Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jokere.png

Topic needs more pictures and less comparing/complaining! :yess:

Awesome! Pose stolen!

Anyone have an idea of what I could use for the thumb ring for a grenade rig? I was going to use a ring from a grenade, but his thumb was too big. Any suggestions?

You could use one one of those small round rings from a key chain. Usually one that connects the ornament to the chain.

Bored. Little bit of fun with the laughing sculpt and the spare suit I have.

That's cool. Very original.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Good idea, Fiend! I'll start combing the house looking for a spare keychain I can take apart.

My next task is cutting and gluing the 'nade straps. I've got the grenades all stringed up and the fabric cut.

Thanks. Yeah, I just brushed white paint over the existing paint job, expanded the black paint around his eyes and added the runny streaks with a dab of black paint on the end of a toothpick.

For the lipstick, I just dry brushed a lighter shade of red over the existing red and added some varnish after for the wet look.

That came out sick Crow , after seeing you do this a few pages back , i picked up another head and plan on replacing my DX01 with it .

Thanks man for doing this , i can't wait to do mine up.

Just curious , did you use flat or semi gloss paint?

It matches flawlessly

Last edited:
Awesome! I always use flat. Anything with any sort of gloss whatsoever throws the look off. The key, especially with the white paint, is to almost use the dry brush technique, but leave a tiny amount of wet paint on there and use a small brush to apply it in a circular motion, kind of like you're applying makeup. Hopefully that makes sense. Same thing with the edges of the black.

Anyone else annoyed with how damn loose the joints are all over this specifically the elbows and knees? So annoying.

I was able to tighten the torso by the screws but the rest is kind of beyond help.

Awesome! I always use flat. Anything with any sort of gloss whatsoever throws the look off. The key, especially with the white paint, is to almost use the dry brush technique, but leave a tiny amount of wet paint on there and use a small brush to apply it in a circular motion, kind of like you're applying makeup. Hopefully that makes sense. Same thing with the edges of the black.

Yeah that's what i figured , i have experience painting , i just wanted to make sure because yours looks amazing brother :hi5:

I planned on dry brushing

Thanks for the tips :hi5:

Anyone else annoyed with how damn loose the joints are all over this specifically the elbows and knees? So annoying.

I was able to tighten the torso by the screws but the rest is kind of beyond help.

No loose joints on mine. In fact, the shoulder sockets are too tight on mine. I have to be careful when i move them to avoid snapping them from too much pressure. I tried loosening the screws, but those screws are really in there.

Like others have mentioned, though, one of my PERS eyes seems ever-so-slightly off when looking straight forward. My knife is also loose.

Wish Hot Toys would step up a notch on quality control, especially for a pricey figure like this one.

Still really digging this figure, though. Ironed his clothes and futzed him all night long, baby.

jokerdx_zps2abd16f2.jpg

jokerdx2_zps304645ea.jpg

Yeah that's what i figured , i have experience painting , i just wanted to make sure because yours looks amazing brother :hi5:

I planned on dry brushing

Thanks for the tips :hi5:

Glad to help, look forward to seeing the results. :)

Here are some shots of it on the body. I used a different type of acrylic for the black this time, it's called "Grumbacher" and I got it at Hobby Lobby. It has a good shine to it once it dries that matches the way his black eye makeup looked during the mob scene.

That came out sick Crow , after seeing you do this a few pages back , i picked up another head and plan on replacing my DX01 with it .

Thanks man for doing this , i can't wait to do mine up.

Just curious , did you use flat or semi gloss paint?

It matches flawlessly

Where did you end up getting a head from?

I've heard the loose joints complaint before. I must have dodged a bullet, mine are great except for the damn ankles.

Last edited:
I'm undressing this guy today. Any tips regarding the shoes/ ankles? I don't want to wreck anything, and I've never worked with this terrible new ankle design before.

I heard it is an old ankle design that Hot Toys use to use. Nevertheless, I agree it is a terrible design. :thud:

I've heard the loose joints complaint before. I must have dodged a bullet, mine great except for the damn ankles.

Hmm sounds like a common problem. :(

Mine are the ankles, but not that bad.

The Joker body I bought on ebay had one bad ankle, just collapsing all the time and the other one collapsed as well but not as frequent. :gah:

However, I must say that the ankles seem fine on the Joker body from the Joker 2.0 EX I got, but I have never moved the joints on them. Thus, I am guessing if i did mess with them they would end up collapsing eventually, due to the poor design. :banghead

Back