Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my DX11 Joker today after a waiting out an awful delay thanks to the UPS train derailing from the tracks. :horror
Fortunately the outer box took all the damage and the shipper and art box inside were not harmed. What a beautiful figure.

Quick question for anyone who uses BBTS. This is the first time I can remember selecting collector's grade on a Hot Toys purchase. What exactly was different between this and the standard option? I did notice the shipper had been opened and re-taped shut with a green sticker placed over top. Do they open them to check the condition of the box/figure or what?

Finally got my DX11 Joker today after a waiting out an awful delay thanks to the UPS train derailing from the tracks. :horror
Fortunately the outer box took all the damage and the shipper and art box inside were not harmed. What a beautiful figure.

Quick question for anyone who uses BBTS. This is the first time I can remember selecting collector's grade on a Hot Toys purchase. What exactly was different between this and the standard option? I did notice the shipper had been opened and re-taped shut with a green sticker placed over top. Do they open them to check the condition of the box/figure or what?
I also had the collector's grade, and this was the first time I ever got a HT figure from them with the shipper opened, and the box inside wrapped in a big plastic bag. It actually eased my mind a bit, because I've been worried about getting one with defects.

I don't know if they removed the figure or not, but I noticed the eyes were looking pretty far to the side, but that might have happened at the factory, so I'm not sure if BBTS checked the PERS.

Did anyone else get their Joker looking far to the side when they opened it? It's in perfect condition so I don't care, I'm just curious, as it would be kinda nice if they'd check to see if you had faulty PERs before mailing it out.

SS rep told my LCS owner that they were expecting another shipment of exclusives in two weeks. I still haven't received my preorder and I should be getting it with this batch.

Damn missed the opportunity to snag the exclusive again. I'm pretty new here, was wondering if you guys get a notification or something when it's back in stock? How do you do this?

Got mine yesterday. Can't get over how awesome the laughing sculpt is, I'm really surprised by how much I like it.

Agreed. Both sculpts are stunning. I really see a lot of Ledger in the smirking portrait. More so than any previous HT Jokers.

By the way, one of the little round magnets under the lapel of my jacket came off. What kind of glue would one suggest using to reattach it? I was weary of using crazy glue, since it melts everything it touches.

Agreed. Both sculpts are stunning. I really see a lot of Ledger in the smirking portrait. More so than any previous HT Jokers.

By the way, one of the little round magnets under the lapel of my jacket came off. What kind of glue would one suggest using to reattach it? I was weary of using crazy glue, since it melts everything it touches.

fabric glue should do the trick

I am a fan of the Nolan Batman Trilogy movies, but never a collector of any movie memorabilia (including action figures). So naturally I have passed on any HT's related Dark Knight releases without a thought or regret. Here's my problem…..my last purchase was HT's DX T-800 from late last year. My future scheduled purchases "were" going to be Batman Returns Penguin and Keaton. We all know this will be a long time before we see "in hand" products. So now I am getting a HT's purchasing itch. Nothing on the current release items are interesting to me. Being bored my eye has started to look at the 2.0 Joker. And asking myself should I make the purchase or hold off (but how long) until Batman Returns and SS Darth Vader.

I am also on the fence with Scar Predator. But if I was to choose one between the two I think 2.0 would be the better purchase.

I find it strange that you come on here expecting a non bias opinion when most people on here praise this thing. What do you think they are going to say? No don't buy it, it sucks. I think it is nice a set but there are better things to spend money on IMO than this. I would really only recommend this if you were a diehard Ledger Joker fan like most of us here are and like to have multiple display options.

Honestly, it sounds like your heart really isn't in it, and you're just trying to find an excuse to burn some money.

:exactly:

That is what it sounds like, no point in buying something where u are not that interested in it. Glad someone pointed that out!

These things cost too much to buy just because you're bored and haven't bought one in a while. You want my advice? Take the money you would have spent, and take your girlfriend out on a really nice date instead.

Great advice Haytil! :hi5:

Finished with all the weathering...

imagebpp.jpg

Just awesome! :eek

Hello :)

Repainted coat and a bit weathering
Blazer dyed and sleeveless(less bulky)
Shaved under the arms

CvDVTiy.jpg

BqyVpgB.jpg

WW6mJBz.jpg

U7wePP4.jpg

Nice job, but could you send some better pics? Not sure about anyone else but I can't tell if it is less bulky. :dunno

Even still, buying spare clothes still seems awfully pricy for modifications... I mean it's not like you're buying them for $10 or less and endless available if one screws it up.

Not that I'm condemning anyone who goes that route. Just stating a fact.

$48 for purple jacket.
Grey jacket ranges from $23 to $37. Expensive for cutting up.

Yeah but I agree with other people here. I would rather spend $23 to cut up a spare jacket instead of the one I bought in the 2.0 Joker set.

Hello :)

Repainted coat and a bit weathering
Blazer dyed and sleeveless(less bulky)
Shaved under the arms

CvDVTiy.jpg

BqyVpgB.jpg

WW6mJBz.jpg

U7wePP4.jpg

No offence meant, but that is an extremely unnatural stance (plus uncomfortable) for the arms. Try doing it in front of a mirror.

All these awesome pics make me wish I could pay mine off right now. Especially since he's just sitting in my local shop on hold with my name on him. Unfortunately my bills have other ideas at the moment.

In due time, I guess. :)

All these awesome pics make me wish I could pay mine off right now. Especially since he's just sitting in my local shop on hold with my name on him. Unfortunately my bills have other ideas at the moment.

In due time, I guess. :)

It will be that much sweeter when you finally get him, though. :)

Back