Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

No more Ledger Jokers. Please.

I'd be happy with a 2.0 re-release. I really want that figure but I'm not prepared to pay current prices.

At this point, I just want to see something in 1/4 scale. Whether it's Begins Batman or TDK Joker, I don't care, but if any figure deserves some accompaniment, it's the QS Batman. I really am curious what their take on The Joker would be, though. If the QS Bats is any indication, it should be incredible, if they ever do it.

A lot of people who started in this hobby after the 1.0 released and ended up paying more for it, even for the DX02. The 2.0 released about 5 years after I think? I'm one of those people that paid extra for their BR Joker 1.0 or Harvey Dent or whatever old ones I missed getting at retail from BBTS or SSC. I think it's just a part of the hobby. Sure, no one likes it, hell I don't either, but I don't think HT should cater to everyone and just keep re-releasing certain figures over and over within a few years just so everyone could get one at retail. They are collectibles and they deserve to have some value and I can understand that. I am NOT a reseller, just to make that clear, :lol. But I feel if everyone can get their hands on one easily, then it doesn't have as much value as it would for those who have pre-ordered on day 1. I don't mind one getting released years later from now, but like several people have expressed their sentiment, please not another one so soon. If you really want what's out there now, then save up and cough up a little extra like we all did at some point. I'm gonna get crucified, but at least I'll be filming for the next 12 hrs or so so I'll read the backlash later! :lol

I don't think it's so they can let everyone get one at retail. They know their skill had improve greatly and they revisited a great character. I wouldn't mind having another DX-whatever Joker in a couple years. V1 Joker > BR >DX01 > DX11 were all huge improvements. I imagine their skills in another couple years will blow DX11 out of the water.

That being said, they know people will buy whatever they put out and they're missing a lot of money they could be making on the aftermarket. Why not rerelease a character and make a ton? As a business, I would do the same thing.

A lot of people who started in this hobby after the 1.0 released and ended up paying more for it, even for the DX02. The 2.0 released about 5 years after I think? I'm one of those people that paid extra for their BR Joker 1.0 or Harvey Dent or whatever old ones I missed getting at retail from BBTS or SSC. I think it's just a part of the hobby. Sure, no one likes it, hell I don't either, but I don't think HT should cater to everyone and just keep re-releasing certain figures over and over within a few years just so everyone could get one at retail. They are collectibles and they deserve to have some value and I can understand that. I am NOT a reseller, just to make that clear, :lol. But I feel if everyone can get their hands on one easily, then it doesn't have as much value as it would for those who have pre-ordered on day 1. I don't mind one getting released years later from now, but like several people have expressed their sentiment, please not another one so soon. If you really want what's out there now, then save up and cough up a little extra like we all did at some point. I'm gonna get crucified, but at least I'll be filming for the next 12 hrs or so so I'll read the backlash later! :lol

No backlash from me. You make a valid point - These figures won't feel as special if they're being reproduced on a massive scale. I paid through the nose for Avengers Loki and hand on heart he was worth it for me as a collector - that dude makes me smile every time I look at him :)

I still don't have that desire to pay extra for 2.0 Joker though. Who knows, that may change when I have the Armory with Bruce and Alfred!

No backlash from me either, good points, although I agree with Mudblood that if HT's skills have improved - better sculpt, real hair, whatever - then I want to see a new one. However, I'm starting to agree with you a little in the sense that I think they should wait a good length of time before 3.0 - 2018 might be a good time to bring a new one out. I'm hoping for a Begins Batman first given it was three years since the last one and that had issues. 2.0 Joker was pretty much the perfect release so I don't mind them waiting a while before that one comes round again.

A little bit off-topic with what's currently being discussed, but does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the "bathrobe" look of the purple coat? I really hate that.

A little bit off-topic with what's currently being discussed, but does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the "bathrobe" look of the purple coat? I really hate that.

Can't help you with that but you've just reminded me of something I discovered the other day... it's got little magnets in the lapels!!!! How cool is that!!!!!

If we ever get a Joker 3.0, it won't be a re-release of the 2.0. That means no interrogation scene stuff. We would likely get overlap regarding weapons, some accessories, but expect a different feel to the set.

I don't have any Ledger Jokers (DX08 is next on my list), but 2018 is more than fair.

Is there any more crap they can include that they didnt include in the previous sets that everyone is clamoring for ,then won't use after release? :lol Everyone wanted the stupid knife shoe, now its accessory tray fodder. Everyone wanted the laughing sculpt, judging by displays not as many displayed it as you would have thought going by the uproar. I guess they can add the bazooka. And still everyone will display him with knife/card/machine gun in hand, hunched. :lol

Is there any more crap they can include that they didnt include in the previous sets that everyone is clamoring for ,then won't use after release? :lol Everyone wanted the stupid knife shoe, now its accessory tray fodder. Everyone wanted the laughing sculpt, judging by displays not as many displayed it as you would have thought going by the uproar. I guess they can add the bazooka. And still everyone will display him with knife/card/machine gun in hand, hunched. :lol

Other than the oft-speculated nurse outfit, no. :lol The bazooka is a start. Then there's always a new headsculpt or two (which many will still claim doesn't look like Ledger) and rooted hair.

I bet a 3.0 will come as part of some kind of armoury style set, they've 'done' the bank robbery, mob/ grenade scene and interrogation room scene to an extent that even HT can't any milk anything else from those. There's still the chase and the final scene. I could see a Joker with a BD bat-pod or a Joker with rooted hair, the means to hang him upside down, and maybe even some dogs.

Is there any more crap they can include that they didnt include in the previous sets that everyone is clamoring for ,then won't use after release? :lol Everyone wanted the stupid knife shoe, now its accessory tray fodder.

To be fair:

A) I display my Interrogation Joker with the shoe-blade

and

B) I think the excess of weapons makes for a great display when stacked on the Interrogation Room table. Kind of like a messy Joker-version of the Bat-armory.

Back