Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jokerstrip.jpg

okay, this is kinda freakin' me out.

:lol I'm assuming he repainted it afterwards. I'd like to see it. Where did you find this?

@ Dront. Those are fantastic pics!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:lol I'm assuming he repainted the afterwards. I'd like to see it. Where did you find this?

i found it on my desktop ~ it's mine!

hahahahaha ~

and i did repaint it, but probably not as one would expect:

jokerstrip3.jpg

i don't think it's done ~ might have another go at it since there are parts that are a bit sloppy. doesn't help that the sculpt has no eyebrows.

: D

Oh! Lol

I should have known it was you. That was awesome.

What did you have in mind repainting it?

eventually my cop joker will go back to being a cop joker, and i still wanted an asylum joker (sans the makeup) that wasn't just another cop joker sculpt (much as love it), so voilá!

might retouch the hair too ~ haven't decided. i still think he's way creepier without the makeup.

thanks!

non-acetone nail polish remover and a lot of freakin' elbow grease.

there is so much texture on the sculpt i literally had to go in, pore-by-pore in some spots. there's still a wee spot under the hanging-over hair line that i just gave up on out of sheer exhaustion.

i see that i definitely went too dark on the mouth now that i've sat with it for a while. will likely soften the color there.

I think the scarring on his cheeks should be a little closer to flesh tone. I might add some blonde/brown to the hair, too, as if the dye hasn't been touched up in a while and is fading/washing out. Other than that it look pretty good to me. :rock

I think the scarring on his cheeks should be a little closer to flesh tone. I might add some blonde/brown to the hair, too, as if the dye hasn't been touched up in a while and is fading/washing out. Other than that it look pretty good to me.

thanks! the paint dried about 5 times darker than i expected (it's practically purple!), so i am definitely going back in and getting it back to a proper pinky/fleshy hue.

i don't think i have the right colors for the hair at the moment. will have to go shopping if i am going to mess with that part.

I need to Futz it more, but I like the set for what it is....a display piece.

Parts used: TTM-21 body, Asmus Toys bank robber set, DX10 hands, DX12 head.

Mask looks a bit wide because of the head shape of the DX12 Bale sculpt, BR joker would be best for the mask.

The DX11 set has a left gun hand and if you were to paint it black that would be perfect for screen accuracy.

Thanks. Looks pretty good to me.

managed to fix the purple paint ~ much better!

will work on the hair when i get some acrylic that isn't black, red, white, or golden brown (that's all i had to work with today).

jokerstrip4.jpg

Alright, let's try this again. I've been trying to post these pics, but it hasn't worked so far.

Anyway, here they are. I still plan on doing some more with better lighting, and some other poses (especially when my DX12 arrives next week), but I think these came out pretty cool (even if some are a bit dark). Enjoy.

FBBA1DDC-4788-49CF-B5E7-BA59E8B98B7C-174-00000044654A34A1.jpg~original

507CFA93-AC9E-46AF-B754-52F8FB93A926-174-00000044FA146663.jpg~original

DSC04596.jpg~original

DSC04578.jpg~original

DSC04571.jpg~original

Last edited:
[ame="https://youtu.be/y7T-b3KpdwU"]https://youtu.be/y7T-b3KpdwU[/ame]I know i'm late to the party but if anyone is interested in my thoughts here they are :O)

Anyone have any tips for hiding the loose threads that are sticking out of the vest from where the snap buttons are attached?

HabiToys...with comparasion all the joker´s heads sculp.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhyEWdeutzQ[/ame]

Top review as usual, bruva!:clap

Don't disagree with anything you said.

thats ok pal thats the good thing with reviews everyone sees things differently , but as a matter of interest where do our thoughts differ coz if i'm honest my opinion keeps changing on this figure like no other , i really think i should have waited a week to review because my thoughts might be completly different . glad ya enjoyed the video though

Back