Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As everyone is aware, Hot Toys figures can vary in production quality and in mere aesthetic depending on batches. I have two Joker coats and they are substantially different and I don't think anyone has mentioned or noticed this.

I first got an original EX Joker when it was first released here in Asia via a friend in HK. The material for the coat was thick but not bulky, fit perfectly and had very straight lines and edges for the lapels.

I got a second backup coat on ebay for $28.00 USD and it is very different. The material is the same but much much thinner and the lapels have more of a curvature to their cut and are wider/longer in general. The shoulders have more of a ridge raised edge where it connects to the seam. Pros and Cons here are subjective mainly but the thicker coat feels and hangs better IMO.

Either this is a first batch issue corrected during the same production run or just a one off QC thing. I'm annoyed that there's such a huge difference let alone potentially within the same batch. really makes for a 'fingers crossed as you open the box' randomness that I hate.

I got a second one from Ami-Ami for an interrogation setup so I'll let you guys know if theres any other differences.

Any pics comparison?

As everyone is aware, Hot Toys figures can vary in production quality and in mere aesthetic depending on batches. I have two Joker coats and they are substantially different and I don't think anyone has mentioned or noticed this.

I first got an original EX Joker when it was first released here in Asia via a friend in HK. The material for the coat was thick but not bulky, fit perfectly and had very straight lines and edges for the lapels.

I got a second backup coat on ebay for $28.00 USD and it is very different. The material is the same but much much thinner and the lapels have more of a curvature to their cut and are wider/longer in general. The shoulders have more of a ridge raised edge where it connects to the seam. Pros and Cons here are subjective mainly but the thicker coat feels and hangs better IMO.

Either this is a first batch issue corrected during the same production run or just a one off QC thing. I'm annoyed that there's such a huge difference let alone potentially within the same batch. really makes for a 'fingers crossed as you open the box' randomness that I hate.

I got a second one from Ami-Ami for an interrogation setup so I'll let you guys know if theres any other differences.

Yup. Same thing happened to me with Jack Joker. I bought a second tux and it was literally awful. The lapels weren't straight and nice but rounded and uneven. The material was cheaper and ugly and even the color was wrong. I sent it back for a refund.

Last edited:
if you are buying those pieces parted out, any chance you are buying knockoffs? i notice it's the parted piece that's crummy in both cases.

Someone fked me up , that's how i got my scars yo :lol

zombiejoker006.jpg

That's what i did to an already horrible V1 Joker i got in a trade :lol

Wow, you really brought out Mickey Rourke's likeness! :lol

Someone on here, called earlier today about Thor and was told by SS that it was a small shipment and people who had their final flex on the 5th got them and the next shipment is a couple 2 or 3 weeks away.

So if the ones on flex pay got them first, then there's definitely something wrong their system.
I never flex pay my PO, and from my experience, everytime I PO soon as it is available, I always get mine with the first batch.

But since I have 2.0 coming now, I dont mind the wait on Thor, lol. my wallet needs a break. :eek:

yeah i can't really figure out how flex paying is somehow prioritized over paid in full. but who knows how their system works.

my brother ordered one too and his is being charged on the 17th instead of the 20th. so he will probably get his first even though i ordered mine before he did.

So if the ones on flex pay got them first, then there's definitely something wrong their system.
I never flex pay my PO, and from my experience, everytime I PO soon as it is available, I always get mine with the first batch.

But since I have 2.0 coming now, I dont mind the wait on Thor, lol. my wallet needs a break. :eek:

I think thats true if they get a full shipment but I guess this was a small one. :dunno

Damn, I just got the EB Batman for $430.. I'll not have funds on the credit card for this.. What happens if I don't have the funds for march 20th?

if you are buying those pieces parted out, any chance you are buying knockoffs? i notice it's the parted piece that's crummy in both cases.

Maybe those sellers sell duds.

I bought my tux from a reputable dealer. He's actually a member here and he assured me that it was authentic HT. He gave me my money back so he was cool about it. He even said he never had a figure( parted pieces) give him such a headache.

So, just to be clear (as my email's been down, and, thus, I haven't been able to see if there's a confirmation email from SSC), since I ordered the EX when it was first put up for PO, I'll have to have the funds for March 20th? There are no delays to April, correct?

So, just to be clear (as my email's been down, and, thus, I haven't been able to see if there's a confirmation email from SSC), since I ordered the EX when it was first put up for PO, I'll have to have the funds for March 20th? There are no delays to April, correct?

By law the item has to be in stock 7 days around the time your final flexpay is charged. I don't know if that just applies to California though.

it hasn't shipped from ssc ~ i think people ordered from elsewhere (or else are mistaking their charge notices?).

Amiami shipped out joker 2.0 for the some of us including myself this morning. Oh and btw, whoever ordered off Amiami using EMS, be aware that it may come sooner than expected. U have to be home and sign for it. I always leave a note by my doorbell to tell the mailman ring the bell multiple of times cuz I'll be dead asleep and it helps waking me up. Either that or tell your trusty neighbor to sign for u in case u ain't home. Just an advice to u guys.:wave

Back