almost no white paint on forehead) perhaps your PERS head just happened to get a bit more white paint in that area and highlighted the texture/mark more?

In all senses of the word.

Of the three regular PERS headsculpts I have, each one has strikingly different paint applications on the face.

The headsculpt I just got from Toy Anxiety is really different. I didn't notice the indentation on it's head and it has a lot of smudging effects on it. I was actually like "woah, this looks just like the real thing" and I have had two others already.

So even with them using that computer scanning or printing they do with the paint applications, they all vary to a certain degree.

WOW!
TDKR was awesome- I defend it every chance I get- Bane was a terrific foe for Bats even if he was string pulled by Talia....

The funny thing is, Bane's strings were not being pulled by anyone. He was Talia's equal in many ways, if not her superior.

Back