Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Same thing happened to me with Jack Joker. I bought a second tux and it was literally awful. The lapels weren't straight and nice but rounded and uneven. The material was cheaper and ugly and even the color was wrong. I sent it back for a refund.

Yeah I heard to always buy the second batch because the first batch gets rushed out quickly and the stuff is made by cheap Chinese laborers which is the reason for poor QC. However, that is just what a seller told me not sure if it is true though. :dunno

I always leave a note by my doorbell to tell the mailman ring the bell multiple of times cuz I'll be dead asleep and it helps waking me up. Either that or tell your trusty neighbor to sign for u in case u ain't home. Just an advice to u guys.:wave

:goodpost:

Good advice!

Well, I called earlier regarding my order, and the customer service person told me that they're going to sort through them and whatever about first come, first serve, and told me about the split shipment. She told me that even though I might not be coming in for the first wave of shipments the second shipment should be coming anyways, before my last flexpay date on April 15th and if anything they would contact me asking if I wanted to pay early when my shipment is ready to ship from their warehouse. I don't know if she's just saying that to get me happy because she didn't even know the dates of when their Hot Toys shipment was coming in. :gah:

Well, I called earlier regarding my order, and the customer service person told me that they're going to sort through them and whatever about first come, first serve, and told me about the split shipment. She told me that even though I might not be coming in for the first wave of shipments the second shipment should be coming anyways, before my last flexpay date on April 15th and if anything they would contact me asking if I wanted to pay early when my shipment is ready to ship from their warehouse. I don't know if she's just saying that to get me happy because she didn't even know the dates of when their Hot Toys shipment was coming in. :gah:

Hopeless. BTW has anyone's EX waitlist converted to an order yet?

Amiami shipped out joker 2.0 for the some of us including myself this morning. Oh and btw, whoever ordered off Amiami using EMS, be aware that it may come sooner than expected. U have to be home and sign for it. I always leave a note by my doorbell to tell the mailman ring the bell multiple of times cuz I'll be dead asleep and it helps waking me up. Either that or tell your trusty neighbor to sign for u in case u ain't home. Just an advice to u guys.:wave

Mine got to LA customs today. Not sure if it will be here today or tomorrow (Vegas).

Need to make sure I leave a note as my postman just throws my stuff up the stairs half the time haha.

if you are buying those pieces parted out, any chance you are buying knockoffs? i notice it's the parted piece that's crummy in both cases.

That's the thing, maybe I wasn't clear but the rounded lapels and thinner coat from ebay is actually closer to 90% of the in-hand and proto pics. The one I got out of box, straight from hot toys in HK had the thicker coat and straight lapels.

Neither coat is bad really, just different. The negatives are subjective here for the most part. The thickness I prefer on the original, but I like the lapels from my ebay part. Neither is crummy in terms of overall quality. This leads me to think there is a big QC issue but in terms of consistency. either that or it's a batch issue, or there was a change in the production of a single batch.

We will see when you guys get yours and I get my ami-ami order in to compare with another one from in-box.

I will post pics when I get home from work.

I'm not sure where you guys ordered from, but just so you know, the shipping date on Sideshow has been bumped to April :(.

I'm not sure where you guys ordered from, but just so you know, the shipping date on Sideshow has been bumped to April :(.

That is for the regular version. We are getting notices for the exclusives.

So Ive decided to keep my 2.0 SSC order which charges in 13 days, but I have a question about it. I dont know how the head is attached and considering I dont like this sculpt, can I replace it with either the bank robber joker or the 1.0 head?

Im asking because with the bank robber it connects the normal way, but my batman dx12 uses a magnet. I want to know I can swap heads out and maybe sell the 2.0 one on ebay.

Back