Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enterbay's stock head still looks more realistic than Joker 2.0, but yeah only looks like Ledger on certain angles, mainly in quarter profile shots as the stock head sculpt is way too skinny. I disagree with you though, you do not need a custom MRM head, but his re-sculpt makes it look practically perfect but it is ok without it. Every other point you mentioned I agree with, very bad QC, except for that part where you said it needs a lot of work on the outfit. Like what for instance? :huh

It's a tad too small for the body, and the leg is too long. The tie isn't silk like material, HT managed to do it in a smaller scale. Shoes are still plastic, while HT managed to pull of a scaled down suede like material. The lapels on the purple coat is kinda floating, and the socks are like ironed on, instead of a scaled down version of the 1:1. Granted that HT did similar thing, but at 1/4, it's more noticeable. The wallet chain feel kinda cheap too and the EB is **** compared to HT body. Only thing that I think is decent are the shirt, vest and pants. Take a look at MRM's 1/4 joker thread. He customized and weathered the outfit and I think stitched the lapels of the purple coat as well, and also repainted the shoes and tie. That's what the figure is supposed to look like IMO.

Sounds like your the type of collector that likes to have a lot of variety, I am more of the one that just wants something that looks nice on a shelf as I do not care about accessories.

Not really, otherwise I won't be buying custom headsculpt's at the price of 1 HT figure. I just feel that with HT, you get more bang for your buck with the dioramas, acc that it came with. Some of the stuffs like pencil, potato peeler, knife for shoes are still inside the box and I never took it out to test it, but doesn't mean that I can't appreciate and like the option of having those stuff at my disposal.

I think the tailoring of the outfit is as good as you get for 1/6th (at least for mass produced) but I would not say it is well tailored, the vest is really bulky. Giving Hot Toys one a 9/10 is really extreme, since both head sculpts are not exactly a home run IMO, I guess that is debatable though. However, I agree with your score of EB one.

Yeah, out of the box, the HT outfit is a home run compared to EB's. My minor nitpick would the the small inaccurate shirt collar. I have no prob with the vest, there need to be some room because it need to accommodate some movement for the body when in sitting position for the interrogation scene as the body is leaning. If you need to make it tighter, you can just adjust it via the back buckle just like real vest (though I haven't done it). Both head sculpt isn't a home run, but it's the best Ledger head from a licensed manufacturer at any given scale ATM. So I gotta give credit when it's due.

I really love this, it's the best joker ill ever need, sure rhe Adam head and straight kato clothes looks better side to side.. But the truth is this might be hot toys best effort, I can live with it since its awesome and a fraction of the price

i could nitpick this thing to death if i wanted to catch whatever bug feeds on this forum, but at the end of the day i look at my 2.0 and he's wicked and makes me smile ~ and that's all i need from him.

: D

Get both the 1/4 and 2.0! J/k. I have both and while HT did knock this one out of the park, EB just has more stage presence! I figure after HT's 5th attempt, they better add all the bells and whistles and up their game, which they did.

It's a tad too small for the body, and the leg is too long. The tie isn't silk like material, HT managed to do it in a smaller scale. Shoes are still plastic, while HT managed to pull of a scaled down suede like material. The lapels on the purple coat is kinda floating, and the socks are like ironed on, instead of a scaled down version of the 1:1. Granted that HT did similar thing, but at 1/4, it's more noticeable.

Ok I guess I didn't think this through, you are right I didn't notice these little details, I just saw the whole suit, not discrete parts like you did.

Also when I said outfit, I only meant the clothes, not shoes. The coat is not that small for the body, but yes I guess it is a tad too small but decent. Anyway that can't be fixed so you can't say that needs work as you can't make it bigger. I wasn't asking for flaws more like what did u think that was possible to fix. Yeah the tie sucks, I can see there was a lot of thought put into that.:rolleyes:

The wallet chain feel kinda cheap too and the EB is **** compared to HT body. Only thing that I think is decent are the shirt, vest and pants.

Everything about Enterbays clothes feel cheap and I agree the Lapels are a joke but that is Enterbay for you. :thud:

Take a look at MRM's 1/4 joker thread. He customized and weathered the outfit and I think stitched the lapels of the purple coat as well, and also repainted the shoes and tie. That's what the figure is supposed to look like IMO.

I have and I agree it looks good but still not perfect, since like you said the coat is too small. Rorys looks good to.

Not really, otherwise I won't be buying custom headsculpt's at the price of 1 HT figure. I just feel that with HT, you get more bang for your buck with the dioramas, acc that it came with. Some of the stuffs like pencil, potato peeler, knife for shoes are still inside the box and I never took it out to test it, but doesn't mean that I can't appreciate and like the option of having those stuff at my disposal.

Ok I do agree you do get more bang for your buck and I c what you mean that u just appreciate them but not the type of collector to create scenes and use all the accessories.

Yeah, out of the box, the HT outfit is a home run compared to EB's.

I wouldn't say a home run as the clothing is still too bulky, but yeah beats Enterbay's quality wise.

My minor nitpick would the the small inaccurate shirt collar. I have no prob with the vest, there need to be some room because it need to accommodate some movement for the body when in sitting position for the interrogation scene as the body is leaning. If you need to make it tighter, you can just adjust it via the back buckle just like real vest (though I haven't done it).

The vest is too bulky due the material it is made out of and the figure looks too bulky when all the clothes are piled on due to the bulky vest. However, I agree it works for the interrogation scene as like you said it needs to accommodate some movement.

Both head sculpt isn't a home run, but it's the best Ledger head from a licensed manufacturer at any given scale ATM. So I gotta give credit when it's due.

Both stock heads looks nothing like Ledger IMO and Enterbays destroys them despite being deformed as it so dam thin like it has been squashed in a vice, hence why it only looks good on certain angles. Nevertheless, if you took the paint off the DX11 sculpt I doubt it would look anything like Ledger, just a cartoon character IMO. That being said, there must be some potential there as MRM's re-sculpt looks good but then again he re-sculpted like 99% of it so :dunno

there's absolutely nothing bulky about my 2.0's vest. it's practically paper thin and hugs the body almost too much.

and squashed in a vice looks like ledger, but not the 2.0.

uh....k.

I was as skeptical as anyone about the 2.0 outfit before I got the set, and I've been converted to an unabashed fan of it. It just works, once properly fit onto the body. The longer neck also really helps it look much less bulky around the shoulders.

I dyed the blazer again this morning, think this is about as dark as it's gonna get.

IMG_20130421_120039_279_zpsb07c623b.jpg

there's absolutely nothing bulky about my 2.0's vest. it's practically paper thin and hugs the body almost too much.

I disagree, every picture I have seen the figure does not realistic with all the clothes piled on top off it, Katos one that I own is paper thin, this just looks like the DX01 vest with a different color. I think the Enterbay one looks more like a person in suit whereas the 2.0 looks more like a doll with bulky clothes, but that is just my opinion. That being said Enterbay's one is a larger scale so I think that helps make it look more like a human in a suit.

and squashed in a vice looks like ledger, but not the 2.0.

uh....k.

Yeah but only on certain angles, like quarter profile shots. Basically shots where you can't tell that the face is skinny. Get it?

I was as skeptical as anyone about the 2.0 outfit before I got the set, and I've been converted to an unabashed fan of it. It just works, once properly fit onto the body. The longer neck also really helps it look much less bulky around the shoulders.

I dyed the blazer again this morning, think this is about as dark as it's gonna get.

IMG_20130421_120039_279_zpsb07c623b.jpg

Good work dying the Blazer looks even better now cr0w. So do you have the Joker 2.0 set now? I thought you were using the DX01 body and buying parts?

I really love this, it's the best joker ill ever need, sure rhe Adam head and straight kato clothes looks better side to side.. But the truth is this might be hot toys best effort, I can live with it since its awesome and a fraction of the price

I would agree with that. :wink1:

i could nitpick this thing to death if i wanted to catch whatever bug feeds on this forum, but at the end of the day i look at my 2.0 and he's wicked and makes me smile ~ and that's all i need from him.

I am not really nit picking it just making an observation, someone on here wanted to know what was better so I gave an explanation as to what one I think is better but that was just my opinion.

I really think there is no answer to which one is better, IMO it just depends on the type of collector you are.

Just chill man. :peace

I got a full set from my comic shop, so I'm using what I had previously put together as my secondary display with the laughing sculpt.

Ok cool, have you posted any pics of your second display? Sorry I have been away from the threads for awhile, so I have no idea what has been going on up until lately. :huh

I admit I am easily pleased and all of these head sculpts give me plenty of joy and happiness and surpass all reasons I had starting this hobby only a few years back.
To me the laughing sculpt is amazing and add in the backdrop etc its a perfect representation of that scene. The other sculpt and outfit in my eyes is also just amazing to me as to how they can achieve this in 1/6.
Enterbay 1/4 I was expecting same or more as a larger scale adds benefits that should be exploited as otherwise what is the point of it except for it being larger? I like it but can't stand the fact that the tie is total garbage. I actually don't care for the quality of the material as I totally expect material being flimsier if they are to look the part in a down scaled representation but that print is just fully and wrong. Other parts I can accept a little more through fuzzing.
MRM's sculpt when I first laid my eyes on had be scared. His work has progressed so much!!! Usually i dont contribute negative comments but in this case it is to highlight how far he has come!!! His early hair implant work on DX01 was Soso and nowhere even near the hairclub for men work of art from Lala(?) who did the Tony Stark custom. But i am glad he stuck to his guns as he took the good EB joker sculpt to the level 1/4 deserves!!! I had to own it and at the price he demands it is almost unreasonably cheap compared to what has come before him for a custom head like this. Bravo!!

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

i'm pretty chill, dude ~ i think the comparison is apples and oranges personally. like you said: it depends on what kind of collector you are.

:exactly:

For the record I think the DX11 head sculpt looks fine in hand and quite realistic. IMO it only looks silly in some pics because of the lighting and some shots are too close up.

Cheers

:duff

Back