Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nooo, hair iron

Hair-Iron-HD-105-.jpg

I think the stiffness will be achieved with the heat and steam of the iron.

Ahh I tried it, but I think I ran into the same problem again and that is that the fabic looks like it is melting as it is losing color. :(

After I put it on the steam on full blast before pressing, do I put the steam at a lower setting when pressing?

I can not get over how stiff yours looks. :clap

I haven't tried the DX01 coat, so maybe this fabric is a bit hardier?
I do really steam it first though, so it's damp? And always iron through something, I used a white piece of cotton.

have you tried to put a towel, or another cloth between the iron and the coat? that's what you do to prevent the "delicate clothes" to melt and decolorate.

:exactly:

The hair iron? I know nothing about (apart from seeing my wife use one) so I am not responsible for whatever you nutters do with it!
:lol

I haven't tried the DX01 coat, so maybe this fabric is a bit hardier?
I do really steam it first though, so it's damp? And always iron through something, I used a white piece of cotton.

Ahh so you use a protective fabric over it? Do you use water or starch?

What do you think of the hair iron idea by Rodon?

finally dirtied the hell out of the outfit last night and it looks even better. was just a test run done in pastels. will do the final in acrylics. recommend you guys give it a try.

It looks uneven on the display suit
The-Joker-costume-halloween.jpg

In the movie itself, I think it was pretty even.

Yeah, never saw it looking like that in the movie. Wonder why they did that to the coat post-shooting.

When you say you steam pressed it, do you mean you ironed it to achieve that effect?

Yes man, don't know if you've ever done it on a HT figure? I learned a lot about it when i got a second hand Godfather figure. It was a rumpled mess, I stripped it and pressed everything. You cannot allow the iron to touch the fabric directly and you have to put the steam on full blast pointed at the garment for a bit before you start pressing, it's basically to ensure either water in the fabric or a separation layer stops the fabric or coating from melting. A lot of HT fabrics will stick straight to the iron as they are plastic derivatives..
The steam also killed the fluffiness quite a bit, gave it a bit of a better/different texture.

How did you iron it without touching the coat? You put something between the coat and the iron? What? A pillow case? Towel? Terry cloth?

I will be ironing it, but more info is much appreciated.

Maglor? Is that you?

Nope.

IThe hair iron? I know nothing about (apart from seeing my wife use one) so I am not responsible for whatever you nutters do with it!
:lol

jajaja
I have tried with some clothes, but the one I have (my girlfriend) have temperature regulation, so I set it "medium". It's very easy.
still I think a steam Iron and a towel is the best way to go

Ok thanks for your help Rory and Rodan, I will give it another shot. :1-1:

:1-1:

So when my figure gets here I now have two things planned right out of the box - carefully pressing the coat on full steam, sandwiching it under a barrier cloth to avoid direct contact with the iron. The other is to use Rory's suggestion of using a paintbrush to smooth down the fabric.

If I wear still getting the figure, that is, because I hate the table.

So when my figure gets here I now have two things planned right out of the box - carefully pressing the coat on full steam, sandwiching it under a barrier cloth to avoid direct contact with the iron. The other is to use Rory's suggestion of using a paintbrush to smooth down the fabric.

If I wear still getting the figure, that is, because I hate the table.

...then sell the table. I'll buy your chair :lol

Back