Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys...here is my Joker 2.0. Finally got time to unwrapped it....

tumblr_mh03tgx7EY1r49vc3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh03tgx7EY1r49vc3o2_500.jpg

Initial complaint is the coat....very fuzzy and overly soft. Its different from the previous material they used on the previous jokers...

Hello, sorry for asking...but aren't they more expensive in Hong Kong? (based on the crazy prices I've seen on eBay)

I might be wrong, I believe the prices are merely inflated for those who wish to receive the figure early. As in, people who ordered in the states won't get it now, but in HK, it is available. So if you want it now you pay extra for one direct from HK.

Your Joker looks amazing, Rorywan! Congrats! I was going to quote it, but I read some guys bitter about your pictures because of the stock head missing. Great work on the futzing and the posing. You made that coat shine!

Well done on the suit, Rory. While I respect his work, I've never been a fan of Bobby C's sculpts.

I have been looking at that sculpt for a long time, and I honestly prefer the DX11 PERS sculpt. No doubt you'd have to have both in hand to make a properly informed call, but just based on the pics I'm not feeling it.

Which I'm perfectly happy with, seeing as how the one I'll be ending up with is the HT one :)

Rory, what exactly did you do to the shoulders?

Also, if rdc2 happens to be reading this, do you really live in North Korea or are you a fellow Seoulite? Or are you even in Korea at all? Just wondering how you got Hot Toys figures past the 38th parallel...

I might be wrong, I believe the prices are merely inflated for those who wish to receive the figure early. As in, people who ordered in the states won't get it now, but in HK, it is available. So if you want it now you pay extra for one direct from HK.

What about the VIP ones they are $500 a pop! :horror

If you just wait for sideshow to get them in you save over $200. :yess:

Hi guys...here is my Joker 2.0. Finally got time to unwrapped it....

tumblr_mh03tgx7EY1r49vc3o1_500.jpg

Initial complaint is the coat....very fuzzy and overly soft. Its different from the previous material they used on the previous jokers...

Apart from the color do you think the previous Joker coats were better?

Congrats!

Best pic I have seen to showcase the likeness. :clap

Yep I would agree with that but I am wondering if it is the expression that is tricking us. :dunno

Last edited:
Rory, what exactly did you do to the shoulders?

Also, if rdc2 happens to be reading this, do you really live in North Korea or are you a fellow Seoulite? Or are you even in Korea at all? Just wondering how you got Hot Toys figures past the 38th parallel...

Hi dude! Iam just fooling around with the location. When the time im editing my profile Kim Jong Il died....Iam from Manila Philippines and Iam one of the crazy enough collector who hate waiting, so I take the plunge and grab all the advance unit available in their most stupid prices...:hi5::hi5::hi5:

Apart from the color do you think the previous Joker coats were better?

With both on hand, the DX2 and Dx11. In all aspect Dx11 is the superior one in terms of looks, but on made i guess the DX2 material are built to last. The material on DX11 somehow sacrificed to look better.....IMHO..

Yep I would agree with that but I am wondering if it is the expression that is tricking us. :dunno

Tell you frankly, that look on the HS pers are straight out of the box. I wasnt able to futz it yet.

Tell you frankly, that look on the HS pers are straight out of the box. I wasnt able to futz it yet.

Well it is a good look it defiantly looks like the character from the Dark Knight with that expression and the way the eyes are positioned. However, I am not sure about the likeness to Ledger as someone else could pull of that expression and achieve the same type of look IMO.

Good job on futzing the suit! The HS is professionally well made, but i cant see Ledger....

Your Joker looks amazing, Rorywan! Congrats! I was going to quote it, but I read some guys bitter about your pictures because of the stock head missing. Great work on the futzing and the posing. You made that coat shine!

Ok, 'm not posting anymore pics of Bobby C's Joker here in this thread!, I shouldn't have in the first place, my bad. :peace Should you be interested in seeing more, have a look over in my thread at pics, anyone who has one of these will tell you how amazing they are, at times he looks like a minature Ledger, incredibly lifelike.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5252664#post5252664

The DX11 sculpts look great from a foot or two back, but don't really hold up too well close up as say Jack 89 Joker did. They have a strange messy look up close (probably from the new transfer process HT seem to have used), don't get me wrong they are a MASSIVE improvement on anything we have seen from HT Ledger Joker's so far.

I'm sure everyone will disagree, but that's the nature of an open forum..
:lol

Last edited:
Back