Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one for 10K. You pay shipping and PP fees.

sully.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on one of these and was wondering if there are any known issues regarding long term durability?
Especially with the coat - any issues with the fabric deteriorating from holding certain poses for too long? etc?

On the green vest mine came apart at the bottom. It's just thread tied around a button and it snapped. I had him sitting down in a wide legged pose. It's an easy fix though.

That's all I've noticed so far.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I figure the materials for the costume on this one aren't really the type to get damaged but the instructions say to avoid rubbing the coat so now I'm just paranoid about putting him in any poses that causes the coat to bunch up.

Since the 1/4 scale is coming soon (I hope) I have considered selling my DX11 SE. I don’t know though, it’s a tough figure to part with.

I just did. Hopefully the 1/4th will make me feel better about selling mine. Pretty much got my asking price

No but there are leaks stating that the Toy Fair Exclusive this year will be Heath's Joker in the nurse outfit. (Together with T'Chaka's Panthersuit, Ponytail Anakin & 'a black and white Captain America')

Has Hot Toys announced a new Heath Ledger Joker 12 inch figure? I see alot of them for sale on Ebay....just curious...

Perhaps it's a sign HT's bubble is about to burst and people are cashing out. Some collectors are getting tired of the same old same old and are realizing these aren't really all that collectible anymore meaning they are only good until the next version. I know i am.

That wasn't what i was implying because it is a difficult subject. Some, perhaps a lot do collect for monetary reasons...

Ya know what never mind

Forget that part and just focus instead on "collectors are tired of the same old same old". It usually happens to every toy company in time - stuff becomes stale.

If that is the case then they had a good run.

That wasn't what i was implying because it is a difficult subject. Some, perhaps a lot do collect for monetary reasons...

Ya know what never mind

Forget that part and just focus instead on "collectors are tired of the same old same old". It usually happens to every toy company in time - stuff becomes stale.

If that is the case then they had a good run.

Well, I blame the MCU, SW, and DC. That's their focus now, and I can see why, but unless you're a fan of that stuff, then yeah, it's boring. At least they're making a Matrix figure. I cant wait for that one next year. I wish they made figures from other movies tho.

Perhaps it's a sign HT's bubble is about to burst and people are cashing out. Some collectors are getting tired of the same old same old and are realizing these aren't really all that collectible anymore meaning they are only good until the next version. I know i am.

I mean... this is a bit confusing and self-paradoxical. Surely if Hot Toys don't remake a character that would encourage collectors to keep the old version as there's no new version, actually making the version the collector has good indefinitely?

Doesn't really make sense also because of course the next one should and usually is better in all regards. That's not to say just because a new one is out then suddenly the old is complete garbage. I just don't really understand the point here.

Back