Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I've bought from Sideshow (collector from the UK), I've ended up paying custom duty (if thats what you mean). Its been a while since I purchased from them and it was a Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee. I paid $200 and paid roughly £18 GBP custom duty. I could be wrong as I never really looked into it, but SS quote the value on the shipping form of the parcel itself.
Hope this is of some help.
wow you got off easy lol, i heard of some people who had to pay £60-£100 charges when ordering from sideshow!

Whenever I've bought from Sideshow (collector from the UK), I've ended up paying custom duty (if thats what you mean). Its been a while since I purchased from them and it was a Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee. I paid $200 and paid roughly £18 GBP custom duty. I could be wrong as I never really looked into it, but SS quote the value on the shipping form of the parcel itself.
Hope this is of some help.

Sideshow ship it via FedEx to UK.

FedEx pay the custom/import fees and deliver the item.

Some time later you will get a bill through for the custom/import fees from FedEx.

For instance my Bespin Luke incurred approx £50.00 in fees that I had to call FedEx and pay by card.

Probably could argue about classification of the item for fees with HMRC, however they are a nightmare and unlikely a re-classification would take place, I'm sure other have tried in the past.

Aren't we talking about two different Jokers.....my EX get paid off tomorrow.....don't the non EX Jokers go out in April???

I got an two emails about my non-exclusive yesterday (one saying 3/20 and the other saying 4/4), and I called SSC to check. Non-exclusives charge 4/4/13.

So far away.

Seems its getting to that time where i have to avoid this thread. Won't be till late may or june before we get this in the UK im guessing :monkey2. Once pics start rolling in more frequent and more and more people get this the wait will get even harder :gah:. Really can't wait for this guy.

Some time later you will get a bill through for the custom/import fees from FedEx.

For instance my Bespin Luke incurred approx £50.00 in fees that I had to call FedEx and pay by card.

Probably could argue about classification of the item for fees with HMRC, however they are a nightmare and unlikely a re-classification would take place, I'm sure other have tried in the past.

I always fight them to get it changed when they overcharge. I'm still waiting on their response about them double charging me for the Snowtrooper.

I was buying once from SS. FedEx send me email that i will get package and i have to fill forma about contetn and price of the item. That is why Im asking If You are writing "true" value or something other :)

Yeah, I really love the Bruce Wayne headsculpt and the body armor/suit.

The cowl head, base and other stuff didn't really impress me though.

I'm super pumped for the Joker. I think I got Nicholson Joker around the same time last year, so that's pretty cool. Joker must = Spring. something about the colors.

The only concern I have is that purple coat. Every pic of it looks bad, but I always see "not as bad in person", so I'll be cautiously optimistic about it. I can't wait to set everything up. All his gear and weapons look cool. After I unbox it, I'll finally upgrade one of the DX 01s to the mob scene/grenade version. I haven't opened up that grenade rig for 4 years.

Yeah, that base doesn't do anything for me either. Now I do like the cracked bat symbol even if it is TDKR. They could have just done a flat bast and put that on there without the sidewalk/snow crap.

One thing I will say about these two release is that I feel like there isn't much here I'll replace. The Joker outfit is top notch with maybe a coat upgrade if one became available. I think I'd replace the head to at one point. Same goes for Batman. The suit is a total keeper with maybe me doing some of my own modding to the cowl in the future.

If memory serves me, FedEx indded pay the duty beforehand. I guess you could argue the legality of it as you never asked them to pay the duty and they are paying in your name, but I 'spose the duty still has to be paid regardless. Royal Mail do the same as well.
£50.00 is a bit extreme isn't it?:pfft: I really cannot see how that is justified, but then who are we eh?

wow you got off easy lol, i heard of some people who had to pay £60-£100 charges when ordering from sideshow!

Yeah, I guess I did. I'm not sure what kind of mathematics come into play with import duty. £60-£100? Yikes!:panic:

I was buying once from SS. FedEx send me email that i will get package and i have to fill forma about contetn and price of the item. That is why Im asking If You are writing "true" value or something other :)

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 100% legal to place a false price on it, but not totally sure... :wink1:

So has anyone actually had a shipping date for the EX?

I talked to SS today. They said they were getting a split shipment of the EX, and that the first shipments would process tomorrow and Thursday. Pretty jealous, because I have my EX on flex and my last payment doesn't process until April 5th :impatient:

Back