Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Rory, it does look promising. I like where you are headed with the eyelids especially.

Thanks.. yeah, it I think it's starting to look a bit more like Ledger now.. new nose, new chin, new cheeks new eye shape, new hair. And I got rid of the turned up "smile" lip which I always thought
looked weird.
This hasn't been cleaned up, very rough... wanted to make it a little more like the EB sculpt and also get rid of the horrible hair sculpt.

1-97_zps02e27faa.jpg

Just started this, very rough stage, covered in putty and sanding...but looks promising?
1-97_zpsc4040e33.jpg

Looks very promising! While I like al the HT sculpts I fins all of them lacking and me wanting more. And yeah, the hair sculpt only looks good from certain angles, others not so much. Get rid of it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I don't get mine till the week of 17th june. Am i bothered? no. Will i stop using the seller i do? no. I use collectibles direct for two main reasons 1) because of layaway and 2) hes a decent guy who'll help you out if he's sold out of something. It all depends who your seller gets his stock from, not every UK sellers gets their stock from the same source.

I've used Collectibles Direct many times before. Still waiting for my Joker but I'm putting up with the delay since they've been good to me in the past. Customer service and communication were excellent each time I dealt with them. :clap

Kinda hate when Rory does this. Between him and Sebs customs it makes me want to throw all my dollies away, log off and never look back. :lol

I know, I remember when the dx11 was released and a few people were customising bits and weathering the cloths etc and I was thinking "damn it, mine won't look like that":( haha.

Same with the eyelid mod for the dx12. I'm sure it was Rory that sculpted the eyelids. Made his expression look great and the epitome of bale's look from the two movies but I knew mine would suddenly look worse by comparison. :lol

I've used Collectibles Direct many times before. Still waiting for my Joker but I'm putting up with the delay since they've been good to me in the past. Customer service and communication were excellent each time I dealt with them. :clap

Yup i've used lee for the past year or so top bloke. I got my instock within 5 days notice from him yesterday which was a nice surprise. I also went ahead and bought another one from Lee at the good the bad and the robots which i'll be getting tommorow. so i'll be parting out my second next week.

Looks great Rory nice work.

I was playing with a DX11 head. Stripped the paint and repainted it. I also added so strands of real hair for a more realistic look and to have a bit of longer hair.
Here's some very rough and bad pics.

Looks very promising, you definitely captured the chin nicely. Can't wait to see it painted

Thanks man :duff

Kinda hate when Rory does this. Between him and Sebs customs it makes me want to throw all my dollies away, log off and never look back. :lol

:lol don't be silly mate, you have done some great customising yourself.

Those eyes look fantastic.

:duff
Looks great Rory nice work.

I was playing with a DX11 head. Stripped the paint and repainted it. I also added so strands of real hair for a more realistic look and to have a bit of longer hair.
Here's some very rough and bad pics.

IMG_0973_zps3aa2166a.jpg
[/URL]

Looks cool man! I was planning on doing some real hair as well, I have used curled mohair before on my Scissorhands custom, is that what you use?

Rory what kind of putty are you using to mod your joker, I got some super sculpey would that work just as well?

Rory what kind of putty are you using to mod your joker, I got some super sculpey would that work just as well?

milliput. Air drying two part epoxy, I LOVE the stuff. Not sure about sculpey, I have only used the oven hardening sculpey which wouldn't work.
I thought the stock Joker head was too angular, his chin and nose stick out to much making him pointy.

milliput. Air drying two part epoxy, I LOVE the stuff. Not sure about sculpey, I have only used the oven hardening sculpey which wouldn't work.
I thought the stock Joker head was too angular, his chin and nose stick out to much making him pointy.

Milliput? ..I will look into that, I think super sculpey will work, you can actually harden it by dipping it in boiled water which would be ideal for building on top of the stock sculpt.

So what exactly did you do, sand down the nose and chin then slap on some putty onto the cheeks and other areas and sand down from there? ..how did you manage to fix the eyelids, It's such a tiny area to resculpt!:panic:

Anyone got any advice on the best materials to use to weather and dirty up the coat? I bought a spare to weather up so it looks messed up and covered in make up.

Back