Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me either. I guess they were going for a sweaty look? The only good repaints I've seen are the natural look that deathbyexile did and the resculpt/paint that umm... that one guy did. :slap I'm not good with names.

They're based off the interrogation scene, so yes they were going for the sweaty look (which it succeeds at).

I wish they had a third sculpt that's clean and mob scene expression like the DX01... but I guess even a 2.0 doesn't warrant a third sculpt.

I know what look they were going for and the effect the gloss achieves... I'm just saying I don't really like the shiny look it has at times.

Me too. I was really excited for the laughing sculpt from the promos, but in hand it was a little underwhelming (so I sold it). I would've rather had a clean mob sculpt like you said.

Okay... so after the redressing and button fiasco I had finally started to warm up to this figure and it feels great to have Ledger Joker back with the rest even if I am running out of space... :/

Here is a few more shots:

Those last 3 pics look so lifelike it's eerie!

I just finished modding my small Ikea Granas side table for the interrogation scene. I still can't seem to get the damn collar to stay nice and spread out like yours.

e6bq.jpg

lb3u.jpg

2lgs.jpg

Apologies in advance, I'm still a novice but may I ask what's the purpose of water treating the overcoat?

It makes it hang and drape better. It looks more natural and not all puffy. I highly recommend it.

It is too bad that they have not got the sculpt right after so many attempts... I feel sorry for those who have orders.

S

Apologies in advance, I'm still a novice but may I ask what's the purpose of water treating the overcoat?

It makes it hang and drape better. It looks more natural and not all puffy. I highly recommend it.
:exactly:
Yep. I've done it to most of my figures. Soak the clothes, let them dry a little , put them back on the figure and futz. Some people like to use a spray bottle and keep the clothes on the figure, but personally I get better results by soaking the outfit for awhile.

And thanks for the heads up Zsasz.

Can one of the master futzers give me some pointers on making the shirt, tie, and pants look and lay more naturally? The shirt's all bunched up and the tie lays a little weird. Water treatment and lots of tucking? I'm gonna soak the coat tomorrow. I've got the shoes coming in tomorrow and I'm trying to snag a vest on eBay.

Back